[BUG] Loot chest doesn't unlock on boss death

Hi, it happened multiple times to me and my guildies that while doing flash-points, some Loot Chest were still locked after killing the boss. It happened to us in Mandalorians Raiders and in Call to Arm. We also noticed that it happens only when we wiped a couple of times on those bosses. This is quite annoying, please fix.

• 2 weeks later...
I assumed this was a purposeful thing to encourage people to not wipe. We wiped against the boarding party and didn't unlock the chest, so after finishing we ran it again and didn't wipe. I kind of like it, actually.

It's a bug. There's no way in hell that they thought it would be a good idea to not reward loot for killing the boss.

Let's be honest, nobody runs FP's for XP, they run them for loot. If this is a "feature" rather than a bug, it's quite possibly the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Now instead of groups doggedly determined to kill that final boss instead of giving up, you've got a bunch of quitters because nobodies going to go through the hardship of multiple wipes if there's no reward at the end. Which reminds me, why no loot for completing FP quests? They're some of the hardest instances in the game, yet you get no reward (other than some XP and a small credit reward) for completing them. This is going to end up making FP's extinct because once word gets out that some instances only drop loot for certain classes, it'll be impossible to get a group together (Cademimu anyone?). Everyone is just going to bypass them and do heroics instead. At least that way you're guaranteed to get something useful for your trouble.

Lol Mandilorian Raiders chest bugged for me the first time too.

Got a group and we wiped 3 times trying to figure out the correct order to kill the Imperials. On the 4th try, we succeded.

Chest was bugged. Glowed, yet wouldn't respond and open.

Haven't rerun it since. lol.

I honestly believe that it only happens when you try to do stupid stuff like kiting the boss away too far, or have people try to run away when it's a wipe.

We used to get the chest bugs quite often when we took down the hard modes the first times. Best ever was when not a single boss in BP dropped any loot.

However today when we cleared all hard modes not a single chest bugged, even if we died on 3 of the encounters. Even Revan gave us the chest and completed instance reward that people said has been totally broken.

I honestly believe that it only happens when you try to do stupid stuff like kiting the boss away too far, or have people try to run away when it's a wipe.

We used to get the chest bugs quite often when we took down the hard modes the first times. Best ever was when not a single boss in BP dropped any loot.

However today when we cleared all hard modes not a single chest bugged, even if we died on 3 of the encounters. Even Revan gave us the chest and completed instance reward that people said has been totally broken.

I dunno, we just had it happen to us on Boarding Party and all three champions died near the chest, we didn't do anything crazy like try to kite one of them out of the room either. On the other hand, last week we were able to kite the last boss of Cademimu clear out of the missile room and halfway down the hall but still got the loot (yes, I agree this is an exploit that needs to be fixed. we just wanted to see if we could do it, I know the missile room isn't hard if your group has half a brain). The difference is the Cademimu boss doesn't unlock a chest.

I am willing to bet that players trying to run away from a wipe probably has something to do with it though. As, IIRC, both times I've been present for a bugged chest, we had a player try to run away and break aggro during a wipe.

Hi, it happened multiple times to me and my guildies that while doing flash-points, some Loot Chest were still locked after killing the boss. It happened to us in Mandalorians Raiders and in Call to Arm. We also noticed that it happens only when we wiped a couple of times on those bosses. This is quite annoying, please fix.

My friends and I probably bug reported this... 20 times over entire course of beta.

Our first hard mode kill in black talon. Bam. no chest.

our jaws all dropped.

Unbelievable.

Had this happen to us a couple times on the Boarding Party bosses of the Mandolorian Raiders Flashpoint on normal.

First time we wiped a couple times and didn't get it, but the second time we went in we did it flawlessly and still no chest. This is a pretty big bug and hope it gets squashed soon.

Edited by ventismith

Wonder if this bug is also related to Heroics?

We wiped good on a 4-man HC yesterday http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/heroic-4-settling-debts/879/ (we where only 2 so it was expected) anyhow, the 1st step listed which actually is the last step in the quest as it is furthest in, couldnt be completed.

Your supposed to click on a generator of sorts, but it wasnt targettable.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but this post you quoted is dated Jan 6, we ran Call to Arms last night (Jan 15) and had 2 chests that did not unlock (one boss without a wipe, and one with - so I don't see where that matters).

Edited by searchpup

Still having the no chest issue as of last night on Boarding Party. I'd say it isn't fixed, or if it's working as inteded it is rather silly. I agree that it's pointless to get no loot if you're defeated by the boss. Everyone just drops on a failed boss fight now.

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but this post you quoted is dated Jan 6, we ran Call to Arms last night (Jan 15) and had 2 chests that did not unlock (one boss without a wipe, and one with - so I don't see where that matters).

The patch notes are for the patch coming in on the 16th.