Big wins for casuals! Dual Spec - Cross server

Touchbass

In the dev. Q&A on Feb 10th Dual Spec got confirmed and now an interview with Stephen Reid has just confirmed they are looking into a cross server flash point finder which is huge considering they said they didn't like the notion originally.

http://toroz.com.au/2012/02/stephen-reid-qa-summary-transcript/

Who won? Who is next? You decide!

EDIT: For people skeptical or lazy

Simon – Any plans for an LFG tool?

SR: Definitely being looked at including cross-server Flashpoint tool. Definitely wanting to do.

EDIT 2: The above is not "word for word" and there is a podcast that you can listen to and the LFD part comes around 26:10. Under no way or form does he say LFD Is coming cross server but he confirms that they are in fact looking at it which is HUGE from their previous stance.

Edited by Touchbass

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the dev. Q&A on Feb 10th Dual Spec got confirmed and now an interview with Stephen Reid has just confirmed they are looking into a cross server flash point finder which is huge considering they said they didn't like the notion originally.

Apparently the stock owners are getting restless....

They have been touting dual spec as a possibility and pretty much as given pretty early...

It's not news, the fact they did not say it was in 1.2 tells me it possibly wont be in until 1.3 at the earliest.

The cross server news just came out, so that's fresh. Dual spec wasn't confirmed until yetersday so it ends the debate on it.

GOOD

About time they did something smart. Adding a cross-server flash point finder to this game would help it A LOT. Considering there is almost NOTHING to do after you level 50 on this game BUT flashpoints...yeah, they need to make it as easy and quick as possible to do them.

Sitting in the fleet all day begging for a group isn't much fun...

Edited by JeremyDale

If they throw up a teleporting, cross server queue LFG system, I'm out of here.

Yes spending 10 minutes going through pointless empty transitional hallways make's you a far better player and this a far better game.

And getting groups is overrated anyway, low pop servers should just suck it up...and clone themselves I guess.

Great news, hope it happens sooner rather than later.

cross server flash point - Noooooooooooooooo ...Why? i dont see any need of this at all.

Isnt it enough that they shall add dualspecc.

Why add x-server if the must of the player will have two roles to fill with same toon.

Edited by TheHolgar

cross server flash point - Noooooooooooooooo ...Why? i dont see any need of this at all.

Why add x-server if the must of the player will have to roles to fill with same toon.

How dare people try to play on their own schedules!!!!!!!

GOOD

About time they did something smart. Adding a cross-server flash point finder to this game would help it A LOT. Considering there is almost NOTHING to do after you level 50 on this game BUT flashpoints...yeah, they need to make it as easy and quick as possible to do them.

Sitting in the fleet all day begging for a group isn't much fun...

It would help lazy people get a group, yes, but people who wants a system like that is only thinking about themselves and not the greater good.

I'm reluctantly willing to accept a same-server FP finder, but preferably I would want a system that doesn't put you in a queue at all. What is the point of playing an MMO if you're gonna let an automated system do the socializing for you? I'm all for making finding groups easier than it is now, but leave the auto-grouping and cross-server crap out of it and I'd accept anything they wished to do with it.

Edited by Senatsu

It would help lazy people get a group, yes, but people who wants a system like that is only thinking about themselves and not the greater good.

I'm reluctantly willing to accept a same-server FP finder, but preferably I would want a system that doesn't put you in a queue at all. What is the point of playing an MMO if you're gonna let an automated system do the socializing for you?

lol lazy?

You mean people who have jobs and families that cant sit around spamming for a group all day and night?

I'm reluctantly willing to accept a same-server FP finder, but preferably I would want a system that doesn't put you in a queue at all. What is the point of playing an MMO if you're gonna let an automated system do the socializing for you?

Calling people lazy in the first place for not be able find groups after a long time of manually searching probably lead to this decision faster then you think :p

Why add x-server if the must of the player will have two roles to fill with same toon.

The way i understand it, there are some servers where the population is rather high, but they are concentrated on one side, eg. Empire, so it would be a great help to the other faction for finding players to team up with for Flashpoints... I might be missing something, but i don't see the problem with cross-server quing?

Hanging out on the fleet for a couple hours at a time for a couple of days, flagged LFG, whispering friends, and occasionally LFGing General chat, just to do a single flashpoint is hardly lazy.

Troll much?

lol lazy?

You mean people who have jobs and families that cant sit around spamming for a group all day and night?

If you don't have time to play it, stop ************ about the game you're paying for. "Why the **** does this car have only 4 wheels?! I want 6 you *****!" The world doesn't quite work that way.

(added some stars for emphasis)

Edited by Senatsu

Others playing the way they prefer annoys me to, you'd still have the choice to form groups with your many friends so why do you care how people play?

But more then your fears of a complete social collapse of humanity and decline of a community that exists only in your mind. this change will revive low pop server's especially for the 50's there that the game all but ends for.