Jaina and Jacen Solo movies?

hoggle

I think it would never happen. Lucas takes very little from the EU. It's a money-maker for him.

And what would make it so special? We certainly don't need any of those ridiculous force powers every author has to dream up in order to out-do a previous book/character just to keep things seemly legit.

I mean, Luke can practically destroy reality with the force now. The lowest and weakest force-sensitive would wipe the floor with what we see Yoda do in the movies.

I liked the story Arc with Jacen and Jaina when Jacen went bad. But it wouldn't translate into a trilogy without waaaaaaaaaaay too much skipped. And again without introducing absolutely stupid force powers.

Plus...does'nt male/female twins ring a little too familiar to Luke and Leia...yah..it does.

Not to mention Lucas shouldn't be allowed to touch anything Star Wars again..good imagination, crap writer and director. There's a reason most fans of the OT like Empire best....

nope. bad idea.

I'm thinking that Lucas will probably be avoiding live action from here on out. He has had way way way too much success with the Clone Wars animated series. He can actually tell the stories he wants and show the wild exotic things he dreams up without all those messy actors, special effects or overwelming costs getting in the way.

As far as Jacen and Jaina? If he were to do anything with them I can't see it being anything much later than the "Young Jedi" early teen period. Which would pretty much wipe out or invalidate any of the later books. Something set not too long past the original Zahn books. And even then it would be a strategically poor topic to film.

All it would bring him would be trouble. Outside of the book readers the twins etc are unknown. So it would have to be early enough where Luke, Han etc are still the main players. And it dances dangerously close to the atrocity that is the Yuuzhan Vong. And if he ever formalizes, clarifies or puts the death of Chewbacca on film in any way the real fans will hunt him down and dismember him. If he does it using another retread of the same bloody evil aliens that we have seen in oh so many SCiFi shows in recent years then they will burn what remains. (yeah sorry fans but the Yuuzhan Vong = the wraith = those dudes from later Earth Final Conflict = those John Travolta L Ron Hubbard aliens = well the list goes on and on. They are just all the same!)

Now I think after Clone Wars ends there is a huge chance we will see a semi continuation of it. An animated version of the originally planned Star Wars Underworld, that occurs between RotS and A New Hope, where we see things like the full rise of the Empire and Vader's Jedi hunt, and the beginning of the rebellion. Maybe even some young Han Solo stories.

And really a friend just talked me into watching the Clone Wars series. I gotta say it is George's best work since Empire. A total reversal from all that was the prequels. He seems to have learned from the prequels. While he puts forth and gives final approval to all stories but he lets others actually execute the show. And wow what a difference it makes. If you can make it past the pilot movie and the big headed animation style you will find some great Star Wars stuff in there.

Sincerely i prefer Anakin Solo, but he died to young. Mr Lucas belived that people might confuse the two Anakin's, so decided that probably one stronguest charaters in SW EU, and some foretold be the future leader of the jedi Order, died before reaching his full potencial.

Anyway, i don't believe we will se any movie or tv series about anything already wrote. If something comes out, it will be completly new and probably in a new time set.

Sincerely i prefer Anakin Solo, but he died to young. Mr Lucas belived that people might confuse the two Anakin's, so decided that probably one stronguest charaters in SW EU, and some foretold be the future leader of the jedi Order, died before reaching his full potencial.

Anyway, i don't believe we will se any movie or tv series about anything already wrote. If something comes out, it will be completly new and probably in a new time set.

Anakin Solo's 'full potential', as originally planned, was to fall to the dark side just like his namesake. All the good stuff he had going for him in NJO was originally slated for Jacen, who would've died a hero, saving the mission. Instead, the storylines were swapped when Lucas said "Uh, don't make Anakin fall to the dark side."

He may have said "it may confuse fans", but he could've also easily said--and been absolutely correct--that "it's a dumb idea." Of course Anakin would have to deal with the fact he's named after his grandpa, who turned to evil and slaughtered hundreds of Jedi and helped bring tyranny to the galaxy. But it's lazy and uninteresting to have him succumb to that doubt and fear. Brush the dark side, sure... but not fall. It'd make him a stronger character to overcome those doubts & fears (both his own and his family's/anyone else who knows the history). And, in a way, that's what they did... but because he also had Jacen's "god of the Force" storyline attached to him, he went out as a blindingly-bright being, saving his team.

