PvP Healing - No Love

Ubuu

No offense but what makes you entitled to an MVP vote? Just because you're a healer? I get tired of healers acting as if they're the factor that can make or break a warzone. They are just as valuable as a dps or tank, no more. But I suppose when you have players dependent on pocket heals (they know who they are) its easy to forget that not everyone is. I and a lot of other people don't vote for a player based on scoreboard stats, but how well they perform in the match objective wise. And besides, its just one extra warzone comm I think you'll survive. ;) Edited by PoliteAssasin

Well, I do agree that healers should be more noted only due to the fact it's much more difficult to get medals when all you're doing is healing. It's more of a courtesy to "tip" a healer with a vote after the match if they're located on the bottom end of the medal pool. That's how I view it.

Now on the other end, healers just focusing on getting high numbers shouldn't be praised. It kills me in voidstar matches seeing a healer tunneled in on their heals that they let some opponent cap only a few feet away from them. Not to mention healers not moving to unguarded sides or grabbing the huttball due to wanting to maximize their numbers. It can be rather frustrating. Nice heals though sir.

I thought tipping the healer was an old nicety from back when they got stanked on the medals. It's really not all that hard anymore to rack up a healthy number of medals healing. You get attacker and defender points. You get credit for kills where you were healing the person scoring the kill. You medals for single heals, medals for total healing. And if there are plenty of opportunities to throw a little dps. I agree it's a nice gesture for the folks who are willing to be a priority target which can be pretty miserable, but it's not like MVP votes are the only way healers are getting rewards for the warzone.

Well, I do agree that healers should be more noted only due to the fact it's much more difficult to get medals when all you're doing is healing. It's more of a courtesy to "tip" a healer with a vote after the match if they're located on the bottom end of the medal pool. That's how I view it.

This seems backwards to me, but I think most people tend to give out their votes arbitrarily. That said, I have to disagree with your comment about it being difficult to medal as a healer. Sometimes circumstances don't lend themselves to performance, but in my experience those matches are somewhat rare. If a level 50 healer is failing to hit eight medals on a regular basis, they should probably take a good hard look at their gameplay.

Now on the other end, healers just focusing on getting high numbers shouldn't be praised. It kills me in voidstar matches seeing a healer tunneled in on their heals that they let some opponent cap only a few feet away from them. Not to mention healers not moving to unguarded sides or grabbing the huttball due to wanting to maximize their numbers. It can be rather frustrating. Nice heals though sir.

My favorite are the sages / sorcs who cut themselves solely to give themselves damage to heal.

This seems backwards to me, but I think most people tend to give out their votes arbitrarily. That said, I have to disagree with your comment about it being difficult to medal as a healer. Sometimes circumstances don't lend themselves to performance, but in my experience those matches are somewhat rare. If a level 50 healer is failing to hit eight medals on a regular basis, they should probably take a good hard look at their gameplay.

This. You guys get credit for kills now, which gives you dps medals. I vote for people who I see that perform well and help the team win the match, I do not just vote for a healer because they are there. What some healers seem to forget is that they don't get those nice numbers without a dps or tank peeling and taunting for them. Everyone plays a role that in the end contributes to the team's victory.

I sorta just vote at random and forget to check how many votes I get

I just really can't make myself care

I've been a major factor in victory for some warzones and received zero votes

And I've been watching family guy in others w/ tunnel vision just spamming the 1 key and get like 5 votes

It doesn't really matter

I sorta just vote at random and forget to check how many votes I get

I just really can't make myself care

I've been a major factor in victory for some warzones and received zero votes

And I've been watching family guy in others w/ tunnel vision just spamming the 1 key and get like 5 votes

It doesn't really matter

I vote for healers who play while watching the walking dead. Healers who play while watching family guy, I vote to kick :eek:

I have noticed a shift in that the healers are receiving a lot less votes, probably because most people are queuing as premades and only vote for each other.

Last night I played 5 WZs received 1 vote yet was constantly the top healer by at least 100k but to be fair we are lucky if we get guarded anymore in PVP as most of the good tanks have gone and everyone wants to just race to 300k+ dmg.

I may start putting the target above my own head soon, "Gullible healer here, please come and smash me in to the ground as my teammates don't know how to peel off me" :)

I have different voting strategies that I cycle between.

