Revan's Chestplate; any word on a fix?

Terin

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man there are LOTS and LOTS of NPCs wearing chest pieces with two hoods. :p

I don't get it, there are only a few steps which would make the players happy.

1: Change the main robe color to black

2: Remove the wrong hood.

3: Add different versions of the robe:

Revan's Robe Hood Up

Revan's Robe Hood Down

And two classic versions which have the cape. If you're messing with Revan, you're messing with all of us. :rak_03:

I don't even use the robes on and my characters, but I am in full support of all the people who have posted in favor thus far.

I doubt you'd have made this decision if you'd properly tallied the votes to begin with. Add my vote to the list and make the change asap. At the very least, think of this as a step in the right direction towards fixing the small things.

The next thing you should definitely be devoting a team of people to, is fixing the goram codex! Tooooooo many entries don't register or are simply non-existent in the game.

I implore you guys to fix the Revan set! As said, Revan is the single most memorable character prior to the movies themselves, and it seems shocking that his armor should not only be bugged, but willfully ignored. Please don't take that as a tone of anger; I understand the thought-process of "Well, maybe somebody likes it this way". I think that point of view is simply wrong, however, as something that is clearly a visual defect should never be supported, particularly in such a way as this.

As I said, I personally believe you should not only remove the hood, but also add Revan's classic cape. This is Darth Revan we're talking about; he should have the coolest armor in the game, but armor that is willingly left in a bugged state.

At the *VERY* least, add a new set of "Darth Revan's" items in new packs, but this time make those thing 100% accurate to his KotOR appearance, right down to having a sharper point on the "chin" of his mask, and his "Belt" being the ring with leather-straps.

Terrible decision. Something that is broken or not working as intended should be fixed, period. You are going to potentially have people upset either way, so why not err on the side of making things right? This decision really makes no sense. I don't care much about this particular armor piece, but this sets a bad precedent for dealing with future errors.

Pretty much this. I mean, seriously BW... You can't be serious about an answer like this. Everyone who knows Revan from Kotor wants the appearance to be fixed. This is the worst decision you could make. Can't even tell you how disappointed I am.

And as you already did with previous armor sets, I don't get it why you can't just do the same to one of the most prestigious lore items you can obtain in this game. Give the guys who want that ugly doublehood a classic version and release a correct version for us. (what will be for sure the majority, if not all)

Revan is the entire reason this game exists, and you're not going to put any real effort into making his armor look it's supposed to, but you'll give classic versions for phantom gear and the like? I am so sick of these types of answers. Are you kidding me? 50% of the reason I played this game as because I would finally find out what happened to Revan. Then you just sorta wrote him out. Then, once Revan's armor was released, I was at least satisfied that something about Revan in this game was cool, even if it didn't look right. But to find the bug, and then say you're not going to fix the bug for the armor set of the character who is the entire reason this game exists - you just made me decide. ESO I am waiting for you patiently. I have no intention of playing a game based on kotor when the devs refuse to do anything to pay any real homage to Kotor. Understand, I play because I am a big fan of Star Wars and of Kotor, not because I'm a fan of SWTOR. I enjoy this game quite a bit, but the devs for ESO are putting a great deal of effort to keep things accurate to their previously stated canon. If you can't fix a simple armor set, then I'm out. I may be a bigger Star Wars fan than an Elder Scrolls fan, but it's just an insult to Star Wars when devs have no respect for the characters that make people like Star Wars. The devs for ESO are more interested in making some obscure little detail accurate about some random ruin somewhere than you are about fixing the armor for Kotor's primary character. I can already see that in what's been put out for ESO, and by how their devs treat Elder Scrolls. If you can bother to start fixing the things that made people care for the old republic, then I'm sold. If not, then goodbye. Even if ESO bombs, I can find something else.

You, sir just read my mind 100%. I was planning on playing both teso and SWTOR as I am a huge fan of both KOTOR and TES, but such lack of respect for their own MAIN character (and only because some random guy who does not care about lore or Revan might object) kinda makes me wanna leave this game.

but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

Why not just do that? If it worked before what's wrong with doing it now?

Just adding that I would always prefer lore on armor and such take priority over a group of people wanting it a certain way just "because". And hey if there really is a ton of response to the contrary, then you would pretty much have a new "style" of chests you could start making for the CM. Double hooded trooper chest, double hooded Jedi knight set. Etc.

Personally I don't wear the set nor do I ever intend to. But I fear this sets too many negative precedents that it should be fixed out of principle. All you had to give as a reason on the spy master set and such was it was tied to a lore item and that answer should have been sufficient grounds to stand on regardless of complaint.