Having ANY of the Solo children (or Ben Skywalker) fall to the dark side and/or become a Sith Lord was pretty lazy on Del Rey's part. They had a legacy to live with, of a villainous grandfather but heroic parents. Have 'em grapple with the negative, but do it in a more interesting way than "Oops, he fell to the dark side. He didn't think he would, he thought he could be better than grandpa and what he was doing was right, but he's fallen and he can't get up and he's a monumental threat to the galaxy and Jedi and he may just kill some of his family." Have the true dark side threats come from OUTSIDE the Skywalker clan... then the kids could learn to deal with them and their own internal struggles, like Luke did in the OT.

Another reason I kinda want a reboot of the post-ROTJ EU. Keep Mara, Ben, Jacen, Jaina, Anakin... keep most of the Rogue/Wraith Squadron stuff intact (including Corran and his Jedi family)... but bring up Luke & Mara's wedding (along with the Hand of Thrawn stuff and the peace treaty w/ t he Empire) to soon after the twins are born, so Ben won't be 15 years younger than his cousins. Keep some of the threats, like Thrawn, but have the Empire (read: Pellaeon) face facts a lot sooner, so it's not another decade of fighting the Remnant after Thrawn's failure. Ditch Dark Empire entirely (aside from Boba surviving, maybe...just don't let Traviss near him or Fett'll make every Jedi look like a chump and the Mandalorian language will be second-nature to half the galaxy instead of Huttese). Keep the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin IV, and the eventual resettling of Ossus. Keep the Empire of the Hand, and Baron Fel's involvement in it. Have Luke & Leia find out about their mother A LOT earlier (Artoo would probably be thrilled at the end of ROTJ, finding out that Leia now knows she's Luke's sister, so he wouldn't wait decades to show them or let 'em find old recordings of their parents).

Let the kids--and other heroes of a new generation--take the spotlight (when they're old enough), and KEEP them there. And let the OT heroes do whatever it is they're supposed to do (Leia as Chancellor, Luke as Grand Master Jedi, Han constantly looking for ways to avoid state functions and probably off gallivanting around with Chewie in the Falcon, checking out Lando's latest enterprises), quietly, in the background. Not in the thick of things ALL the time. And no Solos/Skywalkers falling to the dark side! It'd be better off if Cade Skywalker, over a century later, was the first one to truly be in danger of falling. (I wouldn't mind keeping Cade and much of LEGACY, just not the Maul-tattoo 'uniform' of most of the Sith)

I'm thinking that Lucas will probably be avoiding live action from here on out. He has had way way way too much success with the Clone Wars animated series. He can actually tell the stories he wants and show the wild exotic things he dreams up without all those messy actors, special effects or overwelming costs getting in the way.

As far as Jacen and Jaina? If he were to do anything with them I can't see it being anything much later than the "Young Jedi" early teen period. Which would pretty much wipe out or invalidate any of the later books. Something set not too long past the original Zahn books. And even then it would be a strategically poor topic to film.

Now I think after Clone Wars ends there is a huge chance we will see a semi continuation of it...

And really a friend just talked me into watching the Clone Wars series. I gotta say it is George's best work since Empire. A total reversal from all that was the prequels. He seems to have learned from the prequels. While he puts forth and gives final approval to all stories but he lets others actually execute the show. And wow what a difference it makes. If you can make it past the pilot movie and the big headed animation style you will find some great Star Wars stuff in there.

I have one issue with the clone wars series. If you look at my sig, you can tell why. I mean, first you destroy the cannon of the Republic Commandos series which gave a compelling glimpse into the world of soldiers of a slave army as well as the best descriptions of Mandalorian culture! Karen Travis even translated parts of the freaking language Mando'a. Other than that I don't mind the animated series that much.

As for a movie for the twins... I'd say not. To much back story to fill in for people who missed the old stuff. I'd love to see it but it probably won't happen, sorry.