New Content Next Month

irishtim

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Pardon me if I'm raining on someone's parade but I dont consider the roller coaster ride with guns called "Space Combat" to be game content. While a new Warzone would be nice, how about doing something with the Illum Warzone, which is dead, like we've been hearing empty promises about for months? And how about dual spec? Or is that another empty promise?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to recruit mk 2 - please, don't put out another ugly locked suit, just allow us to create or buy pvp-armor mods.

It's quite unsatisfying, to say the least, to be forced into wearing ugly armor as soon as you hit 50, after having had your favorite look for until then.

1 month? omg biowae is so slow wow gets new content every year and swtor alst content patch was liek 4 years ago biowae u break all ur official promises. /cry /unsub

I'm not positive but Immodium AD may work for your oral diarrhea.

"I talked to David Hunt (Systems Designer), and he shed some light upcoming gear. He said that (for PvE), Terror from Beyond's Hard Mode will include a new set of gear that is a sub-tier of the larger tier that started with Campaign gear. It will also have non-slot restricted armornings. Nightmare Explosive Conflict will speed up the acquisition of the new set and provides new challenges for Operation groups.

For PvP, new mainhand and offhand items will become available from the PvP vendors when Terror from Beyond is released. These will be included so PvP players don't feel the need to get the hilts and barrels from PvE items to get the highest weapon damage in some cases. The rest of the set will release when Ancient Hypergates becomes available. We also have plans to release a new Recruit MK-2 set."

Just some more info that Allison had posted about this in another thread.

Edited by PUMA

My guess is that as new sets get released, older sets will make its way to the cash shop. They can justify it by saying its an easier way for new people to not be so far behind. They can say its not p2w because it isnt cutting edge.....and the best part is they dont have to do any extra work to get extra money from it because its already developed. Im sure it will happen for both PVE and PVP.

ROLF why would anyone pay additional money for hand-me-downs? Campaign gear is so ugly as it is, you need to PAY people to wear them.

Sw:tor has by far been the most disappointing game next to warhammer. A game that lacked content from the very beginning is now struggling to keep it's remaining subscribers with GW2 around the corner. For a new game to be successful you need the following:

a) Strong beta turnout (Decent)

b) A strong launch (this game had the best launch in mmo history)

c) Provide critical updates within the first few months to keep players involved. (this is what sw:tor developers failed to do)

THe PvPers of this game left when ilum turned into a disaster as the population imbalance favored the zerging faction.

The PvErs of this game mostly left after the ridiculously easy PvE content and the pathetic nurfs that they had to endure due to balancing for PvP.

Its ok, you can release your "content updates" as 9 months into the game this game is still lacking:

a) Combat log

b) Paid Character transfers

c) Sustainable population numbers for PvP (ranked and unranked)

d) Developers who have any clue on how to keep their subscriber base happy.

c) A terrible gaming engine with obvious flaws including bugs from release still not resolved.

Bioware used to be a great company, I always looked foward to to games released by bioware. Dragon Age I was magnificent. And then Bioware got bought out by EA games and look at the quality of games since. Dragon age II was the biggest disappointment as much of the games released recently by bioware. Your hard work will mean nothing as there will be other companies who will do everything you do but better. Take Bethesda Game Studios for an example. Always releasing critically acclaimed games, (much like blizzard did back in the day) and in the process of releasing an MMO with tri-faction game-play (brings nostalgia just thinking about it).

I should have simply known how bad this game would have been by how poor DA:II was. Elder scrolls MMO will be the next game to play, after skyrim who wouldn't want to atleast test that game out?. How many subscriptions will SW:tor have left when that game gets released. How many more MMOs releases will swtor survive?

Honestly clothing, tirs, and stuff, etc are not considered as "content" for me, but a way to make you enjoy ur game more pleasantly… to enjoy the content (lol). The story is really beautiful, I just become 50 last night, so there is some things I can still enjoy... Havent played even the half Op and fps and haven’t tried yet the 8 man heroics… Also from my little experience, my jedi consular have diferent quests from my jedi knight! So I experience different stories and content.. I also need to try other races to...

I would suggest them to focus in extra story content, not necessarily in op and fp... some people here already wrote about companion stories and true missions, not just talking but like mass effect missions, I already suggested a stadium with speed racing carts, but we will be able to race, after we ding 50, gather the mats from spaceship graveyards, etc, built our speed racers modify them and race in crazy shapes and speeds!

