Pre 50 PvP gear worth it?

Peteflame

I would say absolutely, It is very affordable and has excellent stats.

Overall a very good way to supplement the gear you will get from other sources like flashpoints.

I think the max amount of commendations you can carry is 1000 so may as well buy some gear and make your leveling experience fun.

I'm not exactly sure how the commendations system works at 50 ( as far as what commendations you need for what, and where to get them )

But as far as I know, there is nothing to gain from you saving up so early.

yes it is definetly worth getting and pretty much free too if you WZ a lot. Especially when you hit 40 and use that set you can tell a huge difference

Just make sure when you are about to hit 50 you have 1000 merc and wz commendations so you can buy 5 champ bags.

Edited by Dustfinder

the pre 50 pvp gear has no expertise, which is the defining pvp stat. pre 50 ovo gear is just as good as whatever you're wearing right now as long as your current gear is on par with your current level.

so if you like pvp, basically, get a champ bag(you're only allowed one), and have 1000 commendations and 1000 merc commendations saved up and at that point, if youre not 50 yet and want to spend commendations on anything, go ahead because at that point youre capped out on commendations. but pre 50 pvp gear is just regular pve gear. pvp gear may just have a more defined set of bonuses to certain stats that you may desire. like crit or surge or power.

Honestly, the fact (and I'm not denying that it's true, just kinda depressed that it is...) that expertise IS the defining stat in PvP makes level 40 pvp gear pretty much the equivalent of PvE gear at that level. Some of it can be more tailored to pvp secondary stats that are important for your class (crit and surge for my sniper, for example), but in truth it's pretty much like going into CWGs and snagging FP loot.

However, I have had a hellofafun time leveling my latest char while keeping my valor rank at the level cap throughout, which inevitiably leads to having waaay too many commendations, so you find it nearly necessary to buy the lvl 20/40 pvp gear so that you're not wasting resources. Not only that, but hitting level 50 being at valor rank 50 will make the BM grind oh so much more bearable, and you'll already have 6 fresh bags to open the moment you ding. You also get a lot of XP from that doing that much pvp, enough so that I haven't had to do a single quest outside my class questline and I've been above the level for it most of the time.

I know this was about the PvP gear at lower levels, but I figured I might give my perspective on why you'd find them useful. If you like PvP, you'll enjoy the 10-49 bracket, enough so that it only makes sense to buy the gear at those levels so that you don't have to rely on FP/quest loots to make you competitive.