PvPointless

Ellandess

- 30% reduction in healing received for engaging in PvP? Basically what you're saying is, nerf healers in pvp, or healers don't bother pvping, we've reduced your value by 30%?

- A warzone packed with ramps where any form of knockback (from any class) is an I win button?

- Raid frames broken so that health in them can never be trusted?

- Absolutely no reward whatsoever for open world pvp?

- Targets (and yourself!) disappearing through the floor Void Star?

- Resolve (CC immunity) completely failing to make any difference whatsoever in the majority of cases?

- Chain CC a serious problem where skill counts for nothing?

- An attractiveness of certain classes that means that almost 80% of an opponents team has ranged stun, slow, damage, healing, knock back and force speed?

I seriously can't be bothered to type any more than that. The list goes on and on. PvP is so frustrating in swtor it's unbelievable.

* In before the muppets: L2P > TLDR > go play something else > lose much > day 1 nerf call?

Frankly, those that cannot recognise any issues at all with pvp really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

IMPORTANT: By the way - allow us to choose which warzone we go into and all these issues are acceptable - I will just avoid Huttball completely.

Edited by Ellandess

I have to agree, it's especially awful as a melee when you trudge through so much crap in the Hutt Ball map just to get to your opponent then you are instantly knocked back and get to start all over, the best part is the path is so convoluted that by the time you reach him again his knock back is off cool down, yay

It was incredibly lazy of them to scale up stats instead of doing brackets too, I have seen a level 10 guy with no specialization selected enter the WZ on my side, just frustrating

Barring the lack of reward from open world pvp, I don't think the pvp in SWTOR is all that bad. The classes seem more or less balanced and I really haven't come across a class that was grossly overpowered. If you want ridiculous, imbalanced pvp with too much cc, go take a gander at Rift. That game is jacked up.

Edit: I do, however, agree with you about being able to choose the scenario. I'm not a big fan of Huttball (mostly because the announcer talks too much).

Edited by Urothefox

Barring the lack of reward from open world pvp, I don't think the pvp in SWTOR is all that bad. The classes seem more or less balanced and I really haven't come across a class that was grossly overpowered. If you want ridiculous, imbalanced pvp with too much cc, go take a gander at Rift. That game is jacked up.

Edit: I do, however, agree with you about being able to choose the scenario. I'm not a big fan of Huttball (mostly because the announcer talks too much).

You are forced into warzones because there is no progression in owpvp, forced into a random warzone, forced into an opposing team of 5 inquisitors and 3 bounty hunters and forced to suffer constant CC.

This is not the Force you were looking for.

I have vanguard trooper and jedi knight sentinel, and I thoroughly enjoy both of them in pvp. All healing is reduced by 30%, so it is balanced, and healers are still game changers despite of this. I like everything I have played in PvP so far, on both characters, so I don't mind the random queue.

In huttball, when you are the ball carrier you need to expect to die, and you must rely on teammates to get up ahead so you can pass the ball. You can pass up ramps and levels too, so if you get knocked down, not all is lost.

I can understand your frustrations, however I don't necessarily agree with them.

- 30% reduction in healing received for engaging in PvP? Basically what you're saying is, nerf healers in pvp, or healers don't bother pvping, we've reduced your value by 30%?

- A warzone packed with ramps where any form of knockback (from any class) is an I win button?

- Resolve (CC immunity) completely failing to make any difference whatsoever in the majority of cases?

- An attractiveness of certain classes that means that almost 80% of an opponents team has ranged stun, slow, damage, healing, knock back and force speed?

I seriously can't be bothered to type any more than that. The list goes on and on. PvP is so frustrating in swtor it's unbelievable.

* In before the muppets: L2P > TLDR > go play something else > lose much > day 1 nerf call?

Frankly, those that cannot recognise any issues at all with pvp really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

IMPORTANT: By the way - allow us to choose which warzone we go into and all these issues are acceptable - I will just avoid Huttball completely.

Yeah... Well... Hmmm...

L2P

Wow OP, really? If you don't interrupt the healer there is no way you can dps through his healing as long as he has mana. Unless it's lvl 35 vs 14 or sth. Even with the 30% decrease to healing. So that part is done ok tbh.

I agree with the complaint about not being able to pick a wz I want to join. That way I'd never set my foot in Void Star again.

I think the OP is a bad player ... I think we should discuss this first ...

And in a game like this where you can spam big heals, healing can easily be OP. Could you imagine trying to kill someone when they are getting 3-4k heals spammed on them every 2 seconds, plus HoT's and whatnot, and just by 1 healer ?

Edited by ThisguyYay

the only thing that annoys me is the group drop after group queuing >>sp leaving then having to regroup re que and you cant group que in a raid unless i missed something ...shrug\

btw im jedi shadow and i cant dps and i cant heal but i can out last out break and out interupt any class there is

on a side note lvl 10 bolstered or not should never have to face off with a 35 higher foe the lvl caps in pvp should be in place i dont want a bunch of lvl 10s just off home world pvping with me and i honestly honestly believe that 36- 50 pvp 10 -25 pvp 26-35 or some kind of break down like that

i also hate huttball :eek:

As a full-healer spec (operative medic), i support this debuff: i can still outheal 1 dps, sometimes 2.

The damage inflicted by players is not the same as that inflicted by mobs.

Works fine.

The knockbacks aren't that effective in huttball honestly - nowhere near as powerful as forcespeed, intervene, force leap - hell, even pass is more broken than the knockbacks really.

