KoTOR movie RUMOR

TheBBP

Remember, it's a RUMOR.

Drew Karpyshyn - the man that created the scenario and much of the dialogue in the STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. He also worked on JADE EMPIRE and STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC. Along with writing MASS EFFECT and MASS EFFECT 2. Well he left BIOWARE back in February of last year to work on "screenwriting" and it seems that BIOWARE is a hot bed of rumor regarding the notion that Drew Karpyshyn is working up a screenplay for a film version of KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. Is this true? Or just the idle gossip of hard working game designers at BIOWARE? I've reached out to Drew Karpyshyn and as of this posting I've yet to hear back. On his personal website he states that he has not yet produced or sold any screenplays and that he's nearly completed his first script and will be looking for an agent to sell it shortly. With his rather all-star status in games, I'm sure whatever Drew is working on currently is likely to be something worth looking at.

I wonder, where is the original source is for the idea that he left Bioware to write a screenplay? Every interview I've read since he left has suggested he left to focus on writing a fantasy novel, Children of Fire, which is roughly about a struggle between templars and mages (very Dragon Age). His trilogy is coming out soon in fact so I doubt he has time to dedicate to writing screenplays.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-20-the-writer-who-left-bioware-eurogamer-interviews-drew-karpyshyn

With the stars of the original Star Wars films talking about reprising their roles for the new film in the coming years I would imagine that the franchise will move forward in time to the Skywalker and Solo / Skywalker children, but that is simply my opinion.

Edited by darthkora

The story of Revan can rival that of Darth Vader. I fully approve of it becoming a movie and I hope they make it happen.

I think it is a little late for disney to change the direction of their movies. the Revan story is my favotite, I think he would rival darth Bane, but it wouldn't make awhole trilogy, unless the drew it out, like peter jackson did with the hobbit, which was stupid.

Getting back on track though, the swtor theme is flexible enough, you could make a story out of any of the charectors story line. I think that if they did, they would probably use a jedi like before. It would be really intriging if they didn't. But if they did use kotor, I am pretty sure they would not make a movie out of kotor2, cause it sucked.

But if they did use kotor, I am pretty sure they would not make a movie out of kotor2, cause it sucked.

KotOR II was far from "sucking." The game was just forced to release unfinished. In many ways, it greatly improved upon KotOR. Much of the story was cut out and chopped up to meet the release deadline, but the TSL Restoration Mod restored most of the lost content and makes the game way more complete, as it was intended.

KotOR II was far from "sucking." The game was just forced to release unfinished. In many ways, it greatly improved upon KotOR. Much of the story was cut out and chopped up to meet the release deadline, but the TSL Restoration Mod restored most of the lost content and makes the game way more complete, as it was intended.

Well, it has a nice way of complementing the first kotor, i supose, but I think revan will always be my favorite Sith/Jedi also in the second Kotor, the draw of the darkside just isn't there like it is with revan. Plus, the sith lords that play the ultimate darth juist aren't as oposing, although i liked that you could level up passed 30.

Drew himself made it clear that this was a rumour and no such screenplay was ever written by himself.

Well, it has a nice way of complementing the first kotor, i supose, but I think revan will always be my favorite Sith/Jedi also in the second Kotor, the draw of the darkside just isn't there like it is with revan. Plus, the sith lords that play the ultimate darth juist aren't as oposing, although i liked that you could level up passed 30.

Ironic that you dislike KotOR II but like Revan, who's entire back-story is presented in the second game and not the first.

Edited by LadyKulvax