Are the collections prices intended or a bug?

Reno_Tarshil

Fairly sure that already happened.

This is pretty much the final nail in the coffin, concerning what 2.8 was supposed to be. As far as I can remember, it is by far the WORSE update in this game's history.

This update convinced me to finally cancel my sub. I've been debating it for a while now. Garbage update.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I want to add some clarity around what was wrong, what is intended, and what is being changed. First off, the what is wrong. There was a little confusion around things when we last talked about this issue. It appears that the current rarities in the pack are correct, however, the tooltips and rarity icons for those items are not. Just to reiterate, the rarity of the items that you have been seeing in the packs is correct and is not being changed. What is being changed are the tooltips and rarity icons to make sure that this is accurately represented. Our current target is to get those adjusted in Game Update 2.8.1, it should be noted that the Star Cluster pack also becomes embargoed in that same update.

Another thing that I know was questioned was the collections unlock prices. Those prices are intended. Collections prices are something that is not completely static from one pack to another and can shift. Similarly, many of you might notice that in the Star Cluster pack there are different amounts of items at different rarities than normal (more rares, less commons, etc). With the Star Cluster pack, we were trying out some new things. I can tell you that the team has heard your feedback around both the rarities and the collections pricing and will adjust accordingly in future packs.

I apologize for the confusion around this and I hope this clears things up!

TLDR – Rarities and collection costs are right. Item rarity icons and collections tooltip rarity are not and are targeted to be fixed in 2.8.1.

-eric

What a f***ing joke. We are going to fix the drop rate AFTER you remove them from the game. Nice job and being f***ing retarded. I would love to meet the guy is brilliant idea this was.

Aww . . . I am glad for the update, but not so much about its contents. Very disappointing that the rarities and collection unlock prices are intended. I say, you know your "experiment" is a flop when the players bug report it!

I love how fixated you guys are that one emote costs 600cc to unlock. You do realise this isn't a new thing, right?

They've been doing this since last year, many of the Super Rare emotes cost a fortune.

Some e.g.s I can find: Head Bob, Whatup.

Cancelled my 6 month recurring subscription because of this which has been running since launch. Funnily, there's only one day left anyway.

Good job whoever decided the price of these items. Who would have figured such an increase in pricing would evoke such emotional responses and causing some people to leave or protest otherwise.

i know that I will save a lot of money not buying packs in the future. and that is no joke

I'd have to agree. I'd rather collect money ingame and buy the stuff I actually want, and keep the CC from my subscription for unlocking stuff in the legacy

Another kick in the balls. Way to go Bioware :rolleyes: Do more bugs and keep the prices going up. I am sure that will help the game. Oh and don't forget to scrap GSF completely. I am sure that will work out just fine Edited by jankiel

Ugh... just... ugh. Here I was, genuinely impressed by the Nightlife Packs - the Tulak Hord set looked amazing, sets based on the first Sith Lords and Mandalore the Ultimate had my lore-love kicking into overdrive, bringing back the old-school sets people had been asking for, and Rancor and Walker mounts to top it all off.

Heaven forbid they were actually just been stepping up their game and releasing all-around solid packs! No, these have to be limited-duration packs to encourage people to "Buy! Buy! Buy!" before they're gone, and on top of that they made certain pieces of the sets rarer than the other pieces so that it further encourages more pack sales.

The super-high Collection Prices actually make a perverse sort of sense with these being limited-term packs, the items/sets in them will be that much rarer overall as a result, "justifying" the higher price.

If they'd pulled something like this around the time of 2.4, I'd have been fairly annoyed. Putting it out at the same time as their hands-down weakest update ever? That is extremely disappointing.

This makes me not want to buy Hypercrates anymore. The price is already so high for just random items that getting a bunch of crap I can't even sell for decent credits is just too big of a pill to swallow. At least with some of the other Hypercrates I knew I'd probably get a complete armor set and a cool mount or color crystal.

The huge drop rate gulf between the lower and upper parts of armor is just unacceptable. What the hell am I gonna do with 10 boots that everyone else and their dog has?

Edited by blackholedreams

What a f***ing joke. We are going to fix the drop rate AFTER you remove them from the game. Nice job and being f***ing retarded. I would love to meet the guy is brilliant idea this was.

They're actually not going to fix the droprates at all... they're just gonna change the icons so that the rarity of the items now corresponds with how rare they actually are.

So I guess all upper sets will now be gold and marked as super_rare...

i know that I will save a lot of money not buying packs in the future. and that is no joke

If I knew this was all messed up before I bought packs I would have saved my money, now I know for the future.

Another thing that I know was questioned was the collections unlock prices. Those prices are intended. Collections prices are something that is not completely static from one pack to another and can shift. Similarly, many of you might notice that in the Star Cluster pack there are different amounts of items at different rarities than normal (more rares, less commons, etc). With the Star Cluster pack, we were trying out some new things. I can tell you that the team has heard your feedback around both the rarities and the collections pricing and will adjust accordingly in future packs.
So basically, the intention is to milk us some more. With everything costing way more cartel coins these days than it did when the Cartel Market first launched, perhaps the monthly cartel coin grants for subscribers could be increased substantially? After all, you made a promise to subscribers that we'd be able to get by well with the monthly subscriber cartel coin reward grant, which hasn't been the case in a long time.

