Which skill tree while leveling?

Stebbinn

Early on I enjoyed the saboteur tree, the low cool-down on thermal grenade + 30% crit damage made clearing groups of mobs very easy. I think I ran something close to this around level 28, its been a long time so its hard to remember haha

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700ZbIMbRob.3

Also with contingency charges + insurrections energy is not a problem on longer fights

I say saboteur because while Dirty Fighting and Sharpshooter trees are awesome, most of their awesome stuff comes at level 30+ (trick shot for ss, wounding shots for dirty fighting ).

Past level 30 I swapped between them continuously. They are all great trees.

Edited by BardaTheHobo

Once you have enough points for incediary grenade, sab is probably the best solo spec of the three

For instances and flashpoints while leveling id recommend DF or SS until you have enough points for IG in sab

at max level all three trees kick ***

One of the reasons I love my gunslinger and my sniper more than all my others are for threads like this :) The class is so well designed that you can literally choose anyone at any given time and be successful. Your question as to which is *best* is going to be subjective (unless there's a "leveling theory crafter").

My suggestion: try them all! Once you can get Shrap Bomb for DF or Shock Charge for Sab you will have a blast, and that's what it's about. With SS you can loloneshot some of the mobs and once you get Trick Shot it's just stupid.

• 2 weeks later...
Sharpshooter > All (thats not counting Hybrids) Sharpshooter is a great all rounder it covers very well in the Burst department and your rotation can be stopped in the middle to allow for target changes or a Quickdraw. It also utilises the 35m Range of Gunslinger the most. If your looking for mobility though you probably want Dirty Fighting, Its the most mobile of the 3.