Annihilation / Watchman

Annihilation / Watchman is arguably one of the most challenging Specs in the game, but also the least enjoyable. It suffers from very short up times after DOT's have been applied and an incredibly long build up time to do any considerable damage compared to other DOT Specs in-game. The Spec lacks any real Burst, Force Rend / Force Melt needs to apply a Debuff such as an Armor Reduction, and Deadly Saber/ Overload Saber needs to be a passive. It's a waste of a GCD to apply it after its damage is minimal and its up-time is so short.

Could also use another attack or two if you ask me. Too few attacks so you spend a lot of time spamming base attack. However, not much of an issue keeping energy up unlike the other 2 specs which is why I find annihilation easier to use.

Deadly saber is "a waste of a GCD to apply it after its damage is minimal and its up-time is so short."? It's literally the biggest chunk of Annihilation's damage. Slightly over 20% judging from parsely parses. I'm also not sure what you mean with "a waste of a GCD to apply", the ability itself is off the global cooldown, so you're not wasting a GCD on using it, unless you're just waiting a global cooldown for no reason after using it. And the effect applied to enemies happens as you use your melee attacks which you're going to be using anyway, so there's really no time being wasted anywhere in the ability.

Honestly I wouldn't mind some changes to Annihilation, I personally really miss the old 6 second cooldown Annihilate and long cooldown Rupture with a chance of cooldown reset. But honestly making Deadly Saber a passive just seems insane to me.

Annihilation / Watchman is arguably one of the most challenging Specs in the game, but also the least enjoyable. It suffers from very short up times after DOT's have been applied and an incredibly long build up time to do any considerable damage compared to other DOT Specs in-game. The Spec lacks any real Burst, Force Rend / Force Melt needs to apply a Debuff such as an Armor Reduction, and Deadly Saber/ Overload Saber needs to be a passive. It's a waste of a GCD to apply it after its damage is minimal and its up-time is so short.

What? I haven't played Watchman much since 5.0, but Overload saber isn't on the GCD, iirc. So use it at will. Secondly, it refreshes each time you apply a stack, so the key is to use force melt before applying the 3rd stack to maximize uptime of overload saber. I think this is a L2P issue as I find Watchman to be easier than Combat.

PS - it takes time to build up 6 stacks, so this spec doesn't get ramped up until late -- and by then, most things are already dead. But that's what makes it great for long boss fights.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

not sure if serious or just bait :D

Personally I would like this spec to have a couple of different big hitters like Saber Overload and all have long cool downs but could keep in rotation so when your other abilities are down and you get your energy back up when abilites come around you can just every 15 to 30 seconds(give or take) have a really big spike damage hit.

So annihilation is more big hit spike damage with meh sustained where as the other two is more about constant dps or combo burst.

Makes different flavors.

My 2 credits.

Annihilation is fine as is. It's not supposed to have burst. It's meant to be a pure sustained spec. Also Deadly Saber does not do "minimal damage." It deals quite a high amount, and is responsible for roughly 20.5% of the spec's damage. It's also off the GCD. Also, regarding your comment about it not "doing any considerable damage compared to other DoT specs in game," this is false. Very few specs outdamage Annihilation.

Personally I would like this spec to have a couple of different big hitters like Saber Overload and all have long cool downs but could keep in rotation so when your other abilities are down and you get your energy back up when abilites come around you can just every 15 to 30 seconds(give or take) have a really big spike damage hit.

So annihilation is more big hit spike damage with meh sustained where as the other two is more about constant dps or combo burst.

Makes different flavors.

My 2 credits.

Marauders already have 2 specs that deal considerable burst damage. Annihilation doesn't need to be changed.

I really hope this is a troll thread. Opinions aside (liking or not liking the spec) a lot of stuff said in this thread is false. Short DoT uptime means better target swapping than most dot spec, so in a sense less build-up. This is not a burst spec so it's ok to not have real burst. As has been said overload is off the GCD.

Could also use another attack or two if you ask me. Too few attacks so you spend a lot of time spamming base attack. However, not much of an issue keeping energy up unlike the other 2 specs which is why I find annihilation easier to use.

What? Annihilation is one of the specs that use the most different abilities in this game in its core rotation. Base attack has a very light use.

Once again you make me think you don't know what annihilation is. Saber overload is not a big hitter, it's a dot (pretty good dot but still not a big hitter). Also this description you made of what you want annihilation to be is exactly what carnage/combat is. Anni is a sustained spec.

I really hope this is a troll thread. Opinions aside (liking or not liking the spec) a lot of stuff said in this thread is false. Short DoT uptime means better target swapping than most dot spec, so in a sense less build-up. This is not a burst spec so it's ok to not have real burst. As has been said overload is off the GCD.

What? Annihilation is one of the specs that use the most different abilities in this game in its core rotation. Base attack has a very light use.

Once again you make me think you don't know what annihilation is. Saber overload is not a big hitter, it's a dot (pretty good dot but still not a big hitter). Also this description you made of what you want annihilation to be is exactly what carnage/combat is. Anni is a sustained spec.

Mmm maybe. I guess you're right. But I end up with so much energy up all the time and no movies many times to use it with unless I spam vicious slash.

And are you sure on the abilities. Cause here's how I usually roll with my Marauder(btw this is not my main but I have one of each class. Since I have a marauded opposite side is a guardian etc)

Start with dual saber throw, force charge, deadly saber, rupture, force rend, battering assault, annihilate, force scream.

By that point rupture and rend are back up but a lot of the rest are not. Many times I'll have full rage and nothing but vicious slash and rupture to use for a good while till the rest come off cool down.

Which is the problem I have. Plenty of rage, almost nothing to use it on many times.

If you got a better rotation I'm all ears.

Mmm maybe. I guess you're right. But I end up with so much energy up all the time and no movies many times to use it with unless I spam vicious slash.

And are you sure on the abilities. Cause here's how I usually roll with my Marauder(btw this is not my main but I have one of each class. Since I have a marauded opposite side is a guardian etc)

Start with dual saber throw, force charge, deadly saber, rupture, force rend, battering assault, annihilate, force scream.

By that point rupture and rend are back up but a lot of the rest are not. Many times I'll have full rage and nothing but vicious slash and rupture to use for a good while till the rest come off cool down.

Which is the problem I have. Plenty of rage, almost nothing to use it on many times.

Vicious Slash is supposed to be general filler. Almost every spec has a general filler ability they use when there's nothing else. For example, Carnage Mara has Massacre, Lightning Sorc has Lightning Bolt. Also, that rotation is wrong. Dual Saber Throw should only be used with Mind Sear proc, and for the general rotation, I'd refer to Beastfury's guide, or any Anni guide. Also, if you think Anni doesn't use enough abilities, please keep in mind that Carnage uses even fewer, as does Lightning.

Quick comments: use ravage, wait for proc to use twin saber throw, vicious slash usage is ok

More complex comment: Do you mean for a boss fight? Cause the thing you showed is not a rotation, more of a quick priority on what you prefer using. Not sure if you want something for story stuff/heroics/trash killing (less than 1min), which is what your rotation is, or if you want a good rotation for FP/Ops boss fights (1min+).

If you want trash killing and short fights, then no, annihilation is not the best (though the DoT spread is very nice), and probably not the most fun (I still enjoy it for random questing). Something like: Charge + deadly, battering, annihilate, rend, rupture, dual saber ( if procced), ravage, slash (rest depends on how many stacks you have entering the fight).

If you want a longer fight one lmk, I can share what I use even though I'm not the best mara around, but it's a bit more complicated and since I have 0 idea what type of player you are don't want to type it for nothing.

Edited by Eloi_BG