Who LOVES 1.6?

Technohic

So far, after doing fine with 4 pieces of BM and the rest recruit, doing the best I could that way; I still have BM but almost all the recruit is gone and replaced with WH gear(including MH and OH); WOW! It is like a weight has been lifted off my chest.

Still have not had a hypergate WZ pop yet, but hope I do here soon. Need to go do dailies to get some more augments going.

So far, after doing fine with 4 pieces of BM and the rest recruit, doing the best I could that way; I still have BM but almost all the recruit is gone and replaced with WH gear(including MH and OH); WOW! It is like a weight has been lifted off my chest.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the changes, it's great to see things a little more balanced stat wise with newer players in Warzones.:)

Glad to hear you're enjoying the changes, it's great to see things a little more balanced stat wise with newer players in Warzones.:)

I did ok before and had fun; it just got a little easier. Now I have to watch falling in the trap of not paying attention to the objectives or being too confident. lol

As the other poster said, there seems to be more decent opponents.

I havent even tried it and I already know that I will hate it:

1- New warzone doesnt look sage/sorc friendly and the mechanic in itself strikes me as boring.

2. Everyone will have WH in a week = sorc/sage taking the biggest hits from EVERYONE and not just the few geared people in every warzone.

3. Space missions.....yeah.....no.

4. Cartel items that I can't buy due to BW'es fail system that randomely blocks accounts.

Only good thing about it is the ability to buy artifact boxes with tionese crystals. The content is crap of course but you can atleast vendor it fror a few credits. Way better than having 1000 crystals in your inventory.

I havent even tried it and I already know that I will hate it:

1- New warzone doesnt look sage/sorc friendly and the mechanic in itself strikes me as boring.

2. Everyone will have WH in a week = sorc/sage taking the biggest hits from EVERYONE and not just the few geared people in every warzone.

3. Space missions.....yeah.....no.

4. Cartel items that I can't buy due to BW'es fail system that randomely blocks accounts.

Only good thing about it is the ability to buy artifact boxes with tionese crystals. The content is crap of course but you can atleast vendor it fror a few credits. Way better than having 1000 crystals in your inventory.

I really value your opinion. You should make some more threads about how you don't like what you havent tried

All the people complaining about how their "hard-earned War Hero gear" is now casually availeble need to learn that PvP is not about gear. Or at least should not be.

Having said that, 1.6 has been a blast.

our problem is that the grind we had to do to get said gear was wiped out, and now have to do it again

our problem is that the grind we had to do to get said gear was wiped out, and now have to do it again

Correct, it's about time investment. It took time to run 500+ WZ in order to get geared. Kinda feel jilted. I agree pvp should not be about gear. But BW made it about gear since launch, now twice we have had to "gear up". Also I do not mind adding another level, cause it's progression, but removing the lower level is wrong.

imo everyone should just wear a standard set of pvp gear. no progression, no qq'ing, just face smashing fun.

I'd rather be rewarded for my time (and money) spent. Having the privilege to buy a holographic solstice tree is not rewarding.

In hind sight, I would have started playing Star Wars, oh, about 3 weeks ago, and I'd be a few hundred dollars richer.

Now I have Stockholm's syndrome and must give my abuser more money.

Edited by Toasted_Coconuts

Well 1.6 has shelved my concealment op that I spent quite a lot of time grinding for WH. Admittedly the spec is very gear dependent and can only "crush" lesser geared players. I don't want to be a bandwagon player and respec to heals till they give concealment another chance though, I'm fine playing on alts. Started pvping again on my Guardian, the first character I got to level 50, and have been enjoying it a lot. So overall I say the fact that a lot of grind is now made easy is made up for the fact that now I will be able to gear up my alts much more easily and can play the style I want to play and not just the character that I have invested the most time in.

have seen an improvment overall in WZs already today. much more competitive matches overall, even when pugging vs some premades. should even get better as more people get into some WH gear.

oh and new WZ is fun. :)

Agreed, the gear desparity is going away, the pvp matches are fun and more chalanging. 1.6 rules, I love the new WZ alot, i hope BW makes more WZ's that have this kind of engaging play. the only issue is it harly ever pops, i still get HB and NC even more than what i usually do with a few CW and VS in between. I pvped for about 12 hours and it only poped 3 times for me in that whole time.