For companions: missions to get their own tir’s (armor), take part in their stories, more romance, recruit more companions but not as a story line but hirelings instead, with dynamic quests… The game has potential, but from my understanding, it lucks in creativity or developers mood? What about dyscovering new planets and reside.. as a group of republics or syths, or as a guild.. lol.. war between us..etc

The game already got spaceship factories, spaceship graveyards, lots of land, they can use them wisely and achieve great things with professions, built our own space stations as a guild or druids and spaceship as an individual... World events, space missions vs players, etc

Why you dont give your personal ideas, but you quit instead... *because of the 14 euro? Here is another matter they have to consider maybe.. a small price reduction of the monthly sub.

Everybody speaks about wow clones.... well if u dont fancy wow clones, just tell them what u want! As I do... Hopefully they listen.. I love space mmos, I wish world of warcraft was starcraft mmo instead 8 years ago.. I preffer them because they are more original, hopefully bioware and others, will find new ways and innovations, escape from the "wow cloning" habits..

ps: I quited wow, because it was so greedy, so boring.. all the land was empty, everybody stands in epic vendors and pvp npcs like zombies... I couldn’t play, so I dont want wow cloning ideas, i am standing away from wow cloning ideas... World of warcraft was magical before they bring BG's into the game... after that, everything lost... the areas got empty, the world pvp zeroed.. all the fun was lost years ago... now for me wow is unplayable.. Even if we spend time farming, there is not point!

I love farming, creating stuff and questing.. but if they give them free as an attraction with vendors, there is no point.

Edited by Oyranos

A lot of the people asking for story updates I don't think will see them until an expansion. Out of curiousity- the people asking for story updates- should have at least 3 level 50 characters. Why? Each story is different.

Am I into the story? No. How many Level 50s do I have? 2. 1 for PvE and 1 for PvP. I'm thinking about making a third because it is so easy to hit 50 in this game- and I usually am a tank(this time went the DPS route).

If you are asking for MORE story but have not maxed out all the classes and experienced each story- then what are you really complaining about? Each story is unique. Sage and Sentinel(the 2 50s) I had maxed were nothing alike. So unless you completed every single story- you can't complain for lack of story missions because 1 or 2 level 50s means you've only experienced less than 20% of the story content in the game(light side, dark side, classes, companions, also 100% completion on all characters). Also by the sounds of it most of the people asking for more story barely have 1 or 2 lvl 50 chars. Problem with adding story content is it's not easy. You have to write it, then get the voice overs, not to mention all the coding and other technical work that goes into it.

The people who want more PvE and PvP content have had nothing to different to do for months! If there wasn't a new operation in September I would 100% not be an active subscriber going into the month of September.

If I was heavily into pvp, open world pvp, enjoyed sieging forts, or playing anything like battlegrounds I would have quit this game in 1-2 months guaranteed. Just not enough of any of that for fans of PvP in mmorpgs. And this last statement I'm making- is just so glaring, and obvious. Didn't someone in the company realize you would save millions of dollars in subscriptions if you had kept this part of the game more up to date?

ROLF why would anyone pay additional money for hand-me-downs? Campaign gear is so ugly as it is, you need to PAY people to wear them.

Same reason people pay real money for gold, vanity pets, shell gear, xp potions... etc.

A lot of the people asking for story updates I don't think will see them until an expansion. Out of curiousity- the people asking for story updates- should have at least 3 level 50 characters. Why? Each story is different.

Am I into the story? No. How many Level 50s do I have? 2. 1 for PvE and 1 for PvP. I'm thinking about making a third because it is so easy to hit 50 in this game- and I usually am a tank(this time went the DPS route).

If you are asking for MORE story but have not maxed out all the classes and experienced each story- then what are you really complaining about? Each story is unique. Sage and Sentinel(the 2 50s) I had maxed were nothing alike. So unless you completed every single story- you can't complain for lack of story missions because 1 or 2 level 50s means you've only experienced less than 20% of the story content in the game(light side, dark side, classes, companions, also 100% completion on all characters). Also by the sounds of it most of the people asking for more story barely have 1 or 2 lvl 50 chars. Problem with adding story content is it's not easy. You have to write it, then get the voice overs, not to mention all the coding and other technical work that goes into it.

The people who want more PvE and PvP content have had nothing to different to do for months! If there wasn't a new operation in September I would 100% not be an active subscriber going into the month of September.