First of all, thank-you, Eric, for coming here to tell us what the situation is. I'm truly trying to make this a case of 'don't shoot the messenger,' so if you could make sure the Einstein(s) responsible for this 'pack experiment' reads this, that would be swell:

What the FRAK are you smoking?!

Look, I understand that this is a business first, but seriously? This is right on par with the whole encrypted datacubes 'experiment' from awhile back. I honestly have to wonder if BW/EA's marketing department is either full of lobotomized Ewoks, or, more likely, is solely consisted of a Ouija Board. Maybe the Ouija Board is operated by the lobotomized Ewoks? Yeah, that's seems an apt analogy; the Maker knows what else could be behind their past (and current) reasoning. (Fixing the tooltips at the same time the pack gets embargoed? In what rational, intelligent mind does that even make any sense?)

I, as others have stated, plan on not buying as many CC as I usually do, and I most definitely not be buying hypercrates of packs in the future. It is way easier to run dailies on my many characters and save up the credits to buy the stuff off of the GTN. Sure, it will take me longer that way, but at least I won't have (even more) cargo bays full of unsellable crap items in my search for the 1-3 items per pack I want.

TL;DR - Thanks, Eric, for having the horrible job of telling us how it is. However, this 'experiment' failed miserably (much like the datacubes), and the people responsible for it need to rethink their career choice because they obviously suck at their current one. The only outcome (for me, at least) of this 'experiment' is that I will most definitely be spending less money on CC in the future.

Considering Bioware still has posted in the thread regarding appearance tabs, I won't be buying another cartel pack. It is no longer worth it to waste money on them. I have a lot of stuff in collections, yet I don't use them because there is no appearance tab. I only use legacy gear to "share" my gear across mirror classes (shadow/assassin) and I refuse to partake in the money sink, that is mod swapping, on a routine basis.

Appearance tabs thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=731747

So, this means that I won't be buying multiple hypercrates each time a pack comes out. Instead, I'll do nothing and just live with my legacy gear. Because, whats the point in wasting money on this stuff when there are no appearance tabs? Whats the point in the collections and have to deal with swapping mods around when there is legacy gear, no matter how ugly it is?

No thanks Musco!

Edited by undiess

TL;DR - Thanks, Eric, for having the horrible job of telling us how it is. However, this 'experiment' failed miserably (much like the datacubes), and the people responsible for it need to rethink their career choice because they obviously suck at their current one. The only outcome (for me, at least) of this 'experiment' is that I will most definitely be spending less money on CC in the future.

In fact the producer was the one that came from Warhammer Online... -.-"

Hey folks,

I want to add some clarity around what was wrong, what is intended, and what is being changed. First off, the what is wrong. There was a little confusion around things when we last talked about this issue. It appears that the current rarities in the pack are correct, however, the tooltips and rarity icons for those items are not. Just to reiterate, the rarity of the items that you have been seeing in the packs is correct and is not being changed. What is being changed are the tooltips and rarity icons to make sure that this is accurately represented. Our current target is to get those adjusted in Game Update 2.8.1, it should be noted that the Star Cluster pack also becomes embargoed in that same update.

I apologize for the confusion around this and I hope this clears things up!

TLDR – Rarities and collection costs are right. Item rarity icons and collections tooltip rarity are not and are targeted to be fixed in 2.8.1.

-eric

Ok so the pack is going away in about 10 days. So when do we actually see what the new pack is going to look like? Things like the Rholan Dyre’s Armor Set still have a placeholder image.

Having had some time extra time to ponder all this. It's their game and they have every right to do what they want with it but the way this was handled was very terrible.

If you want to expiriment? That's fine and well but to do so without letting us know is pretty bad.

If the next pack that comes out is the same as this one, I honestly think you're going to lose a lot of money.

I honestly hope our feedback about this isn't ignored...

they are already going to lose a lot of money.

it took them a week and a half to determine that this change was intended..thats a load og bantha droppings.if it takes 10 days to have the dev in charge wake up from his drug induced stupor to say "well ya, thats on purpose" then they have bigger problems than just poor communications. what they did was screw this up, and are now denying that because they dont want to fix it. I am looking forwards to the next pack and dismal sales figures.

Rarities and collection costs are right.

I don't find your explanation at all credible. The only explanation I can see that fits the facts is, you messed up, but a fix would be too difficult and costly, so you're trying to sweep it under the rug.

Well played, BW, well played.

i had re-subbed for a variety of reasons, mostly nostalgia, and had seriously been considering buying a hypercrate instead of my usual policy of buying the very occasional pack and getting most pieces through GTN. Still, this latest pack on top of what i've seen of the upcoming housing has left me a bit dubious. i may have have been a bit premature in my decision to resub.

Easily fixed, i can just cancel again and see how things settle out in 4-6 months. Still, i hope the hardcore fans won't be too put out by this and will stick with the game.