Darth Vader armor in SWTOR

BlameTheInnocent

Hey guys

Anyone know if Darth Vader's armor is in SWTOR as it is iconic armor for Star wars and me growing up to Star Wars made me love Darth Vader. Anyone know if it is in there :csw_vader:

are quite a few pieces look like his actual armor itself, only issue you'll have is the helmet itself, as far as i've seen is nothing even close to vaders helmet in game. So best probably be able to do is to locate an imperial trooper helmet, and use that it'll get you close(pretty sure is one in game anyway). But all in all... no vader's actual armor will never probably appear in game IS vader inspired gear but, nothing is exactly like his.

I doubt it'll ever happen because of the time line thing. If it did it'd be for like 6 years non-stop subscription service as a reward, and only be a role-playing type armour that you can wear for fun.

Seeing dozens of people running around as Darth Vader would be silly in my opinion.

I doubt it'll ever happen because of the time line thing. If it did it'd be for like 6 years non-stop subscription service as a reward, and only be a role-playing type armour that you can wear for fun.

Seeing dozens of people running around as Darth Vader would be silly in my opinion.

I guess. I assume that BioWare wants to make this game unique to the player so copying another character wouldn't make our heroes special.

I dunno... they keep talking about this race of long-lost tech super-giants. Might be neat if some of that Episode IV-ish type gear was really developed thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin and maybe gets rediscovered sometime shortly before the movies?

They could pretty easily figure out a way to bridge the storyline gap if they wanted... I mean it's all styling anyway, all of the same "tech" is available. A storyline could even be presented such that the tech far-exceeded the abilities of what you see in the movies. In fact, that's sort of what I tell myself to justify how 3000 years later you see basically no advancement in the technology.

Edited by XLJedi

I dunno... they keep talking about this race of long-lost tech super-giants. Might be neat if some of that Episode IV-ish type gear was really developed thousands of years before the Battle of Yavin and maybe gets rediscovered sometime shortly before the movies?

They could pretty easily figure out a way to bridge the storyline gap if they wanted... I mean it's all styling anyway, all of the same "tech" is available. A storyline could even be presented such that the tech far-exceeded the abilities of what you see in the movies. In fact, that's sort of what I tell myself to justify how 3000 years later you see basically no advancement in the technology.

1. That's not how the Rakata work.

2. Tech in Star Wars has plateaued, that's why there are no major improvements. Vader's armor is just a life support system with a particular style. That style is unique to Vader and should not be handed out to players. Plenty of armor in the game looks very much like a suit of armor/life support system as it is.

Edited by Darthshnooky

True. But seeing as it's Mandalorian made armor they could easily add armor similar to it in any update.

Vader's armor is NOT Mandalorian. Boba/Jango Fett wore Mandalorian armor, but Vader's suit is definitely a Sith design. It's a combination life support system and armor designed and created through Sith Alchemy

What are you gonna tell me next? ...Darth Maul died?

Storylines are works of fiction...

And your point is...?

This particular work of fiction has many fans who don't want to see a bunch of players running around with Vader's mask. It is iconic and important to many of the fans and players of this game.

And your point is...?

This particular work of fiction has many fans who don't want to see a bunch of players running around with Vader's mask. It is iconic and important to many of the fans and players of this game.

+1

It would be plain silly.. everyone would be running around screaming "I am your father.." :rolleyes:

And your point is...?

...the comment was aimed at your points 1 & 2 my point being; how the Rakata work and whether or not technology has plateaued are merely your own extrapolations of fiction, as if mine are any more or less far-fetched.

I do however accept the argument that the style of vader is/was unique and should not be duplicated exactly. Some sort of shiney black helmet might be nice though...

Unfortunately, considering what they've done with saber colors, there don't seem to be too many icons in this game that are above reproach. :(

Edited by XLJedi

actualy im pretty sure ther is a similar armor and helmet in game i seen some people using it.

Its not like Darth vader, but it is very similar.

also if you go to ziost and go to the bridge you will see an NPC with that armor, talking with some bounty hunters cleary an easter egg from the empire strikes back when vader talks to the bouty hunters like fett in the bridge of his destroyer.

But more importantly the npc armor, i seen ppl using it. dont know where to get it, but i think its trough questing, in some of the higher lvl planets. Maybe corelia.

also there is an helmet much more similar then that. again im not sure where to get it.

Edited by Spartanik

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

They should add the armor and call it "futuristic life support suit" or something. Just because the look is iconic to Vader doesn't mean it has to be unique in the Star Wars lore. And you should have to do a quest to get it, like the HK quest but harder. It should be very, very difficult to obtain, and bound to your legacy. That would stop there from being a "Vader horde" on the day it is released. Honestly it's just such an amazing look and would make the game so much more fun that they really should add it. They could even, theoretically, get James Earl Jones (oh, PLEASE) to do the male voice acting, and blame the change of voice on the helmet. (I realize that last bit is rather far-fetched, but you have to admit it would be pretty amazing).

All in all, there's not really any good reason for them not to put Vader's suit in the game under a different name. I honestly think it would be a really cool endgame quest. And again, it should be tortuously difficult to obtain, so as to prevent Vadermageddon , but it would be a really awesome status symbol. Also, frankly, I love quests where the result is a tangible item that actually affects how you play.