If I was heavily into pvp, open world pvp, enjoyed sieging forts, or playing anything like battlegrounds I would have quit this game in 1-2 months guaranteed. Just not enough of any of that for fans of PvP in mmorpgs. And this last statement I'm making- is just so glaring, and obvious. Didn't someone in the company realize you would save millions of dollars in subscriptions if you had kept this part of the game more up to date?

Hate to break it to you but if you took each class story and placed them on the table.. you would be done with each class story in a day... all the other stuff set around it.. the planet rail runs, the datacron hunt (sorry I mean SWTOR-SPY race) and my personal favorite - the kill 10, kill 20, kill40 side quests ... they are all the same over and over and over. Throw in a couple of repetitive flashpoints and weee there ya go.. lvl 50 on a plate.

So yes stories are good, I wholeheartedly agree that Bioware did something of worth in the game... but please taking story lines for each class aside.. the game is old in under a week until you reach lvl50... and then there is no story, just gear grind in a few ops/raids that after the 5th or 6th run, also loose there appeal.

Of course we can all shout hooray 1.3 is here.. boooo a Group Finder, server transfer service... not really much of an update there, especially to your story, nor 1.2.... so 1.4 beckons now and already it looks like its being cut to pieces to accomadate the new 6 weekly turn round.. sure they will hit the first few cos they have been working on 1.4 for an age already.. slicing it into little pices to throw a piece at us every 6 weeks is hardly earthshattering accomplishments... but lets hope there is some meat on the story bone with it all cos otherwise I fear even that small gem they brought to the game will quickly start to loose its shiny surface.. if it has'nt already.

Bottom line, whatever they are gunna do they need to start doing it very soon cos the choices outside of SWTOR for players are getting bigger each month that goes by now.. :(

Edited by Bloodstealer

So I see Star Wars is dead until the f2p patch comes, guess that's why they're making it f2p. GW2 has now stolen everyone from the servers.

Please, tell me where you have gotten that information from, i am still playing so i guess not everyone has gone to the WOW & SWTOR Killer that is GW2.

Edited by Reble-Dog-Squad

There were 20 people on today on the imperial fleet. Must be dead...

What server is that :o that kinda sucks big-time. According to the server status Tomb is no longer one of the busiest, I guess half the PvP crowd left. But we still had 300+ on Imp fleet at 400+ on Republic.

There were 20 people on today on the imperial fleet. Must be dead...

My server is good, 300-350 at day time and 30-80 at midnight till moring, at the republic fleet... areas vary.. Ive noticed that when an instanse (specific area) have 250+ people, we experience lag spikes... But my server is well poppulated... I am in the " Tomb Naad PVP" ...

• 2 weeks later...
Personally I'm disappointed with the same look of the tier gear, Some people work there ***'s off to complete the current PVE OP content and there reward is to get the same gear that looks the same just in a different color? If they mean it as the same Tier just better stats then drop the armoring's. Reason being ATM it is stupid we grind are ***'s off in the OPS only to get gear that looks to same and having to pay out are rears to swap mods so we can have the the gear we semi like the look of which isn't a great deal of choice. IMHO Rant over.

Hey everyone, just to be clear on what was said during the presentation - Terror from Beyond, a new Operation, is on its way next month, and we have more content updates coming after it, including the new Warzone and Space Combat Missions. We have lots of exciting new content coming!

Space combat....missions. Well, that doesn't sound very promising.

I sincerely hope they have not YET AGAIN wasted development funds on the current system in place by just adding more missions. The only thing they could probably do that would be worse than that is to remove the feature all together. It's one of the most underwhelming features in this game IMO.

If they did, in fact, just add more missions that just provides more proof that they completely ignore player desires.

Personally I'm disappointed with the same look of the tier gear, Some people work there ***'s off to complete the current PVE OP content and there reward is to get the same gear that looks the same just in a different color? If they mean it as the same Tier just better stats then drop the armoring's. Reason being ATM it is stupid we grind are ***'s off in the OPS only to get gear that looks to same and having to pay out are rears to swap mods so we can have the the gear we semi like the look of which isn't a great deal of choice. IMHO Rant over.

