Game Update 5.2 - Known Issues

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Here are the current known issues for GU 5.2:

• The Daily Missions on Iokath are not affected by the Planetary Mission highlight bonus from Galactic Command.
  • If you change appearance while on Iokath it will not be updated in Iokath cutscenes until you leave the planet and return.
  • If you try to engage in an activity with a member of the opposite base faction which is normally not allowed (such as a Guild invite) you may receive a non-specific error message.
  • While you are in a vehicle (such as a walker) on Iokath, if you switch from a PvE to PvP instance (or vice versa), you will lose that form.
  • Main Story Missions on Iokath are rewarding less Command XP than intended.
  • Some abilities for the Iokath forms (such as the Missile Turret) are missing tooltip descriptions.
  • If you group queue from Iokath via group finder into an Operation, Flashpoint, or Uprising, hitting return to medcenter may remove you from the group and return you to Iokath.
  • Activating an Iokath form (such as a walker) while you have a temporary ability bar active will cause your temporary abilities to cease working and you may receive a non-specific error message.
  • The Jundland Dewback has no icon in the unclaimed items section of the Cartel Market.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the mission CXP a significant amount compared to what it should be? For instance, Shots Fired is set to give me 55CXP (I have the legacy perks). What's the actual value supposed to be? If it's just a few CXP points difference then I'll keep playing. If it's a few hundred points difference then I'd rather hold off until it's fixed in the next few days.

Is the mission CXP a significant amount compared to what it should be? For instance, Shots Fired is set to give me 55CXP (I have the legacy perks). What's the actual value supposed to be? If it's just a few CXP points difference then I'll keep playing. If it's a few hundred points difference then I'd rather hold off until it's fixed in the next few days.

The important difference is that DVL/Boosts/Daily Bonus work on the base amount so 15/20/100% is a much bigger bonus than it was during the bonus event. For example a flashpoint cxp pack before the patch gave 450, it now gives 650ish with just a boost and even more with DVL or the daily bonus too.

Edited by DarthZaul

Despite the patch notes saying that the issue with Jedi Knights being unable to summon T7-01 after replaying chapter 3 has been fixed, I still cannot summon T7 on my knight.

Update: I have replayed KotFE chapter 3, 7, and 8 (chapters where T7 appears or is a required companion) and still no luck. It appears, if this update fixed the problem, it is only for those who have not yet encountered the issue.

Edited by Casseus

The behaviour of crashed droids on Ziost has changed: if they go into the self-destruction sequence, they don't give loot and experience. Before 5.2 they gave both, no matter how they were defeated. Now need to catch a right moment and stun them before self-destruction, which is quite non-trivial. This change is not reflected in patch notes, so I can only guess whether it was intended, or it's a side effect, or a bug. Edited by Cassianus

A few people I know have mentioned not receiving the respective companion for the side they chose at the end of the fourth mission.

Have they checked thoroughly? I spent about 5 minutes trying to find Elara in the huge list of companions before finally noticing her

The behaviour of crashed droids on Ziost has changed: if they go into the self-destruction sequence, they don't give loot and experience. Before 5.2 they gave both, no matter how they were defeated. Now need to catch a right moment and stun them before self-destruction, which is quite non-trivial. This change is not reflected in patch notes, so I can only guess whether it was intended, or it's a side effect, or a bug.

I have encountered this as well. Highly annoying.

There is a bug regarding the stronghold decorations of the 2 new (returned) companions.

I played the Iokath story with my sorc and sided with the Empire.

I got Quinn as a companion (already leveled him to rank 50).

When I want to place Quinn in my stronghold I can't do that cause it shows: Malavai Quinn 0/0.

I can't even place a holo of him since "I don't own this decoration" though I have him in my active companion list and can summon him.

But strangely enough Elara Dorne got unlocked as a stronghold decoration instead and I am able to place a holo of her in my stronghold, though I sided with the Empire and therefore didn't unlock Elara as a summonable companion.

So the wrong companion got unlocked as stronghold decoration, while the companion I actually recruited by doing the Ioakth Story (and siding with the Empire) still can't be used as stronghold decoration.

Edit:

There are obviously 2 Malavai Quinn decorations now. The old companion decoration remains at 0/0 while the new one can only be found when searching for unlocked companion decorations.

When searching for "all" companion decorations the new one doesn't even show up in the list (only the old 0/0 one does) so it's kind of tricky to find it.

Edited by Avianatorsparkma

I just got thrown out of my walker and ended having to fight three elite jedi masters with knock backs. They killed me and to get back there I need to take the walker's path, except I have no walker anymore. Is that how it's supposed to go?

The exact same thing happened to me. Without a walker can't continue the story or missions . . . did you find a solution?

Here are the current known issues for GU 5.2:

• The Daily Missions on Iokath are not affected by the Planetary Mission highlight bonus from Galactic Command.
  • If you change appearance while on Iokath it will not be updated in Iokath cutscenes until you leave the planet and return.
  • If you try to engage in an activity with a member of the opposite base faction which is normally not allowed (such as a Guild invite) you may receive a non-specific error message.
  • While you are in a vehicle (such as a walker) on Iokath, if you switch from a PvE to PvP instance (or vice versa), you will lose that form.
  • Main Story Missions on Iokath are rewarding less Command XP than intended.
  • Some abilities for the Iokath forms (such as the Missile Turret) are missing tooltip descriptions.
  • If you group queue from Iokath via group finder into an Operation, Flashpoint, or Uprising, hitting return to medcenter may remove you from the group and return you to Iokath.
  • Activating an Iokath form (such as a walker) while you have a temporary ability bar active will cause your temporary abilities to cease working and you may receive a non-specific error message.
  • The Jundland Dewback has no icon in the unclaimed items section of the Cartel Market.

-eric

More to look for:

* Sprint is suddenly disabled. I thought it was me on one toon, but i read some people got that too.

* Companions after you finish the story sometimes do not reapear, it actually samys the line as you you are changing companion and you get nothing. For example, the daily where you use a console and control a monolith, first my companion (Lana) apeared in that room and then when i finish she said goodbye and i was alone in combat force to fight.

* Don't know if a bug, but it probably needs some correction: Walker cost is too High. Doing all story + a few dailys and i'm about half way there. On the other hand, reputation seems like a lot, doing the same i already hit the weekly limit with one faction and i got lots of spare.

It really was too few CXP for all the time invested. Almost nothing.