Trying to send video of cheating in PVP SWTOR refuses to reply

ulusid

It has become painfully obvious to me that the SWTOR people care 0 about the game and how much some players violate the TOS. I have followed every forum post I can find about how to send the devs the videos and have tried to contact swtor employee with the links. I have gotten 0 messages back from him in regards to the best format to send him videos or if he if wants them. Someone from SWTOR help me out and explain why you would ask us to submit video evidence and then you refuse to reply to us when he tell you we have it. Before anyone starts the replies about there is no cheating in pvp and its lag or i dont understand the game, this post is to ask for help from SWTOR team on how to submit the videos thats it.

What might seem cheating on your side might not be cheating on their side. As an operative running the ball on Huttball we get called hackers often because the game can't process rolls very well, same with leap nowadays.

Maybe they're not getting back to you because there's no cheating happening. Just because it looks like cheating doesn't mean it is. Lag and horrible game engine come into play.

They rarely (if ever) reply to private messages regarding ToS or RoC violations, because to do so opens them up to the possibility of violating the rule forbidding discussion of actions against other players in anything other than very generic terms.

It has become painfully obvious to me that the SWTOR people care 0 about the game and how much some players violate the TOS. I have followed every forum post I can find about how to send the devs the videos and have tried to contact swtor employee with the links. I have gotten 0 messages back from him in regards to the best format to send him videos or if he if wants them. Someone from SWTOR help me out and explain why you would ask us to submit video evidence and then you refuse to reply to us when he tell you we have it. Before anyone starts the replies about there is no cheating in pvp and its lag or i dont understand the game, this post is to ask for help from SWTOR team on how to submit the videos thats it.

They will never reply with any more details due to privacy reasons all you can do is hope the video along with the details work out in the end for the player base.

• Dev Post

As some others in the thread have said, we won't ever respond to a report of cheating/botting, etc with any kind of status update due to privacy reasons. The best method would be to send the details to me in a PM.

I do try to respond to each PM and at least acknowledge I received it, but I receive a lot of PMs and so I don't always do that. Just know that if you send something to me it isn't falling into a void, I do check them and pass them on as needed!

-eric

Wow! It appears none of you, including eric, actually read the OP's post. He asked in a pm what format the video should be in or if they even wanted it. I didn't read anything in the post about him wanting a status update on the cheater. It would have been nice if Eric would have replied that any video format is fine or mentioned the preferred format or that they don't want videos, that way others would know. Edited by acidburncpt

Wow! It appears none of you, including eric, actually read the OP's post. He asked in a pm what format the video should be in or if they even wanted it. I didn't read anything in the post about him wanting a status update on the cheater. It would have been nice if Eric would have replied that any video format is fine or mentioned the preferred format or that they don't want videos, that way others would know.

I apologize for not being more explicit in my reply, but I was in a hurry. I can see how it may appear that I didn't read the OP's post, but I assure you, I did. I was replying on principle, rather than specifics, because only two people in this thread know what OP's PM to Eric said, and that would be the OP, and Eric.

Based on rather extensive personal experience, most reports of wrongdoing (90% or so) contain some sort of identifying information about the person being reported. If the OP's PM said something along the lines of "X is engaged in (any activity that may warrant investigation) and I have video of it, what format should I use to send it?" then Eric could not reply without a carefully crafted/worded message full of disclaimers and caveats, and even then, would still run the risk of exposing the company to liability issues. Any such reply could be viewed by some as tacit admission/acknowledgement of an investigation into X's activities, which would violate privacy rules. However, if the OP's PM was merely a generic "I have video showing something I think you should see, what format should I send it in?" then Eric could reply to that without the liability risk.

First I in no way want a response to the allegation of exploiting or cheating.

Second I have read that you send all the evidence over to be looked at.

Third and most important I still have not gotten the answer to my question what is the best way to send you the video clip showing the player doing activity outside what I see as normal.

As i thought the replies turned into o its not cheating or we cant reply to those messages, which is fine, but not one of the replies has given me an answer to the original question of what is the format you want the video clip in and why is it no one will reply with that information. I'm getting the feeling that the guy who replied under Eric's post is correct and no one actually read what it was I was asking for.

Edited by ulusid

As some others in the thread have said, we won't ever respond to a report of cheating/botting, etc with any kind of status update due to privacy reasons. The best method would be to send the details to me in a PM.

I do try to respond to each PM and at least acknowledge I received it, but I receive a lot of PMs and so I don't always do that. Just know that if you send something to me it isn't falling into a void, I do check them and pass them on as needed!

-eric

I can speak as to Eric replying on hacking a exploiting when i send him info he reply's to mine every time. He good bout doing so and all you have to do is upload the video to YouTube and send the link to him in a PM.

Edited by Neoforcer

That's honestly all I really needed to know of if they wanted it emailed to them as per the forum I looked at. I really don't understand why I can't get a simple answer "here is the best way to get it to us". I'm sure they get tons of reports and PM but it just feels like they don't really care if they get it or not if I have to post on here and still don't get a response other that what felt like a half glanced over look at it.

-eric

i did sent you multiple mails about gamebreaking exploits currently usable in warzones (e.g. queing up with a group of ten) and you didnt even bother to reply.

At this point your statement that you look through everything is nothing but a lie. At least acknowledge that youre heavily understaffed in communication department. :rolleyes:

Its nothing but a slap to my face when you keep lieing like this. Also wheres the updates on the leaderboards? This game turned into a farce

Edited by Qwurdilu

• Dev Post
Wow! It appears none of you, including eric, actually read the OP's post. He asked in a pm what format the video should be in or if they even wanted it. I didn't read anything in the post about him wanting a status update on the cheater. It would have been nice if Eric would have replied that any video format is fine or mentioned the preferred format or that they don't want videos, that way others would know.

Apologies if that is true. I took format to mean PM, email, etc. not video format.

To answer that specifically, I recommend posting an unlisted YouTube video (so that you aren't calling out players in any format) and then send that link along with details to me in a forum PM.

We absolutely want those reports so please send them on!