My classes still aren't full wh but they are much closer and I'm loving it. I'm usually top on all of them since I have pvp'd for a long time but now it feels much better.

Also, and much more important, is that I've noticed matches seem more even. If we can just add in premade matching and cross server then instanced pvp will be set.

I like hypergate. it's a new set of mechanics for pvp.

however, the middle is a cluster*(&^. I think they developed it especially for the lolsmashers. it's very tight in there, like vstar doors w/o the open space to retreat back to. it's perfect for the smashers' instant cast aoe. ouch.

Having put off the war hero body piece grind for awhile (I'd slowly ground out my elite war hero offhand after having gotten the elite war hero mainhand right after it came out), it was pretty nice to get three pieces of war hero and a piece of elite war hero after only one match (had almost capped normal comms and about 2k ranked comms before the patch. No I wasn't make it a point to cap them). Noticed a much bigger difference than I thought I would, and got enough expertise to get two campaign armorings to keep my set bonus, still have decent expertise, and finally have a look I actually like.

Love the changes so far. Only tried the new warzone once. Gonna take some getting used to.

I like 1.6. It means I can gear up my alts. My sage I abandon cause the old gear grind was too much, this was back before recruit gear was in the game. The same is true of my commando healer. Having to grind bm, then the long trek for wh gear was too much grinding for mere alt. That's why I stopped and only focus on my mains.

I haven't played it yet, but I also think that reducing gear gap was a great move. PVP should be about fun not gear. Good players still will be better then the rest because the time invested in playing increased their skill not only gear. And latter will still be better due to min/maxing, and using EWH, but the gap will not be that vast anymore.

I don't believe you weren't sick of wzs, where 3/4 of the team had 14-15k hp. That meant insta gank. Bad players will still bebad, but they will last longer, which will buy some time for the good ones.

Edited by enteri

New wz is awful and over too fast be it win or lose makes the seeing it pop a SIGH moment.

xp gains from it due to time it takes are crap and the win conditions need to be increased by another 33%

Should not be queueing and waiting for 5-8 minutes for a warzone that in all liklihood is going to last the same amount of time.

Haven't played on my mando yet just grabbed a few bits of WH then started pulling the mods/armor etc out till I ran out of credits and still have another 7 pieces to pull :) Sadly I'm stuffed by this BW billing issue of too many tranasactions so I cant even buy some CC for some fast credits nor can i be arsed to run boring dailies.

The new warzone is incredibly fun. Fast paced, decisive, and unlike most of the other WZs you can actually make a comeback even if your team does poorly in the first round.

As for the new gear, I'm a healer Merc so I haven't been able to trade in any new gear due to the bug. But I'm pretty excited at the opportunity to min/max my stats once again. Hopefully to beat my server's record for largest heal.

Im loving it.

I have been fully min maxed on my shadow for a while but the easy gear grind is refreshing for myself to either build new geae or re roll without the worry of having to grind for months to get an alt to the same level

Also its great to see newbies and bads have a chance rather than get steam rolled then cry here. No more excuses for having better gear.

The new wz is awesome and i can see lots of tactics coming into play for rwzs. People who arnt enjoying it are mad. Its a huge cluster of pire pvp in the middle which is awesome. Been waiting for a wz like this for a while.

People will still moan but i think its a great refreshing change to node caping spam.

Liking the new WZ, only done one match which we won, but still need to get to grips with some tactics for it to be truly enjoyable. My combat medic commando is mainly BM and Recruit geared when the patch hit, I have managed to grab the WH chest and already.

I think its great that the gear gap is gone and it will now be based on skill. Now looking forward to the next week when I can farm my full WH set and see how that improves my performance and survivability as a healer in WZ's.