little advise for healers and dps

as a geared tank i know its cool to go get the free gear from recruit crap off the PVP vendor to bolster your stats. But that just telling me in flash points that your so damn lazy to not even bother to get your gear from questing. So all you do is crappy dps or healing now. You think that's good RIGHT! Wrong stop queing for harmodes with ****** gear seriously the group finder is what killed the community and this game.

I'd rather see someone in Recruit than leveling greens.

I also have 3 50s (2 tanks and a healer) that started in recruit gear and had no issues running HM FPs. Two of those were back when you had to actually BUY it.

Also one of them hit 50 on Tuesday and was full 56 mods (bar mainhand hilt) by that evening using just Group Finder HMs. Gearing up is a joke, stop being an elitist.

Also, if you're a geared tank then it shouldn't matter what the DPS is wearing. You won't lose threat to a recruit geared DPS and you shouldn't have enrage issues. HM FPs are like the paddling pool of endgame content and you're an Olympic finalist swimming with toddlers. You can make their lives easy, or you can insult them for not being as good as you. All it says is what kind of person you are, and makes no reflection on them.

On another note: gear (Campaign aside) says nothing about how good a player is. A complete idiot can get full 61 mods given enough time (yes even hilt/barrel) and you can be carried to 58s pretty easily. I'd rather run with a Tionese DPS that knew what they were doing than a BH one that kept standing in circles, breaking CC, ignoring kill order or face pulling.

Both of my lvl 50s are wearing mostly recruit PvP gear, because it was better than the gear I already had. I take part in PvP, flashpoints, and PvE. So eventually, I expect to get better gear. But the reason I'm wearing PvP gear now is because it's the best gear I've found so far.

The funniest part is this is to DPS and Healers, I have healed many a HMFP where the Tank did the same thing.

I'm over geared on my DPS and my healer for HMFP anyway, so I really don't care what they are wearing as long as they have a understanding for what is going on or are willing to admit they don't know. On my DPS shadow I sometimes query with a guild mates healer. I'm afraid one day he will have a heart attack as I let the Unlimited Power Cast Bar go so long trying to see if the tank will get it.

Still I don't care except when on my healer and healing these fresh 50. Little too busy to catch interrupts.

Me, I didn't go this route with either of my 50s. I did dailies for mods, implants, ear and relic before moving on to SM Ops and HMFP.

I will say, I understand the recruit gear, I don't understand is people not getting their Matrix Cube....Come on it is free too.

Edited by mikebevo

One of our guildies dinged a new level 50 alt, bought recruit PvP and ran HM EV 30 minutes later (as the main tank) to completion.

It's because he's a skilled player. Skill > Gear

As to "the group finder is what killed the community", that's silly. I among many others actually got interested in doing endgame content because of the group finder. Some of my happy moments in this game were with a group finder pug with 3 other strangers that were having a good time.

And I'm grateful to those people who gave me advice when I was a new 50 so I got better. Community is made by the players.

Edited by Khevar

with the range of geared pepole in game naw im happy when i get LESS geared pepole for hm run it remindes me haw much fun was it before i got bh and i have to heal finly insted of runing true all instance without stoping

As a geared healer I do not care about how well other people are geared in HM FP. I have healed a tank in 47-49 level green stuff in BoI HM without issues. Recruit gear is very good starting point for fresh 50s. It comes with decent stats for its cost and requires very little effort to acquire. Of course, PVE gear from dailies is better, but margin is not that big to worry about. You may care about gear only in LI HM where players should wear Columi level sets.

actually it is a lot more fun to have such geared people in my groups as it slows the hm race to a more enjoyable pace. i have seen more over geared people play far worse than most under geared first timers in a zone.

besides we all have to start somewhere gear wise especially with our first or even second 50.

as a geared tank i know its cool to go get the free gear from recruit crap off the PVP vendor to bolster your stats. But that just telling me in flash points that your so damn lazy to not even bother to get your gear from questing. So all you do is crappy dps or healing now. You think that's good RIGHT! Wrong stop queing for harmodes with ****** gear seriously the group finder is what killed the community and this game.

Most of the HM flashpoints can easily be done by a group in recruit gear.

Well, I think everyone here has pretty much said it, but I'll attempt to summarize.

Stop being an elitist jerk, recruit gear is plenty sufficient for HM FPs, particularly if you know what you're doing and how to play your class.

Well, I think everyone here has pretty much said it, but I'll attempt to summarize.