I hate when i become the cap level and I have to forget my solo currier... They follow exactly what world of warcraft did... Pyramid style, zionist thing..

if we dont do daily’s all over again, if we dont get tokens (not gaming, but tokens), if we dont find guild.. game is over, because its a greedy pyramid style of gaming, with a specific set of items sold with tokens by vendors, no crafting, no end game fun, nothing.. And if we dont do this SPECIFIC things, others who do that, become overpowered, so there is no point to play pvp for fun, pve for fun, nothing... I found a very friendly guild, good people but.. its the same things I ve experienced all this years, we cant do anything alone, or as a group, we cant do something different!.. There is no point!! All the same thing!!! tokens armor and get to final instanse.. nothing else.

Bioware should reconsider different style of play, better crafting, better economy, new things to do without charities (tokens)... I mean... I become 400 armortech just for 1 wrist, the rakata one!!! All the rest is craps, i have to remove it now and find something else.. if I ever do that. Tokens and repeatable quests for tokens and after many days we get an item, its not an option, warzones fp’s and ops it shouldnt be the only option!.. its a zombie system and thats so wrong. (this does not reflect only in swtor, but also many other mmos, there is some that differ though).

Forget about pyramid style of gaming.. I dont like progress like that. MMO is a game that multiple players can coexist in a specific world and built a community. Each community have different kind of characters, lonely ones, solo, social ones, anti social ones, heroes, criminals, ordinary, unordinary, bizarre ones... You force gamers to play one style of gaming that only few thousands or hundreds of thousands may like.. But surely not even a million could stand that..

I hope developers read this things and reconsider this things.. Even if the founders love this system, just quit them and find others.. lol

An example, the system that most mmos work with, is just a single pyramid.. I would suggest something more interesting... A huge pyramid that represents the community, but inside this pyramid, there is dozen of others like a puzzle pyramids, all of them connected, but its one can coexist indevidually, and all of them are a part of the huge pyramid.. The community... Because you must never forget that the pyramid thing, is not just a small number of players who reech the top, the best ones the chosen ones... but the whole number of gamers who coexist inside it.. thats the difference and thats what you must understand, to make it work perfectly for everybody and for a long time.. I speak about pyramids because thats how i feel it... So you should add different style of plays equal between them in progress, some of them harder to achieve, some of them easier, etc.. but all equal to each other, some different characteristics and benefits to differ but all of them strong systems, so they can co-exist.. so everybody will be able to choose his own path inside it. And imagine a system in a game that gives you that... All players could have totally different style of plays and re-roll anytime they want, to something different, with different benefits.

ps: you may even reconsider in your feature expansions, a harder way to level up, so it can keep us up!!

It should be several different style of plays with equal ways of progress (in armor sets), and things that should keep our interest up... eg wars, deplomacy.. aliances, etc.. An endless balanced system...

an example, the system could split in many different parts. Good syths, bad syths.. good republics and bad republics... with a judge system, so if I am a freak or a criminal, I wouldnt be able to travel in republic fleet as a republic, because I am most wanted.. But I have a rock to rely on, with others and live with stealing and killing, robbing, black market... But this needs a dynamic thing of questing and missions and a true economy system, that can allow different style of getting money.

others may like creating things, building things, crafting, so they can have their own rock to rely on, and we visit this players to purchase unique stuff and thats how they live and progress (they can also split in good creators and bad creators, dangerous stuff)... other may like raids in instanses with guilds.. its so many things... Its never to late.. you can always add adition into a game and starwars have the potential for it.

Edited by Oyranos

Space combat is "exciting new content"? Pardon me while I yawn...

Can you tell us where the Cathar release falls on the spectrum? I'm incredably anxious to begin a new healer to add to my guild's PVE, but I'm holding off for the cathar. It's a source of friction and frustration that I don't know when I'll be able to create my character.

Dear Allison,

Its good that you take the trouble to clear this up so that people don't misunderstand and rage that only Terror from Beyond is coming.

That said. PLEASE stop with false promises like we have lots of new exciting content coming!. I get that you are just doing your job and are trying your level best to engage with the community while slipping in the oh-so-familiar marketing phrases you are probably required to do by your employers...

However just open your eyes and take a look at just how jaded, disillusioned, disappointed and downright fed-up a large majority of the playerbase is. We are sick and tired of all the marketing gimmicks and catch phrases that amount to very little in the end.

Please stop with the "exciting" and "coming soon" and what not. Just please take a look at this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=531345

This game takes ages to release miniscule amounts of lackluster content - and people stopped being fooled by the marketing gimmicks a long time ago...