Mass Static Barrier

Kuronan

With the Beta up and running on 2.0, a lot of people are praising Bioware for the changes (except the Smash Monkey buffs, which are still hotly debated.)

Now, I could ask for three things here, and though I will ask for the other two, I want to emphasize the last because it's what I want most.

More Armor for Cloth. Not just Sorcerers, but Cloth overall.

Change Cloud Mind to a Sorcerer form of Force Camouflage.

Now, those two would please me greatly, but they are not important, and could be considered side requests...

However, what I really want is for a spell that would apply Static Barrier to the ENTIRE Ops group the Sorcerer is currently in...

I'm thinking for balance, this would be a 2 second cast spell, have a 1 minute cooldown (and THAT is probably wishful thinking) and only available to Corruption spec, instead of a general ability (because I think that would be pretty OP in and of itself)

I'd like the Sorcerer Community thoughts on such an ability.

With the Beta up and running on 2.0, a lot of people are praising Bioware for the changes (except the Smash Monkey buffs, which are still hotly debated.)

Now, I could ask for three things here, and though I will ask for the other two, I want to emphasize the last because it's what I want most.

More Armor for Cloth. Not just Sorcerers, but Cloth overall.

Change Cloud Mind to a Sorcerer form of Force Camouflage.nope. not something i think a sorc should get

Now, those two would please me greatly, but they are not important, and could be considered side requests...

However, what I really want is for a spell that would apply Static Barrier to the ENTIRE Ops group the Sorcerer is currently in... i think something like that could work but it should cost just as much force or a bit more then if you did one at a time

I'm thinking for balance, this would be a 2 second cast spell, have a 1 minute cooldown (and THAT is probably wishful thinking) and only available to Corruption spec, instead of a general ability (because I think that would be pretty OP in and of itself)

I'd like the Sorcerer Community thoughts on such an ability.

not anything that i think we will see :)

Well I said the Force Camoflague thing for the sake of saying it, I think it'd be pretty epic if my (ICly) dual classing Sorc/Shadow could actually stealth on his Sorc just temporarily... I didn't really mean to make that a priority...

But yea, this should cost a lot of Force, maybe even more than Revivification, but it's something I'd like to see. Mind you, I want it to apply STATIC BARRIER so that I can't put two barriers on a guy and he can completely ignore the more damaging attacks, but I would like something that made it so I didn't need 14 seconds to shield the entire ops group...

Something like that, will most likely never happen.

And, imho, with good reason.

The bubble is essentially one of your heals. It might not directly heal your allies but it prevents damage, which is another way to keep your team up. That said, it should be treated as a heal and should be used appropriately. A "group bubble" skill would basically be an "easy" mode for Sorcs while we are supposed to be the ones deciding who and when to bubble.

We already have revivification that can potentially heal your entire team if everyone is standing close enough. I very much doubt we will ever get another group-wide ability.

It's like Operatives asking for a group-wide kolto probe ability. It would be way too much.

Edited by TheNahash