Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel Launches April 14

EricMusco

Can we get some clarification on what exactly is going to happen on the 9th for those who did not preorder or preordered after the Jan 7th cutoff date? The reason I ask is because there is also a major game update coming with the expansion. This update includes some very drastic changes to the skill trees that might make those 5 days of waiting to be a but frustrating for some. Will we be able to gain XP during these 5 days but NOT access Makeb and L55 content or do we have to wait until the 14th (for those who preordered late)? Will we be able to spend our newly converted comms on the Makeb planetary or Classic vendors? Will we still have access to the current skill trees (31 points to top tier skill) until the 14th? In short, is 2.0 with all its changes releasing on the 9th or 14th when all preorders have access to it?

This needs an answer.

Is patch 2.0 deployed on the 9th but only eligible players have acces to Makeb and related content?

Or do you only get the patch 2.0 changes when you have access to the new expansion?

Same question reworded for clarity. What happens to players on the 9th who don't have early access?

Edited by TrigPt

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may seem a dumb question but I haven't heard anyone answer this or mention it. Are all of the classes getting 5 more level of CLASS story? IE, did they get the voice actors to come back and record more class levels? If so, I'm really curious how things will pick up from finishing the previous class story.

They have stated very clearly that there are no class stories, only planet quests. So let's all hope is so amazing that we don't mind doing it over and over again!

I couldn't find that answer. Well that sucks; that's basically the part I enjoy the most. I have a sad feeling this expansion is going to bore me quickly. : / Hopefully they'll add to the class stories eventually. I don't mean to pout but I've been playing since launch; I have almost every class maxed out. At least if I was going to get new class stories for each of my 50s that would have been more enjoyable. Sigh.

This needs an answer.

Is patch 2.0 deployed on the 9th but only eligible players have acces to Makeb and related content?

Or do you only get the patch 2.0 changes when you have access to the new expansion?

Same question reworded for clarity. What happens to players on the 9th who don't have early access?

The answer is all the patch 2.0 changes will go live. Things that you do have access to without RotHC like new talent trees will be available to you. However, Makeb and all it's features like getting to 55 will not be accessible until you purchase RotHC and wait for it's launch on the 14th.

Hope this helps clarify it for you.

The answer is all the patch 2.0 changes will go live. Things that you do have access to without RotHC like new talent trees will be available to you. However, Makeb and all it's features like getting to 55 will not be accessible until you purchase RotHC and wait for it's launch on the 14th.

Based on that, help me to clarify this, after the deployment of the patch on the 9th I'm not eligible to early access will I be able to gain XP on my level 50 toons?

SORRY

I purchased early access to "The Rise of the Hutt cartel", and i purchased it SPECIFICALLY so that i could start playing the NEW content, and NOW you tell me we can't even get into Makeb???

WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THIS?

Early access is early access, what did I buy early access for if we don't get early access

Edited by marginal_error

SORRY

I purchased early access to "The Rise of the Hutt cartel", and i purchased it SPECIFICALLY so that i could start playing the NEW content, and NOW you tell me we can't even get into Makeb???

Early access is early access, what did I buy early access for if we don't get early access

Early access is enabled only if you bought the pre-order before the 7th January else you'll got the pre-order items bonus but you'll start Maked and your path from 50 to 55 on the 14th. That's what I understood reading various threads/posts in here.

SORRY

That post applies to non-early access people.

You will be able to play Makeb on the 9th if you have early access.

That post applies to non-early access people.

You will be able to play Makeb on the 9th if you have early access.

Thank you for the clarification. I bought it when it became available specifically for that.

Thanks you, and my apologies for the nerd rage.

Early access is enabled only if you bought the pre-order before the 7th January else you'll got the pre-order items bonus but you'll start Maked and your path from 50 to 55 on the 14th. That's what I understood reading various threads/posts in here.

This. It was spelled out for you way back in November. In fact, I think they actually extended it past Jan 7 to later that month, iirc.