Stop being an elitist jerk, recruit gear is plenty sufficient for HM FPs, particularly if you know what you're doing and how to play your class.

I agree entirely.

I've seen Story Mode EV done in full Tionese and Story Mode KP done in full Recruit. Neither Operation group seemed to struggle with the content despite their so-called "bad gear." SKILL>GEAR, 100% of the time.

Most of the HM flashpoints can easily be done by a group in recruit gear.

Only if the person has a fairly good understanding of the FP mechanics and a proper understand of their class. A fresh 50 healer in recruit gear is not going to be able to heal Directive 7 final boss without understand of what is going on and understanding their abilities. That is unless the rest of the group has a great understanding of the mechanics and use the defensive cooldown at the right times. Trust me I have gotten put into many groups in progress right there. Which is easy fast BH comms for me, but I still feel bad for the group. Also trust me, in HM FP many people do not used defensive cooldowns or kill stuff in the right order.

Not getting gear can be a sign of lazinees. However, it does not mean the person is lazy, but not knowing the FP, not knowing your rotation, not knowing your abilities and being in recruit gear does. I don't really mind the first and last, but I can't teach people the middle 2 in a HM FP. Tanks are even harder, they need to at least have some clue about the healers abilities. I have no problem with gear or I would be a hypocrite, I went from Daily gear to Rakata and BH on my alt. However, it was not because I was lazy, but because the group I run with pretty much forced me into Ops that I was not geared for. I did know the Operation and I was geared the best I could be including augments. Still haven’t done SM KP, but I’ve done NIM KP on my alt.

Pretty much. I have a semi geared healer and I prefer to heal a tank in Recruit gear with a good attitude rather than a 30k hp obnoxiuos d-bag.

Edited by wainot-keel

Please oh Lord of Tanking. Do tell me how I am to get gear without doing the Flashpoints! Also,I have healed ALL flashpoints on HM with a mix of Recruit/Columi (picked up from said flashpoints!). Yes,I include Lost Island in this list too. So,before you spout your elitist codswallop,remember, competency is far more important than gear.

Hmmm where to start...

Your post and advice not only comes off as arrogant/ obnoxious - it is incorrect as well.

Dulfy made a comparison of the recruit set to customizable gear modded from the dailies here http://dulfy.net/2012/04/13/dailies-and-pve-gearing-in-1-2/

The recruit set is a perfectly viable set for HMs; it is also free and a very smart way to gear up once you hit lvl 50.

I would encourage everyone to get a recruit set once they hit 50.

as a geared tank
How did you get geared? What solution do you propose for fresh lvl 50s? Tionese & Columi gear drop through HMs & ops - not through some auto-magical process.

Recruit gear does not mean

crappy dps or healing

You think that's good RIGHT! Wrong
No! You are wrong.

stop queing for harmodes with ****** gear
While you do have a point here - recruit gear is not "****** gear "

The least you could do before spouting off on a subject (recruit gear) is to educate yourself at least a little bit about it.

Then you can conceivably consider giving "advise" but hopefully instead give some "advice"...

Only if the person has a fairly good understanding of the FP mechanics and a proper understand of their class. A fresh 50 healer in recruit gear is not going to be able to heal Directive 7 final boss without understand of what is going on and understanding their abilities. That is unless the rest of the group has a great understanding of the mechanics and use the defensive cooldown at the right times. Trust me I have gotten put into many groups in progress right there. Which is easy fast BH comms for me, but I still feel bad for the group. Also trust me, in HM FP many people do not used defensive cooldowns or kill stuff in the right order.

Not getting gear can be a sign of lazinees. However, it does not mean the person is lazy, but not knowing the FP, not knowing your rotation, not knowing your abilities and being in recruit gear does. I don't really mind the first and last, but I can't teach people the middle 2 in a HM FP. Tanks are even harder, they need to at least have some clue about the healers abilities. I have no problem with gear or I would be a hypocrite, I went from Daily gear to Rakata and BH on my alt. However, it was not because I was lazy, but because the group I run with pretty much forced me into Ops that I was not geared for. I did know the Operation and I was geared the best I could be including augments. Still haven’t done SM KP, but I’ve done NIM KP on my alt.

I pretty much agree with you. You do need to know the fights and be knowledgeable about your class and role. Ignorant players will always have a hard time in any endgame group content though. Better gear just gives you more of a cushion.

But all of the flashpoints were initially done in pre-columi gear, as that was all that was available at the start. Recruit gear is pretty decent, and is sufficient. You just need to use your head with it.