Useful? yes. Not even approaching an "I win button" though.

Agreed - when the health bug occurs, it ruins the game for healers, if you are the only healer, it totally screws your team.

The disappearing people from the Raid UI is just as bad.

Agreed - They need rewards in ASAP, in order to prevent Open world pvp from being crippled from the outset.

Never experienced this personally - cannot comment.

I've found that stunlocks only occur very rarely.

Again, its an exceptionally rare occurence.

Very difficult to stop some classes from being more aesthetically attractive.

Every heal/CC that you use is GCDs/Force points that arent being spent on mana.

And in doing so, more than triple the length of warzone queues - no thankyou.

I'm not implying that the game is perfect - but a lot of the concerns you are listing are not concerns to me at all, personally.

A warzone packed with ramps where any form of knockback (from any class) is an I win button?

I don't think it's an IWIN button at all. After you encounter it once or twice, you should be prepared for this tactic in the future. Just gotta know that it's coming, especially when you are near a fire trap in Huttball or on a top ramp. There are ways to prevent this, properly position yourself, and even get an opponent to blow their load before you are in range of the knockback.

Absolutely no reward whatsoever for open world pvp?

This is a serious problem. BW needs to implement some incentive for peeps to do more OWPvP or it will just be flash in the pan stuff. Right now you get nothing for an open world kill. Should be able to work toward a title, get some valor...something. Doesn't have to be gear or shinies and it should apply to all levels and in all contested areas, not just level 50 in Ilum.

Targets (and yourself!) disappearing through the floor Void Star?

Never seen this and I've been through countless runs of VS.

Resolve (CC immunity) completely failing to make any difference whatsoever in the majority of cases?

I agree on this actually. Not just in PvP, but in PvE too. The Resolve cd is just too long. Needs to be reduced to 45 secs imo, maybe even 30 secs.

Chain CC a serious problem where skill counts for nothing?

This issue is a bit tricky. Mainly because there are different forms of CC. There are long stuns and stuns that break on damage. My Shadow does his best to only pop his Resolve on a long stun. When multiple players are hitting you, they are usually only doing it in a semi-coordinated way. Learn to differentiate between stuns so you don't break one unnecessarily. Often, the other players will break it for you.

Smart players will actually set you up with a weak stun so they can lock you down with a long one. You really need to adapt accordingly.

An attractiveness of certain classes that means that almost 80% of an opponents team has ranged stun, slow, damage, healing, knock back and force speed?

My Shadow wrecks SIs. But of course, you could be referring to JCs here as well. heh

Agreed on this. Peeps should be able to choose a WZ if they wish, or at least filter out WZs they don't want to do.

I put my 24 Marauder (Sent) on the shelf since Empire plays 80% huttball matches. It was just to frustrating to have little or no CC/Utility in that environment of chutes and ladders.

I do see the Jug/Knight having a good time in there (higher lvl ones) once they get the ability to not only charge, but also leap to an ally they can score really really well.

I healed in many many MMOs, love to PvP heal. I really enjoy knowing I am making a difference on the battle field for my team, many times the presence of a healer can sway the tide of the battle.

Unfortunately after being in general beta I realized healing in SWTOR was too weak, and I felt gimped as a healer. Compared to many other games where a well played healer is not gonna be taken down easy, in SWTOR right now, the DPS is king.

Therefore, instead of my Sage being a healer as intended, dishing out the heals for my comrades to keep them alive long enough to down our enemies... I too joined the DPS and my Sage is a nuker, more of a mage with a random heal or bubble here and there.

Just too bad they made healers so weak imo, healing is rewarding to some of us, I know I have done it in just about every major MMO released in the last 10yrs, but at this point SWTOR wont be seeing my heals i dont think.

Why would you gimp healers in pvp....

I healed in many many MMOs, love to PvP heal. I really enjoy knowing I am making a difference on the battle field for my team, many times the presence of a healer can sway the tide of the battle.

Unfortunately after being in general beta I realized healing in SWTOR was too weak, and I felt gimped as a healer. Compared to many other games where a well played healer is not gonna be taken down easy, in SWTOR right now, the DPS is king.

Therefore, instead of my Sage being a healer as intended, dishing out the heals for my comrades to keep them alive long enough to down our enemies... I too joined the DPS and my Sage is a nuker, more of a mage with a random heal or bubble here and there.

Just too bad they made healers so weak imo, healing is rewarding to some of us, I know I have done it in just about every major MMO released in the last 10yrs, but at this point SWTOR wont be seeing my heals i dont think.

Why would you gimp healers in pvp....

I too am a Sage healer and I´m sry, but if you think heals are too weak you ARE doing it wrong.

Besides, I don´t really like to think of the Sage healer as a pure healer. More like something inbetween Dps and heals.

Infact, the only thing I find Sage´s are lacking is burst.

Which ofc should be the way.

Like someone else said. To outheal a dps is a piece of cake. Some CC, shield, a heal here, some dps there and I'm dandy.

I can easily hold a turrent in Alderaan against 2 opponents for quite some time.

It´s all about good movement and CC.

Edited by Birdflew

The no reward for open world PVP is really bad. I got my first bad guy kills today while questing, and I couldn't seem to find what I got for a reward. I kept thinking I must have missed it, whatever it is, but later I learned that I get nothing. This is ridiculous. The only thing I can think is that they must have thought it would be a good credit sink, where one person has to repair their gear. They just hope we kill each other for no good reason I guess, and enjoy doing it. Its a mess. Someone had to mention this in beta.