View Single Post

ufarax
07.20.2019 , 08:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
Unless you've encountered a new bug, the companions are running within distance of attacking. If your ranged comp is running right into the fray versus staying back to some degree, then you're probably bugged or their weapon has almost no range to it. But the companions are performing as they always have in the past, move into position, or range in this case, and attack. As mentioned by others, it appears what you want is a 'stay' command, or something to that affect, which is a whole different issue and has the potential to have even more micromanaging involved due to issues that have already been mentioned in one of the more recent posts. I don't see the devs investing the time to make the companions savvy enough to manage themselves without our input.

If the devs want to implement a 'stay' command, then I'm all in, give it a shot.

You are incorrect. A companion range is what....30 meters/feet. I understand that if I attack at 35 meters/feet the companion would move to within range of the enemy, so he/she would move 5 feet/meters ahead of the player. As it stands now if I am a ranged DPS and I stand at 30 meters/feet from the enemy the range healer companion will run ahead to 15 meters/feet from the enemy, that does not make sense. I have been playing since beta nonstop to present and this is not how companions have always functioned. Companions were broken when the devs decided that companions can serve all roles healer/dps/tank, I am not looking for a stay command. When this game launched companions did not rush ahead as they do now. I am not requesting anything new.