Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came back aftr a long time but im starting to remember some of the reasons i left.

It is perfectly understandable that issues happen, and they must be resolved. However, i've been playing 1 week already and the game has been 5-6 hours offline in just 1 WEEK. And now, again the same.

We are paying a subscription, it is gaming time that we are paying for. We continue to pay the several hours a month the server is offline. It's just ridiculous, i just came back and im already starting to feel the wish to leave again, ffs...

I'm basically in this boat - I'm well aware that its not possible to avoid all hiccups but 2 patches since starting to play again and both have been very problematic. If not for the double xp/gc week I don't think I would have ever had enough incentive to resub. It's not a good sign when you regret it and a week hasn't even passed.

I am sure they do. I am in a little town in Alabama. But near here we have a "Porktober fest". Beer and BBQ. Good times.

As for German cuisine, I am a huge fan. Sadly I have to fix my own. No one here makes a decent kraut, there is no schnitzel, can't even find a decent sausage without doing your own.

If I ever have the extra cash it is on my list (along with going back to Scotland). Not to get too personal, but you wouldn't happen to know any Amberger's or Amburgey's over there would you?

No but I'm not native to the area. I shall ask my MIL, she would be the one to know. I've only been here 15 years so I'm still a foreigner. ;)

Well, knock yourself out then. I think he's doing fine given the circumstances. Not sure what else you want him to do? He's communicating what's going on in this thread and not making any wild promises. Not sure why you're out for his blood.

Basic sociology. The mob mentality will not be denied. Then, when the mob can't get to the intended target, they find a new one. Sort of like invading Castle Frankenstein. If you can't breach the walls to burn the monster and doctor, you instead burn the farm-house and fields.

Which is exactly why I don't trust a true democracy. The herd/mob mentality makes people do very strange, dangerous and/or foolish things.

As for feeling like a foreigner, yup, same way in my little town. If you weren't born here you are "one of those people". ;)

I'm basically in this boat - I'm well aware that its not possible to avoid all hiccups but 2 patches since starting to play again and both have been very problematic. If not for the double xp/gc week I don't think I would have ever had enough incentive to resub. It's not a good sign when you regret it and a week hasn't even passed.

yeap same resub back today and server is down can see kinda why I stopped playing for

Hey Eric,

For how long the servers will be off? Because for european players it's 11.30 PM and we lost our day to wait for the maintenance and the bug correction.

Moreover we have no news on SWTOR's french social medias. Just wasting our time, waiting for news which never come ( teh last tweet was posted 6hours ago!! and we have no details off your issues)

I really do hope that you will give something to all the players for this gaming day lost.

Good day

i have to say something here. alot of the people in this thread have decided to try to crucify eric and NONE of this is his fault. hes not a coder, hes just a CSR. this means that he is the face (or in this case typed words) of the developers. this IS the fault of the developers that did not properly test their code. however, everyone makes mistakes and noone should be getting angry over a game. now i do agree that everyone should be compensated somehow, and if they cant extend the double xp event, then just send everyone enough command/xp boosts to cover the same amount of downtime (ie if downtime ends up being 24 hours, then send all level 70s 8 superior command boosts, as they last 3 hours each iirc). the less than 70s do the same thing but with xp boosts. just my 2 credits, that way everyone feels like they did lose any double xp time.

someone has to take the heat, this guy stepped up for that job. seriously, you can't fu*k up this bad and not expect to get some flak over it, people pay money for this, and if they work for that money they like to play video games on their off time

Hey Eric,

For how long the servers will be off? Because for european players it's 11.30 PM and we lost our day to wait for the maintenance and the bug correction.

Moreover we have no news on SWTOR's french social medias. Just wasting our time, waiting for news which never come ( teh last tweet was posted 6hours ago!! and we have no details off your issues)

I really do hope that you will give something to all the players for this gaming day lost.

Good day

they're still testing so no eta yet

no the guy is right everybody shoudl get compensaion ....yeah pretty sure Eric muscow pay from his own pocket for the codes...ow wait

The codes were not meant as compensation. They were meant as something fun to pass the time whilst we're all waiting. Compensation is something they (BW) are going to discuss after they get this mess sorted. I know it's easy to miss posts in a gargantuan thread like this but you can see what Eric said by using the gold "B" at the threads header on the forum and clicking through his posts.

Hey Eric,

Good day

I am in Baghdad Iraq and I its 0030 here I just lost my whole evening for playing as well.

Hey Eric,

Good day

Soon™

and for your French social media sites:

Bientôt™

haha suckers i got to play a hole 20 MINUTES of 5.4a today, only 2 reg arenas and a duel but haha

still i hope they actaully test a patch BEFORE releasing it next time.

That last line caused me to have flashbacks to a politician running off at the mouth. I think the line was something like, "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it".

I can almost envision the coder behind this patch saying, "You have to deploy the patch to the servers to see what I did"...

i'm sorry to hear about you're loss but i am glad he was an easy going guy i'm sure he and alf are both in heaven smiling at you and you're family

Thank You for your kind words. He has been gone since 1995, no matter how long its been he is always in my heart and he was in incredible person So he will never be forgotten.

Take Care & Be Well..........

Still no ETA but the team is actively testing a possible fix. Once I have updated information from that test, I will pass it on.

-eric

Told you! It will be fixed by EST 6-7pm - the start of US prime time (and up yours to us in the EU. At least Aussies were already in bed by the time all this shenanigans started). But after 5 years we're used to it hear. Back to Hearthstone and terrible TV...