If you pre-bought after the fact expecting to get early access, you were just foolish/incapable of reading. Don't blame Bioware for your own ignorance/stupidity.

Finally..

Scheduled Maintenance: April 8th-9th, 2013

On April 8th at 6PM PDT (April 9th, 1AM GMT) all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.0 will be implemented during this downtime.

After maintenance, Early Access will begin for those who preordered Rise of the Hutt Cartel by January 7th, 2013. For more information and announcements about this exciting new Digital Expansion, please visit our Digital Expansion Page.

Details are as follows:

Date :Monday April 8th- Tuesday April 9th

Duration: 6 hours

Time: April 8th, 6PM PDT (April 9th, 1AM GMT ) - April 9th, 12AM PDT (7AM GMT)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by marginal_error

So will you be releasing this update in the stores? cuz I really cant buy it thru internet. xD dont ask why I have my reasons. just need to know if there will be any chance that you will be releasing it at a physical store. If not then why?

So will you be releasing this update in the stores? cuz I really cant buy it thru internet. xD dont ask why I have my reasons. just need to know if there will be any chance that you will be releasing it at a physical store. If not then why?

I wondered the same thing as my download speed has been ridiculously slow lately because of connection issues. Nonetheless over a ridiculous time of a day and two nights I'm downloaded. But I'm nearly certain it will never be released in stores unless it's compiled with the actual game for purchase at some time. That's why it's their 'digital expansion' I'm afraid.

MY issue is with how up til last week, the launcher advertised preorder gets early access, nothing said about a cutoff date of jan 9, I didnt come back to the game til febuary.

False Advertise much Bioware?

Utter fail

MY issue is with how up til last week, the launcher advertised preorder gets early access, nothing said about a cutoff date of jan 9, I didnt come back to the game til febuary.

False Advertise much Bioware?

Utter fail

Cutoff was Jan 7th. . . . and after Jan 7th I believe they removed EVERYTHING that mentioned early-access. Not once did I ever see the words EARLY ACCESS without Jan 7th plastered all over it. . .

You have three days left. Stop complaining.

Cutoff was Jan 7th. . . . and after Jan 7th I believe they removed EVERYTHING that mentioned early-access. Not once did I ever see the words EARLY ACCESS without Jan 7th plastered all over it. . .

You have three days left. Stop complaining.

I wish I had done a screen capture, because it said Pre-Order for early access, and I'm not the only one that had seen this

Furthermore, I have every right to complain, they took the money readily enough, you pay for a service, you have every expectation to recieve the goods or services.

Ever go into a McDonalds and order a big mac meal, and they tell you you can get your meal later?

Edited by HomerNC

I wish I had done a screen capture, because it said Pre-Order for early access, and I'm not the only one that had seen this

I wish you had, too -- because it didn't say that.

It did say, however, that if you ordered by April 1 you'd get an insta-55 character.

/sarcasm

Notice how you can say anything you want online? I came back AFTER the cut-off, and surprise surprise -- even looking at the launcher EVERY SINGLE DAY I never saw that. I understood that I missed it, and like an adult, dealt with that. Once again. You have 3 days. No amount of complaining will change that. We've seen people come in here and post this crap daily, and you're always proven wrong.

Furthermore, I have every right to complain, they took the money readily enough, you pay for a service, you have every expectation to recieve the goods or services.

Ever go into a McDonalds and order a big mac meal, and they tell you you can get your meal later?

You're kidding me, right? NICE Strawman.

You didn't pay for early access. You paid for the expansion, which releases on the 14th. Seeing as how it isn't the 14th, you don't deserve jack squat.

You will receive it. You're acting like you aren't getting what you paid for -- the LAUNCH DATE is APRL 14th. EARLY ACCESS was a GIFT solely given to those who pre-ordered by the date that was Announced 3 weeks BEFORE the deadline.

DEAL with it.