Someone I'm grouped with

Random person that stayed until after I was done looking at stats

Top Healer

Someone who stayed to defend a node

Someone who is having a bad day

Someone who used an epic maneuver I haven't seen before(always on the look out)

Someone in my group that I couldn't vote for previously

Someone who surprised me

Here it is, my formula to thwart healers their well deserved MVP votes.

I try to pay attention to things like who distracted or cc'd enemies allowing my team to cap a door, who made a clutch pull preventing their ball carrier from suffering a death in the fire pit, who guarded a node nobody wanted to and made prompt and accurate inc calls, or who slowed a group of reinforcements responding to an inc call while you're trying to take a node. These things don't show on the scoreboard yet directly and significantly effect the outcome of the match. Although MVP votes don't amount to any significant reward, I feel it's nice to know that your efforts were recognized since making your team win often comes at the expense of personal stats on the scoreboard.

Here it is, my formula to thwart healers their well deserved MVP votes.

I KNEW IT!

Just kidding, I tend to vote for node guards. Frequently the most boring job, but one of the most imparitive. Or someone who was really communicative in a positive way.

I do the same as Jaadis and Approxy. Node guards (that don't suck,) people I am grouped with or some one that stood out during the match. Oh and if a player comes in way late because we had a crybaby, ragequitter expletive and said player still puts forth effort. XP

As a healer it seems to be all or nothing most matches, which is fine. It's only 1 comm difference isn't it? I feel bad for the other players if I get lots of votes. o_o;

I also have to agree that healers focusing only on boosting their numbers vs paying attention to objectives are rather worthless and I'd rather have a team with no healers if it means everyone is going to actually stop caps/plants or cc or whatever. (Not to say that's what OP did but to reiterate a possibility for why healers don't always get votes.)

Do you heal? I find this frustrating because I solo queue a lot, and getting 8 medals as a healer on a losing team is a pain. And for the record, solo queuing on the imp side leads to losing a lot.

As a healer you get 3 given medals. (If you're decently geared). 2.5k heal, 5k heal, and 75k healing. Past those medals, you become completely team dependent on getting more. If you're not on a good team, there's not much you can do. So yes, I find voting for those players a minor courtesy.

Do you heal? I find this frustrating because I solo queue a lot, and getting 8 medals as a healer on a losing team is a pain. And for the record, solo queuing on the imp side leads to losing a lot.

As a healer you get 3 given medals. (If you're decently geared). 2.5k heal, 5k heal, and 75k healing. Past those medals, you become completely team dependent on getting more. If you're not on a good team, there's not much you can do. So yes, I find voting for those players a minor courtesy.

People think we like running around like headless chickens getting lightsaber burns on the backside :)

Do you heal?

Yes.

I find this frustrating because I solo queue a lot, and getting 8 medals as a healer on a losing team is a pain. And for the record, solo queuing on the imp side leads to losing a lot.

That's why I made the disclaimer regarding circumstance. If you're on a team that's poorly geared, up against a team that's not, bad things happen; people go from 100% - 0 before you can get a cast off, don't live the full 20 seconds for HOTs to really count for anything, etc. Heck, I've been in matches where healers are left to solo guard nodes. But I find that those matches are somewhat rare, at least pub-side. Besides, every other role is team-dependent as well, it's not a factor exclusive to healers.

In a typical match, 300k heals should also be a given. Killing blow medal is pretty much a given. I'd think that 2.5k dmg single blow would be, too, but I don't have a sage so I can't speak for that class. So that's six. As Shepard mentioned, there're also the kill medals we receive (provided the team manages to kill something). With medals at 10 and 25 kills, that right there makes eight medals. Then, in addition, you've got attacker and defender medals that you get pretty much just for being at an objective. Plus the free medals if your team wins. Etc. etc. etc.

TL;DR: healers don't have it any worse than any other class, provided you don't mind spending one warzone after another with a target on your head.

* I should also add that I'm talking about the 50s bracket. Lowbie pvp is another story altogether.

300k healing isn't a given. Especially when focused on a losing team. Killing blows comes from hoping to get a last shot on an enemy, one you didn't burn down yourself, so yes it may be an easier medal but I would hardly call it given. The 10 to 25 kill medals are again, based on your team (10 kills not to bad). Lastly, 2.5k damage? Maybe for your class, but I have to be lucky to get that damage on mine. (Almost full elite merc) .

