So.... With this new expansion...

ottoisblotto

It is, as it always has been, a symbol of the authority of the Jedi Order.

Do you suggest that all force-user gameplay should be melee?

Do you suggest that Sages should be throwing their saber every couple of seconds?

If you want to use a lightsaber to hit stuff, then roll any of the other Jedi. I hope you don't mind if I try to heal you with the force instead of an energy weapon.

I wish so but I doubt it,

In my opinion all the sage needs is a couple of melee range escape skills that use the lightsaber to feel right, kind of like the Ranger in LotrO it's a ranged class but most of the snares and slows to help you get out of melee range use the sword so it makes you feel like your melee weapon is useful and not just ceremonial.

Take for example Tumult, is a melee range skill to help you finish off trash, being melee only it could have used a lightsaber attack animation but instead it's just a random (albeit awesome) kick animation, seems like a wasted opportunity to make the Sage/Sorc feel a little more Lightsaber proficient.

Edited by Andronicos

One thought would be to change the action for our stun or interrupt, instead of just waving our hand, have us throw our lightsaber I suppose.

Sages are meant to primarily use the force and our lightsabers are our last line of defense, we do occassionally deflect blaster bolts coming our way.

If anything, I would like to see a greater variety of things we pull from the ground and fling at our advisaries.:rolleyes:

I wish so but I doubt it,

Take for example Tumult, is a melee range skill to help you finish off trash, being melee only it could have used a lightsaber attack animation but instead it's just a random (albeit awesome) kick animation, seems like a wasted opportunity to make the Sage/Sorc feel a little more Lightsaber proficient.

great idea for an animation change... get rid of the kick and use the LS

They've said we're getting 5 new skills per tree & a new active ability per tree.

So that's.....

1 pt for the active ability

probably 2-3 pts that increase/ reduce/ modify the cost/ effect of that ability

& 1-2 pts of shear randomness that might improve an older ability

I'm very interested in seeing what the new top tier abilities are going to be

1) Heals - another heal? ~ it's probably not a 1.5 second deliverance

2) TK - another AoE?

3) Balance - ??????

They've said we're getting 5 new skills per tree & a new active ability per tree.

So that's.....

1 pt for the active ability

probably 2-3 pts that increase/ reduce/ modify the cost/ effect of that ability

& 1-2 pts of shear randomness that might improve an older ability

I'm very interested in seeing what the new top tier abilities are going to be

1) Heals - another heal? ~ it's probably not a 1.5 second deliverance

2) TK - another AoE?

3) Balance - ??????

It should be tbh, taking away our 1.5 sec deliverance was the stupidest move Bioware has made so far, all they have done is turn us into the whipping boys/girls of pvp.

Still makes me laugh when I bust my *** kiting, ccing etc a marauder get him almost dead he pops his undying rage, charges me, I have nothing left to defend myself and bam dead, all that effort for nothing.

Edited by RTCBrad

I'm not afraid to admit that the 1.5 second deliverance was broken. Major Imba. Increasing the cast length by a whole second was just going too far the other way. I would love to see a new top tier talent or two that reduced the deliverance cast time by up to 0.5 seconds. Meet me half way BW.....so to speak....

But I think it will be interesting to see what they come up with for new top tier abilities, I mean - really - what's left? In heals we've already got....

channeled big heal (healing trance)

Aoe (salvation)

Quick expenssive medium (benevolence)

Slow efficient big heal (deliverance)

small Hot with a buff (rejuvenate)

quick efficient medium (bubble)

cleanse (restoration)

free self heal

What are they going to do? expenssive/ slow/ tiny heal? Or are we just going to get a bigger version of one of the heals we already have? I guess they could give us "force siphon"..... that could be intersting.....

I'd like to see any of the following.....

1) a 3rd point added to confound for a 35% slow effect on the target. (to help in those kiting situations)

2) a talent that adds a signifigant heal to restoration

3) a reduction in the lockout debuff of force armor

4) a casting time/ cost/ cd reduction for salvation ~ this one could be a game breaker though

I had the idea to make the sabers use Willpower and Forcepower to make them almost viable. then add a +.5% force gain per hit of the basic strike(1.5% gain per full use). And double strike add a +25% per hit(50%max) slow down that is just like the one from telekinetic throw and have it last for 5-10 seconds(or less and make you keep hitting) as a debuff that can be removed etc. I think adding that too sages would be awesome. I think I calculated the double strike would be a wee bit under the most basic ranged attack unless it's a hybrid with unsupported Disturbance. And the basic would be much weaker but the % gain to force could be invaluable.

I thought it would be nice to add them to all sages via adding them as skills in the abilities window like the ability to cast revive ally over and over again. Call it Will mastery or something and note it adds basic abilities using your force abilities to your melee. Call it specialized training and you're done.

Edited by Aital

• 2 weeks later...
What are they going to do? expenssive/ slow/ tiny heal? Or are we just going to get a bigger version of one of the heals we already have? I guess they could give us "force siphon"..... that could be intersting.....

I'd like to see any of the following.....

1) a 3rd point added to confound for a 35% slow effect on the target. (to help in those kiting situations)

2) a talent that adds a signifigant heal to restoration

3) a reduction in the lockout debuff of force armor

4) a casting time/ cost/ cd reduction for salvation ~ this one could be a game breaker though

It would be great to see some more offbeat healing skills like "Restore Life" or "Balance Life" of Bishop class from Lineage II. First skill heals not for absolute amount of hp, but for some percentage amount (35%), second skill summarizes and distributes health points of the group members, equalizing the percentage of health points.

They both did extremely satisfactory work in L2 and gave distinctive mechanics to class. In any case, this is the direction in which it makes sense to speculate.

Will my glow stick finally become a lightsaber ?

I really, really, REALLY hope so. The shared talent trees are obvious proof that Bioware took a short cut when it came to class designs. Now that they had some time to improve the classes i would hope that my balance specced sage would get some melee capability. Not for hammering down mobs but to give some procs for my other spells or something.