People wanting simple armor sets had a valid claim for simple armor. That response should have been met with the release of more simple armor. In this case it is a clipping issue. By those grounds you should release more player racesright now and not care about the clipping and call it a "feature" that it clips because tthat's what we have right now.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on the Revan “double hood” issue. After some investigation we realized that this was a display bug with the armor, as some have pointed out it isn’t intended to have the double hood. However, after discussing it, our current plan is to not fix the armor. Now I am sure you are asking why we would decide to not fix a bug and here is why.

One thing we have to remain very sensitive of when changing armor is that once we have implemented it in the live game, players grow attached to it. Although there may be some who are frustrated by the appearance not being 100% canonical, we have to be very sensitive to players who do actually enjoy the current appearance of the armor in the game. An example of this would be when we made changes to a few armor sets, such as the Spymaster’s set, due to display bugs. After making those changes players were understandably upset that we had now changed the appearance of an armor set which they had paid for, we want to make sure to not replicate this issue again.

I know there will be some of you who are unhappy about our choice to not adjust the double hoods but fear not, we are not making this decision lightly. In fact, we are going to continue to monitor this as we move forward. If we see a substantial number of players in favor of changing the double hoods, then we will do so but please understand that if we make this change in the future we will not be releasing a “classic” version of the Revan’s armor (as it exists now).

-eric

Why not just mail everybody who has a Revan Chestplate, the un-bugged one. You did that for the spymasters.

Oh, and don't you dare put in the "Classic version" of Revan's Chestplate unless it is the KOTOR one.

I swear, you guys can't make a competent decision.

why not just mail everybody who has a revan chestplate, the un-bugged one. You did that for the spymasters.

Oh, and don't you dare put in the "classic version" of revan's chestplate unless it is the kotor one.

qft..

I can understand if it did not appear canonically, but still had no clipping issues.

However, the issue with the hoods is a clipping issue. Its a bug.

The Robe of Volatile Force and other similar models, could basically be dyed to black, fixing the issue. However, those models are only available to light armor users. Perhaps make one of them adaptive?

At the very least some form of compromise has to be taken. Many people have shared their opinions, and unless Bioware actually tallied it, I am sure more people are on favor than concretely against..

I agree. It's not a matter of "his robes are gray" or "no they're black." The double-hoods clip through each other. It's a bug. Heck, if you look closely he seems to have 2.5 hoods. Why does he have so many hoods?

If the devs choose not to fix a graphics bug because it's too much work for little or no financial return then 'fine', that's their decision.....

But I ask: please, *please* don't act as though you're doing us any favors for *not* fixing what is clearly a bug and not an aesthetic decision.

Edited by willybot

I just want them to change it to true-black again, like it was before the "classic" gear update when it turned to the stale gray that it is now. :-/

Making it true-black again and adding a cape though would be twice as sweet!

I would put my vote in for fixing the double hood.

I stopped wearing mine because I couldn't take the clipping issues.

Please replace my Revan Chestplate with a non-bugged version.

Thanks!

Why do so many want a cape? They do realize that running around in armor with a cape makes them look like a seven year old playing 'Superman', right? They don't look cool, intimidating, or bad***. They look lame, childish, and amusing.

I would like the armor to go back to being true-black. Hopefully the planned armor dyes can be used to fix this for each individual person.

The hood thing sounds like someone made changes on top of changes and never "cleared" the previous versions, so they ended up getting rendered on top of each other.

Edited by Uldihaa

Why do so many want a cape? They do realize that running around in armor with a cape makes them look like a seven year old playing 'Superman', right? They don't look cool, intimidating, or bad***. They look lame, childish, and amusing.

So Vader was a superman rip off... Because superman wears armor... Seems legit.

Anyway, you don't need to wear an outfit with a cape if you don't want to. We are asking for the set of iconic character to look how it's supposed to, instead of having a bunch of random sith inquisitor armor pieces recoloured dark gray and renamed to "Revan's whatever".

Edited by Aelther

Why not just mail everybody who has a Revan Chestplate, the un-bugged one. You did that for the spymasters.

Oh, and don't you dare put in the "Classic version" of Revan's Chestplate unless it is the KOTOR one.

Well I agree that they should not release things that are bugged, but it's unrealistic to expect everything in an MMO to patch in without bugs. So......

Just a guess... they need to put their foot down at some point or the players will think that every whine will get some cheeze to go with it.

This is that point. No cheeze this time.

Might want to appeal it to the supreme court of MMOs and see if you can get some satisfaction.

Edited by Andryah

Hello BW, I am usually not browsing the forums very much because of all the whining, but I saw this posted on reddit. I think you made a good choice based on previous experience with changing armors. I for one kind of like it this way, and I guess I would not care to much whether or not it got "fixed". Just wanted to pop in and say that most forum posts are about whining, and I am glad you focus on a bit more important problems than this bug. Keep up the work on getting those hoods down hehe ;)

Best regards