Companion Influence Reset?

DawnAskham

I haven't played in a while and was catching up today and checking my main character, and instead of all original comps at max influence (I maxed them to 50 at start of KOTFE), I have versions of comps that are no longer at the max influence rank.

I've checked several other characters that had full max rank companions and now have versions of those same companions with minimal rank.

I was also missing companions that I had previously returned through the terminal.

I was able to use the terminal on Odessen to return the missing ones from KOTFE (with the correct max rank), but I don't see any way to get my companions that had max influence returned or the influence restored.

Did Bioware botch something in the past year or two - maybe trying to clean up the mess from KOTFE (I know I had characters that had multiple versions of some comps - now just one - and in typical Bioware fashion, not the one with max rank influence).

Did this for me for many toons, especially the Jedi knight and Consular(or is it because I have a zillion of those).

It happened mainly with Rusk and Nadia, after Ossus story. Thing is, class story "Sergeant Fideltin Rusk" returns as "Provost Marshal Rusk", and you can see his skin color isn't exactly the same. For Nadia, she has a new look when she returns, and you then need to use a Customization to give her previous look. The class story Rusk and Nadia found in your companion window have their influence level they had at the time you started KOTFE (or completed KOTFE chapter 1). So, basically someone who maxed them before starting KOTFE would have an additional comp at level 50. Of course, you may want to open a ticket to CS and they should fix it (removing the class story version of the companion).

Thanks for responses.

After spending way too much time, it appears I have all kinds of issues.

Warriors (plural) missing Piece (shows unavailable and rank 1 -at least one had a 50).

Warrior with Jaesa as rank 1 / stuck at rank 1 (was 50).

IA with Lokin available, low rank (was 50).

IA missing Lokin (was 50)

Knight with T7 available, rank 4 (was 50).

Several had comps from KOTFE I maxed, and I guess taking the skip to Ossus (I think that is what the planet is called), must have been killed in the story I skipped, and was able to return them from terminal in Odessen and they seem to have their correct influence.

Google-fu suggests Piece and Lokin return from missions in the KOTFE interface thing for comps, but I don't have either mission showing as available.

Will try to submit ticket but won't hold out for any answer or fix anytime soon - what a cluster-you-know-what they pulled with companions - I hope they never pull the KOTFE 'lets remove the comps' again.

Edited by DawnAskham

This is infuriating - did they break the companion return terminal in Odessen too?

I now have run across a couple of characters that are even missing Treek (the cash shop comp - not tied to any story).

She shows as unavailable along with old comps like Xalek on an Inq, and yet the terminal says I have all my companions.