Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

CourtneyWoods

Wahhhhhhhh. I might have to play more than just the content I want to play. Wahhhhhhhhh. They're going to make me do something I personally find unpleasant so that I can do 100% of the pve content. Wahhhhhhh. I can't just do 99% of the pve content and be happy. Wahhhhhhhh. Only my opinion matters, and everyone else is just out to make me feel bad. Wahhhhhhh. Someone thinks that my disregard for their enjoyment of the game is wrong. Wahhhhhhhh. I don't like the vision of the team that created the game so I'm going to cry about it on the forum so that others like me that didn't design the game can agree with me that our opinion is the only one that matters. Wahhhhhh.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wahhhhhhhh. I might have to play more than just the content I want to play. Wahhhhhhhhh. They're going to make me do something I personally find unpleasant so that I can do 100% of the pve content. Wahhhhhhh. I can't just do 99% of the pve content and be happy. Wahhhhhhhh. Only my opinion matters, and everyone else is just out to make me feel bad. Wahhhhhhh. Someone thinks that my disregard for their enjoyment of the game is wrong. Wahhhhhhhh. I don't like the vision of the team that created the game so I'm going to cry about it on the forum so that others like me that didn't design the game can agree with me that our opinion is the only one that matters. Wahhhhhh.

Oh dear. You do have issues don't you...

I'm not a PvPer, I never said I was. I just said I wasn't scared to do all of the content in a game, rather than just pick and choose the bits and pieces that don't tax me too much.

Also, your tears are in fact not very delicious, have you been getting enough iron?

Don't find it interesting = scared.

Obviously thanks for that insight into your thought process there. If they introduce PvP that isn't as much of a gear grind as their PvE endgame and actually has meaningful consequences rather than respawning at a medical centre then maybe I'd find it more interesting.

As it is I'll just skip any content that requires PvP which reduces the number of people willing to do thus giving EA more excuse to focus on the CM. A great victory all round really isn't it?

People are not forced to "PvP to get PvE rewards", they are offered the chance to play the game to get game rewards. If this event isn't for their tastes then they simply leave it be and hope the next one is.

I'm sure the tokens will be traded just like in all the other events, so if people are so dead set against entering a PvP zone but must have the items from it, just run dailies and buy the tokens for the stuff you want.

P.S. that's not aimed at Darthgroond, just his quoted phrase seems to be something which is a common view among the people complaining here.

I'm more than happy to pass on the extra stuff if it does not suit my playstyle. I'm willing to accept that there's more than just 'my way' of playing the game, which is strictly PvE. There's plenty of stuff (in my opinion) for us PvE players to be getting on with, especially compared to those who enjoy their player versus player experiences. It's good that they're adding more stuff for them. Long overdue really and I think people need to understand that. They're getting the short straw when it comes to this game, with minimal Warzones, limited PvP game types and a lack of PvP-centric updates, and that's not taking into account how long it's taking them to find a mildly acceptable balance between the classes. Personally, I think this update will be good for the game, as long as they follow it up with some class balancing, otherwise I can see it creating a whole load more (understandable) whine.

Edited by darthgroond

The problem with your angle is, it's a whole new system they're introducing which is being withheld from those who don't like pvp.

It'd be fine if they just had some content, I mean who would care if it was just a matter of a handful of quests...but excluding people from a whole system (reputation system)? That's too much content to hog.

Do you understand yet?

They are going to have to (if they haven't already put this in place) add access to this system in non-pvp areas.

By 'whole new system' you mean one reputation faction of at least four * per factionthat will be introduced possibly requiring some element of PvP interaction. I understand the issue here perfectly well, a) People hate getting content that doesn't interest them personally and b) People haven't read the details of the release if they think ALL factions will involve PvP. Only Ilum is mentioned and only in relation to the Gree faction.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8949/pvpforced.jpg

Sorry, could not resist to make this after reading that :jawa_biggrin:

Also, everybody, quit your whining, as we do not know anything about what will be there

Nice.:)

*See here.

Edited by LadyDrusilla

This sounds like it will be a Wintergrasp type event on the western side of Illum. It will be a disaster, the lag will be unbearable when you get a couple hundred players all stuffed in that area trying to fight each other. Sounds like it could be a fun event for the pvp crowd, too bad the game engine can't handle mass pvp.

I wonder if the Galactic Reputation System will be retroactive

I honestly hope so, because it would be a pain in the *** to gain reputation for those who have multiple higher level alts, which many people actually do have.

Looking forward to the update nevertheless.

