8m NiM Dread Fortress Guide

Hey everyone, with patch 2.7 going live tomorrow, I thought I would share the operations guide I wrote for Nightmare Dread Fortress.

Guides all updated for live server mechanics with live server kill videos.

Also new to this iteration of guides are class specific tips written by some of my guildies.

Enjoy!

Edited by Iwipe

Except he isn't in the Grob'thok fight, I wonder why. :p

I saw that you do not have an enrage timer for Grob'Thok. I think our kill gives an idea of an enrage timer. It wasn't pretty but epic nonetheless. 100-1000 spikes all the time increased the level of difficulty. We are estimating a 6m30 enrage but we may be off.

I saw that you do not have an enrage timer for Grob'Thok. I think our kill gives an idea of an enrage timer. It wasn't pretty but epic nonetheless. 100-1000 spikes all the time increased the level of difficulty. We are estimating a 6m30 enrage but we may be off.

Thanks, I will add it in :) Someone said enrage on Nefra is around 180s, is that the same for you guys too?

Thanks, I will add it in :) Someone said enrage on Nefra is around 180s, is that the same for you guys too?

Regarding enrage timers, here's what my guild has found out:

Nefra: 3min 10sec

Draxus: 7min 45sec

Grob'thok: 6min 30sec

Corruptor Zero: no enrage timer

Regarding your guides; the mechanics could be more detailed, but I really like the new class specific tips, those are helping a lot. Thanks for those! :)

Edited by Jerba

We haven't hit enrage with her nor tried to see her enrage timer. We did find something nice with Zero and can confirm he does not have an enrage timer. After an all nighter, we were so tired at Zero, we did not think we would actually kill it. Fight is over 9 minutes on the parser.

Regarding enrage timers, here's what my guild has found out:

Nefra: 3min 10sec

Draxus: 7min 45sec

Grob'thok: 6min 30sec

Corruptor Zero: no enrage timer

Regarding your guides; the mechanics could be more detailed, but I really like the new class specific tips, those are helping a lot. Thanks for those! :)

Thanks for the timers, as for more detailed mechanics explanation, I am at a loss on what else to include. The only thing I can think of are positionings which are different from guild to guild and may not work out for all. The guide assume the readers know the mechanics of the hardmode fight already so the gist of it is to explain the differences between HM and NiM.

Thanks for the timers, as for more detailed mechanics explanation, I am at a loss on what else to include. The only thing I can think of are positionings which are different from guild to guild and may not work out for all. The guide assume the readers know the mechanics of the hardmode fight already so the gist of it is to explain the differences between HM and NiM.

What I found is that the way you describe the nightmare guides only works if one has enough DPS/HPS. Because of that, you can ignore certain mechanics and just heal the damage away, while other groups will be having problems with it.

For example, in the Draxus fight, you do not mention that:

- The next wave of adds always spawns 55 seconds after the previous wave if the adds are not killed fast enough.

- Draxus has a new ability where he can pull in players

- The Bulwarks go enrage after finishing their shield channel (30 seconds), randomly attacking people with ~15k damage.

- Not every group will be able to push Draxus to 30% in Wave 5, but will have him present during Wave 6; therefore those groups can't assign healers for Dismantlers since healers are too busy healing the tank.

- Also, in your tactic you intentionally let the Corrupter put out Mass Affliction; I don't think every group will be able to just heal through that damage.

Missing from the HM guide:

- Draxus always disappers at 90%, 60%, 30%; sometimes you can get in a few % more before he disappears

- All the small details, like the Subteroth explosion having a 7m radius; needing to be within a 4m radius to deal damage on adds shielded by Bulwarks; needing to spread out when Draxus is present so that not every player receives a Corrosive Grenade

- You don't mention that the blue Dismantler is hitting for more than the red Dismantler.

- Adding information like the length of debuffs or boss casts will also go a long way toward helping figure out how to improve a tactic.

Don't get me wrong; your guides are great for covering new content, but a true nightmare guide needs to be more detailed à la Icy Veins style, unless you have the DPS/HPS to heal through the detailed mechanics.

Edited by Jerba

What I found is that the way you describe the nightmare guides only works if one has enough DPS/HPS. Because of that, you can ignore certain mechanics and just heal the damage away, while other groups will be having problems with it.

For example, in the Draxus fight, you do not mention that:

- The next wave of adds always spawns 55 seconds after the previous wave if the adds are not killed fast enough.

- Draxus has a new ability where he can pull in players

- The Bulwarks go enrage after finishing their shield channel (30 seconds), randomly attacking people with ~15k damage.

- Not every group will be able to push Draxus to 30% in Wave 5, but will have him present during Wave 6; therefore those groups can't assign healers for Dismantlers since healers are too busy healing the tank.

- Also, in your tactic you intentionally let the Corrupter put out Mass Affliction; I don't think every group will be able to just heal through that damage.

Missing from the HM guide:

- Draxus always disappers at 90%, 60%, 30%; sometimes you can get in a few % more before he disappears

- All the small details, like the Subteroth explosion having a 7m radius; needing to be within a 4m radius to deal damage on adds shielded by Bulwarks; needing to spread out when Draxus is present so that not every player receives a Corrosive Grenade

- You don't mention that the blue Dismantler is hitting for more than the red Dismantler.

- Adding information like the length of debuffs or boss casts will also go a long way toward helping figure out how to improve a tactic.

Don't get me wrong; your guides are great for covering new content, but a true nightmare guide needs to be more detailed à la Icy Veins style, unless you have the DPS/HPS to heal through the detailed mechanics.

Thanks, I added those in. Let me know if there is anything else that should be added. Also please check your PM :)

Both Nefra and Draxus guides have been updated with Live server kill videos and additional strats/missing mechanics provided by Jerba/Theho. Grob'thok and Corruptor guides will be updated as well later in the day