• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have Emachines with

Intel celeron 900

intel GMA 4500M

2 GB DDR3 memory

DVD-super Multi DL drive

This is my first PC game i got I know little bit about computor and and i was just wondering if they an need to upgrade or buy new Laptop

Yes you will have to upgrade, I would suggest looking at Asus Laptops in the $700-1200 range, those will vary from mid-level performance to the ones in the $1200 range handling the game fine at max settings as you can still find some 560m GPU laptops for that price. You will have to upgrade though, the game running on your current machine will be unplayable.

Right. New laptop. I know the game will run on it due to having played a bit- not at optimum but good enough to get my fix.

My question is about the network adapter- it's an Atheros, and while I can play fine for a bit I inevitably get booted off the server, the game, the net completely. I know the Atheros adapters have a reputation for not playing nice with a lot of routers; it certainly doesn't seem to like mine (a Linksys). A USB adapter is currently on its way from Amazon but I'm wondering if that's going to do the trick or if I should just spring for the cable to hardwire into the router?

Please just help with this specific issue- no snarky remarks about getting a gaming laptop, a new router, etc etc ad nauseum. I really hesitated to post this because of the level of snark/elitism in these forums (same reason I didn't post full specs) so...straight advice, anyone? :)

(edit: irrelevant post now, the USB adaptor arrived and all works well so it was definitely the internal adaptor causing the problem)

Edited by thatghost
solved/answered

• 2 weeks later...
Is anybody having success running this on a minimum recommended build? My old laptop has an old X1400 that won't play the game because I can't force it to detect low settings in the GUI. It's an Dell E1705 / XPS 1710. I have a Core 2 duo and 4GB of RAM I swapped in about a year ago. I can swap the GPU in it for a single 7950GTX go and hope to play on low / medium settings but I have to modify the case a bit for the heat sink. Anybody out there playing this on a high end GeForce 7 series mobile card? If so what is the highest resolution you can get and still keep a stable FPS? I'd really hate to buy a new laptop. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
I wanted this game since it first can out but my hardware was WAY to old to play it. I just bought a new laptop last month and i instantly bought this game. I play with the track pad (I know, I know) because I cant play with a mouse in the environment i am in (I play in bed before I go to sleep. helps me relax.). My problem is I have trouble targeting the enemy closest to me. What is the short cut to target closest enemy and/or teammate w/ low health?

• 2 weeks later...

My current laptop runs the game fairly well, but I need a new laptop that will be solely for gaming. (No, I am not interested in getting a desktop)

Right now, I am seriously considering the Alienware M14 with Intel Core i5 and 8GB RAM. I personally think it is what I might buy, but I'd like to have some opinions before I commit to it considering it's expensive.

Anyone have this gaming laptop? If so, how does it run?

If not, what would you recommend?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How well will this run SWTOR? I've seen Battlefield 3 played on Ultra settings on YouTube. Can't find anything on SWTOR game-play on YouTube...

• Asus G75VX-TS72 notebook PC.

• 2.4GHz Intel Core i7-3630QM quad-core processor

• 17.3" diagonal display with Full HD 1920x1080p resolution

• 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX graphics with 3GB GDDR5 dedicated graphics memory

• Windows 8, 64-bit

Edited by AnotherJedi
Refine

• 4 months later...

My game runs incredibly slow, especially in warzones (10-20 fps), even though my AMD 7970m is more than capable of running the game at max settings.

Perhaps it's a processor issue? Here are my laptop's (MSI GX-60) specs:

CPU: AMD A10-5750m (2.5 GHz Quad-core)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970m / 2GB GDDR5

RAM: DDRIII 16GB

I've already posted this on another section of the forums since I couldn't find the technical section, but seeing as this section is more appropriate than customer service in regards to technical issues, I decided to post on this thread as well.

I would appreciate any tips and/or advice on how to remedy this problem. Thanks.

My game runs incredibly slow, especially in warzones (10-20 fps), even though my AMD 7970m is more than capable of running the game at max settings.

Perhaps it's a processor issue? Here are my laptop's (MSI GX-60) specs:

CPU: AMD A10-5750m (2.5 GHz Quad-core)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970m / 2GB GDDR5

RAM: DDRIII 16GB

I've already posted this on another section of the forums since I couldn't find the technical section, but seeing as this section is more appropriate than customer service in regards to technical issues, I decided to post on this thread as well.

I would appreciate any tips and/or advice on how to remedy this problem. Thanks.

Have you upgraded DirectX modules? http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Buy default Win7/8 don't have upgraded DirectX 9 and Swtor is pure DX9 game.

I'm using so old laptop and on low settings game is pretty smooth (haven't tried any Wz tho), yours should handle game at least on medium settings without any problems.

One more thing, switch video mode to "Full screen windowed", it will add some extra boost.

Edited by Chaffery

Have you upgraded DirectX modules? http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Buy default Win7/8 don't have upgraded DirectX 9 and Swtor is pure DX9 game.

I'm using so old laptop and on low settings game is pretty smooth (haven't tried any Wz tho), yours should handle game at least on medium settings without any problems.

One more thing, switch video mode to "Full screen windowed", it will add some extra boost.

I appreciate the assistance.