I just want to hack of that things arms. Light-sabers aren't as fun if you can't hack stuff off with them. Well it wouldn't really be hacking it would be more like one clean swipe. Please Bioware make this happen. I will give you all my Starwars gummy treats.

I just want to hack of that things arms. Light-sabers aren't as fun if you can't hack stuff off with them. Well it wouldn't really be hacking it would be more like one clean swipe. Please Bioware make this happen. I will give you all my Starwars gummy treats.

I see what you mean, but think about the gameplay. Swtor battles take longer then most normal games and imagine fighting a guy and every time you hit him it cut somthing off... youd end up with a pile of imperial soilder. If you want to hack arms off go buy The Force Unleashed.

While I think this update looks fun and interesting, I can't help but think it's a bit funny that this Reputation system will be legacy wide, even though to me it would make more sense for each individual character to have to build up their own reputation. However, things like datacrons should be made legacy wide, and they sadly aren't.

While I think this update looks fun and interesting, I can't help but think it's a bit funny that this Reputation system will be legacy wide, even though to me it would make more sense for each individual character to have to build up their own reputation. However, things like datacrons should be made legacy wide, and they sadly aren't.

Well, I don't know, but it sort of works like that in real world. If you meet some rich-looking American named Gates, you will probably wonder and ask him if he is related to Bill Gates (stupid example, but the only one I could think of). Also it works like that even in SW Expanded Universe - everyone knows who the Skywalker family is, and they respect them a lot just based on the name (even before they proved themselves to be as capable as their ancestors)

Also, Legacy datacrons are bad idea with no logical sense (unlike the Reputation, as stated in my example). They should not be made Legacy, as it has been argued in many topics in Suggestion Box, so I will not argue about that in here.

Now those that are on a PVE server, and it forces you to be flagged for PVP then I understand that will be frustrating, however you're in luck. This is an MMO it is very easy to get into ops groups and be protected. Problem solved, if its truly such a big deal that you unsub than this progressive game isn't for you. Being that a new event that wont hurt you or hinder you causes enough frustration for you to unsub...

See this is the issue with this crowd, the western shelf in Ilum was always a contested pvp area for 50's. I do not understand why people are complaining about the revamp of something that is still there right now. Every person complaining about the western shelf flagging you for pvp need to go there right now in there server. That is what the area was always for. We lost ilum around febuary I think, and we have always stated we want it back. I do not see why people are calling this a pve themed update.

On the pve side, you are sent to ilum for the Battle of Ilum and False Emperor flashpoints. The pvp players used to be sent there at around 47 if I remember, to check out the pvp area. I know it has been a year since we had a reason to be there but it is still a pvp area and I still collect my Valor Boost from the contested area.

See this is the issue with this crowd, the western shelf in Ilum was always a contested pvp area for 50's. I do not understand why people are complaining about the revamp of something that is still there right now. Every person complaining about the western shelf flagging you for pvp need to go there right now in there server. That is what the area was always for. We lost ilum around febuary I think, and we have always stated we want it back. I do not see why people are calling this a pve themed update.

On the pve side, you are sent to ilum for the Battle of Ilum and False Emperor flashpoints. The pvp players used to be sent there at around 47 if I remember, to check out the pvp area. I know it has been a year since we had a reason to be there but it is still a pvp area and I still collect my Valor Boost from the contested area.

PvE'ers are complaining because it seems to be PvE content in a PvP area a la the HK part in Outlaw's Den.

At this point, everyone is assuming everything about this patch before it has hit the PTS.

By 'whole new system' you mean one reputation faction of at least four * per factionthat will be introduced possibly requiring some element of PvP interaction...Only Ilum is mentioned and only in relation to the Gree faction.

See you don't know either. If there's only pvp rewards, then who cares about this content, it would be optional. If there's pve rewards then it would be fine if they allow pve players access to this system without causing them to flag. However if there is forced pvp and the content offers pve rewards then the content is no longer truly optional - in fact it's pve content that's being deliberately withheld from pve players.

More information is required, let's hope they don't screw this one up :rolleyes:

Edited by lollie

I can't speak for everyone but what alot of you rookie mmo players consider ganking, my crowd considers what we used to call "OPEN WORLD PVP"! Get your big girl panties on and get ready to fight, No hutt ball, no silly orbs, no nodes , it's just you and your group (better have one), against them and their group. Only the strong survive! I personally cant wait to get ganked, camped, griefed........I really miss SWG. If your on The Bastion and your Imperial you better gank me before we gank you :D