HM Flashpoints become too easy!?

After the second day of the released of Patch1.3, I decided to try on some HM Flashpoints using the Group Finder. Within seconds, I was pulled into Maelstrom Prison. I switches to my full Columi Gear Stalker set (no Augments add-on) and ready to roll.

I have no idea how ridiculously easy this Flashpoint had became! My group burned though everything from Normal to Champion Bosses (including bonus) without 10min~15min or so. And, no death. I quickly check their gears: partial Tionese/Columi gears. I was shock. This is ridiculously easy!

After I completed my HM, I shared my thoughts with other guild members who had also complete their HM Flashpoints (Directive 7). They were also feeling that the difficulty of the HM has reduced to the point like an elaborate [HEROIC 4].

I welcome anyone to share their thoughts below & please bump this up so the generous people at BioWare can see this thread as well. Thank you.

They have removed some mobs in FPs, which allow people to finish them quicker. Anyone with Tionese gear can beat the bosses before the patch, after the patch is no different.

Players in general are most experienced. They don't make rookie mistakes like 'hit the CCed mob' or 'run out of force/energy/overheat' anymore.

I mostly play PvP instead of PvE. My guild mates began to ask me to do more DPS on their HM runs. In the beginning when I only have few Columi gears (around 3 weeks ago), I found all HMs quite challenging (never try Lost Island, so not going to comment that). But just after 1.3 launched, it's not just the amount of mobs decrease. Champion Bosses are just...squishy? I mean that I remembered with a familiar group of people, we were dying on Bosses like Ironfist. Now even with a completely unfamiliar composition of people, Colonel Daksh (Maelstrom Prison laser eyes of death!) went down like a... tired obese Cyborg!

Now days this is probably accurate. Majority of players are in full rakata which just makes everything up to EC laughably easy. Assuming the group is using the correct specs/rotations and what have you. Ive come across a few derpderps that were just clueless >.<

So back to the topic here: do you believe that HM Flashpoints become too easy that should be make it more difficult? I have 8 other lower level alts (close to 50) that I want to face some challenges besides PvPs.

It depends what kind of players HM Flashpoints are for. I remember that BW devs said that HM flashpoints are for fresh 50s, so if that's the case I do agree that certain encounters before the patch were overtuned for fresh 50s in daily gear/ blue gear. (like the guy in Battle of Ilum before 1.2... you know who I am talking about). Reducing number of trash mobs is nice as well. Flashpoints like False Emperor have so much trash that I feel like falling asleep at my keyboard.

However, HM Flashpoints will be too easy for players in tionese/columi, and I do wish for nightmare mode flashpoints for more geared players. More unforgiving mechanics, tighter enrage, but with few trash mobs and 3/4 bosses. Something challenging and yet shorter than operations. Kill **** and go home. It will be a different mode of play from explosive conflict.

I would have to say yes. I feel that they are too easy. One solution would be adding Nightmare mode.

Nightmare's gonna come in the next cap raise or the expansion after that. You probably want NM FPs to be 65 or 70. So then you can start another crop thereafter.

even before they add that I hope that add more Tier 2s. Lost island can be pretty challenging depending on your group comp. If they brought all the flashpoints to be on par with that i think they would be more fun.

You could always buy yourself some greens and equip that instead of rakata.

The fact is dungeons aren't considered content anymore. They are hallways that you try and run to the end of as fast as possible. I've done 3 HMs since the patch (if you are full columi or greater why do more than than one a day?). The first day it was all people who had never seen the dungeon before and it was significantly more enjoyable than the next two with the "uber raiders." In those we had people getting berated for not spacebarring convos and skipping as many of the mobs as possible including a boss.

If someone wanted to do a bonus boss well they would probably have been Vote Kicked.

That's the mentality that's the problem... these "veterans" get pissy if the FP takes more than 30 minutes. Now imagine the whines if we had actually wiped on something. So before you come on here yelling about how "Bioware is catering to babies!" think how much moaning you'd do if all the FPs were really as hard (and long) as Lost Island. FPs are basically for new people and people who see it as a chore to be done so they can get phat loot to AFK on their mounts.. Neither of them really wants to wipe 10x on the first boss.

Edited by Thorvath

As several others have said, the HM FPs are "easy" because we're mostly in Rakata gear, we've done them all many times before & we're used to harder content (Ops & HM Ops). Three guildies & myself breezed through HM False Emperor with everyone but me in full Rakata (I was trying to gear up a new lvl 50, so I had some daily gear). I don't think they're too easy for what they're supposed to be for though.

It's a nice way to play through some of the older content that I've not seen in a while though. :)