I look at it this way. Tanks are handed medals for popping guard and taunts. I don't think anyone would argue that. Dps are given more room to apply themselves to different medal pools. Damage, kills, solo kills, taunts, hits. etc. Basically, they have a much wider array of medals that apply to them. Quite frankly, I feel healers do not. Though I wish there was a time spent cc'd medal and damage taken medal :D. Maybe you have it much kinder on the pub side, but I'm basing this off my experience.

Yes.

That's why I made the disclaimer regarding circumstance. If you're on a team that's poorly geared, up against a team that's not, bad things happen; people go from 100% - 0 before you can get a cast off, don't live the full 20 seconds for HOTs to really count for anything, etc. Heck, I've been in matches where healers are left to solo guard nodes. But I find that those matches are somewhat rare, at least pub-side. Besides, every other role is team-dependent as well, it's not a factor exclusive to healers.

In a typical match, 300k heals should also be a given. Killing blow medal is pretty much a given. I'd think that 2.5k dmg single blow would be, too, but I don't have a sage so I can't speak for that class. So that's six. As Shepard mentioned, there're also the kill medals we receive (provided the team manages to kill something). With medals at 10 and 25 kills, that right there makes eight medals. Then, in addition, you've got attacker and defender medals that you get pretty much just for being at an objective. Plus the free medals if your team wins. Etc. etc. etc.

TL;DR: healers don't have it any worse than any other class, provided you don't mind spending one warzone after another with a target on your head.

* I should also add that I'm talking about the 50s bracket. Lowbie pvp is another story altogether.

If your a commando you can also throw a sticky grenade and wait right before it goes off then use your stock strike to get the 5k damage medal if both crit. At least that works for me as a healer :D

300k healing isn't a given. Especially when focused on a losing team. Killing blows comes from hoping to get a last shot on an enemy, one you didn't burn down yourself, so yes it may be an easier medal but I would hardly call it given. The 10 to 25 kill medals are again, based on your team (10 kills not to bad). Lastly, 2.5k damage? Maybe for your class, but I have to be lucky to get that damage on mine. (Almost full elite merc) .

I look at it this way. Tanks are handed medals for popping guard and taunts. I don't think anyone would argue that. Dps are given more room to apply themselves to different medal pools. Damage, kills, solo kills, taunts, hits. etc. Basically, they have a much wider array of medals that apply to them. Quite frankly, I feel healers do not. Though I wish there was a time spent cc'd medal and damage taken medal :D. Maybe you have it much kinder on the pub side, but I'm basing this off my experience.

If anything healers have it easier than a dps would, since dps do not get medals based off your healing, (directly speaking) but healers do for dps. Also if your a merc, rocket punch should crit for over 2.5k regardless of your spec. Sticky grenade should crit for 2.5-3k as well.

If only I had sticky grenades.... Seriously though, you get stickys that hit up to 5k?? Lameeee.

No I do not get sticky's that hit up to 5k. Although I wish I did:). For some reason, Swtor adds my damage of stock strike on top of sticky grenade. So if they both crit for up to 2.5k then I also get the 5k medal. I wish I had recorded it! It's pretty Ogtastic if ya ask me.

I find as far as racking up medals on my toons my tank brings in a lot more medals 10+ most matches (even if on losing side), my healer and dps are about the same (8+) depending on the group composition.

Usually I will give my vote to in this order:

- fellow guildie

- healer

- tank

- dps

unless someone does exceptionally well in their stats (i.e. 100k+ protection for a tank, 500k+ healing for a healer, 500k+ dmg for a dps) or plays the objectives well.

Sometimes I wish I could give more than 1 MVP vote as WZs are won or lost by the team not necessarily by an individual

Having PvP'd with both my 50's i would tend to agree and disagree.

Healers do a lot of work for squat when it comes down to it. I've only ever seen a few medals for being a healer.

With that said, DPS get just as much and on the same terms, if you do well you get them. Same as healers.

Tanks. What do tanks get? Protection medals! They bring in the comms. But! Only if you remember to protect and only if it works. On many occasions i have had my Guard not work at all. Or have it completely negated?

I always expect at least 1 MVP at the end of a match because i expect to have someone on my team to earn mine. As a healer this is hard to do, as a dps, its slightly easier, and as a tank it depends on a lot of things.