If you care about your Vg/Pt post the 2.0 nerf

mfourcustom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about being easy to play, but I do not think there is another class in this game that is not easy to play. VG/PT defensive cooldown was their burst.

On a PVE POV you only brought a VG/PT to a raid group or progression group b/c of their high dps number they have no group utility. The reason i loved my vanguard so much was how mobile it was that was my favorite part.

I do agree with you on the roll backs and I do not want to wait a year for some changes like the commandos had to wait these changes need happen asap.

I just jumped on my 50 VG that's been shelved for a bit and I ran full Tactics, it seemed pretty neat damage. I got highest damage on my Voidstar Warzone. Sure I'm not getting the big hits that other classes are getting but the 4k stockstrike / HIB / Fire Pulse all add up.

I haven't tried Assault yet as I've heard that's the one that got nerfed most, I'll give that a bash next.

EDIT: OH and alot of my gear was BM (I couldn't be bothered changing) and only had 1.4k~ Expertise.

EDIT: Second match as Assault. The only nerf I can see is the reduction to damage from CGC, overall I think I did OK, only got +600 damage over 2nd spot for highest damage. The CGC nerf is pretty horrid but it's not as bad as I thought it was after seeing so many people complain.

I might actually start my VG again, I actually quite enjoyed playing Tactics.

Edited by Jayshames

Personally i think they just enjoy f****** over troopers it's ridiculous how we've been getting slammed on the commando side or VG side no matter what, the first 2 patch re-balances on VG were reasonable but now its just a damn shame.:(

Ill be amazed if they get off their butts to actually do anything about this but as it sits right now VG is basically useless (by useless i mean we don't have anything that other classes can't bring to the table) dps wise tacts or assault either way we got slammed.:mad:

As for now my VG is on the shelf because right now my commando assault is better than VG right now.

• 4 weeks later...
Amen, totally agree with everything you said including the nerfs that we received prior to 2.0 were deserving, but the 2.0 nerfs were totally unwarranted. Fully support this video and I pray that the dev team take a few minutes to check it out.

I just jumped on my 50 VG that's been shelved for a bit and I ran full Tactics, it seemed pretty neat damage. I got highest damage on my Voidstar Warzone. Sure I'm not getting the big hits that other classes are getting but the 4k stockstrike / HIB / Fire Pulse all add up.

My Shadow and Gunslingers 7-9k hits also adds up.

Edited by Baalzamon

My Shadow and Gunslingers 7-9k hits also adds up.

This. This is exactly the kind of bs that makes the vanguard nerfs completely mindboggling. Why take our burst and good DPS away while leaving high burst and DPS on others? We were fine where we were at, considering we had ZERO defense.

What I want to know is why it took them a year and a half to nerf a "op" class. I don't think we werer ever op. That was how the class played. We were a glass cannon that really did melt ppl. If you catch us without our shield or any cooldowns we were done. People say a dot class should not have burst. If that was true all the dot classes would be the same.

People say a dot class should not have burst.

The reality is that DoT classes in SWTOR suck. DoTs actually hurt your team because in high level PvP, the only way you can nodes is through strategic use of mezz/cc. DoTs prevent your team from doing that. Look at the DoT classes. Merc Pyro - unused. Mara Annihilation - least used of the Mara classes. In 1.7, there were only two DoT subclasses that got any play time. PT Pyro, because it wasn't really a DoT class, it was a burst single target class. And Lethality because it was actually an AoE class.

Now in 2.0, PT Pyro has been fully converted to a DoT class. But with it's primary DoT nerfed by 50%. Doh. Yeah, that's not going to be compelling...

The reality is that DoT classes in SWTOR suck. DoTs actually hurt your team because in high level PvP, the only way you can nodes is through strategic use of mezz/cc. DoTs prevent your team from doing that. Look at the DoT classes. Merc Pyro - unused. Mara Annihilation - least used of the Mara classes. In 1.7, there were only two DoT subclasses that got any play time. PT Pyro, because it wasn't really a DoT class, it was a burst single target class. And Lethality because it was actually an AoE class.

Now in 2.0, PT Pyro has been fully converted to a DoT class. But with it's primary DoT nerfed by 50%. Doh. Yeah, that's not going to be compelling...

Have you seen a dirty fighting gunslinger at work?

My vanguard got more burst, self healing, and can now shield force and elemental attacks........what am I suppose to be mad about? I got 3 buffs and no nerfs....

Wow... just wow.