Questions on Moddable Gear and Endgame

Hirilonde

Alright, this is probably old hat to a lot of people, but I've been away from the game for a year, and things have changed. I have no intention of being anything but casual, but being casual doesn't excuse being ignorant.

I hate how most of the endgame gear looks. I've spent a lot of time putting together my orange gear and building my look, and I'm happy with it, and I've prefer it to wearing a radar dish on my head and tie fighter wing shoulder pads. That's subjective, of course.

In the old days, you couldn't just run with Orange gear, and rip the mods out of your Tionese or Rakata or Columni, because of the Augments that gear had which made it inherently superior. Now we have augment slots, and I want to make sure I'm doing this right.

If i get a piece of gear, say Rakata or Black Hole, and rips the mods and augments out of it, and place them into an equivalent piece of orange gear with an appropriate level augment slot, will it be the same stats, or is there something unrecoverable linked to that ugly, ugly armor shell?

Adaptive gear or other orange gear of the similar type, I'm guessing light armor for you can be fitted with ripped out mods and be identical for stats except for as per previous poster the set bonus.

If you've a mind, you can recover your set bonus with the individual armorings you can buy for black hole comms. Personally I moved away from all standard gear sets even before adaptive armor and don't miss the bonuses.

You can rip the mods, enhancements and armorings out of say, rakata and tionese, even any other end-game gear, and put them in orange armor, however, you have to place the specific armoring in the correct piece, for example, you have to take the armoring of the chest piece of the rakata gear, and you have to put it into the chestpiece, otherwise the set bonus will not be carried over, if you for example put the chestpiece armoring into the gloves, the set bonus will be lost. You don't need to augment the gear to be able to put things into orange gear, augmenting an armor piece allows you to put an augment onto a piece of armor, this augment piece act similar to mods, enhancements, and armoring, it boosts your stats, you should wait until your character is 50, and you have chosen your gear, as it can cost anywhere from 100 - 250k to augment each piece of gear, if any of this doesn't make any sense, tell me and I will try and clear things up, or go into more detail.

Currently, War Hero (pvp) and Campaign (pve) are the only armorings which carry their set bonuses with them when moved from shell to shell. For the other sets which have bonuses, e.g. Tionese, the bonus is associated with the shell regardless of what's inside of it.

Also, set bonuses are for 2 or 4 pieces. I use my favorite-looking [orange] chest piece as the odd armor since it is what dictates the color unification of all the rest; the helm/gloves/legs/boots complete the set.