Easiest companion to level affection

Martin

I decided to level up biochem on one of my main toon (since my biochem crafter is still lvl 60, pub side, so it's getting hard to get mats). Problem is, my highest comp has like lvl 10 of influence.

So I was wondering, which companion is the easiest to level up (aka is there one in particular that favorite/love pretty much everything) ?

Nico Okar seems to be one that likes a lot of stuff, but I was wondering if someone might know for sure which is the easiest to level up

(Please don't tell me Pierce while doing PVP, since I want to go with the gift route)

Edited by Martin

I decided to level up biochem on one of my main toon (since my biochem crafter is still lvl 60, pub side, so it's getting hard to get mats). Problem is, my highest comp has like lvl 10 of influence.

So I was wondering, which companion is the easiest to level up (aka is there one in particular that favorite/love pretty much everything) ?

Nico Okar seems to be one that likes a lot of stuff, but I was wondering if someone might know for sure which is the easiest to level up

(Please don't tell me Pierce while doing PVP, since I want to go with the gift route)

There is no companion that "loves" a lot of different gift types.

Andronikos (Sith Inquisitor) if you romance him loves four types of gifts. BUT he is not a returning companion in the Eternal Throne story line (yet).

The next most is Z0-OM who loves three distinct gift types, BUT you acquire that companion through the "play as HK-55 chapter" so if you were not a continuous subscriber between Jan 2016 and Aug 2016 you do not have access to that companion.

The rest love one or two gift types.

That said, you can get any companion from rank 1 to rank 20 for about 92k credits using grade 1 gifts from the vendor on fleet (in the GTN quadrant outer ring). getting from 10 to 20 is the majority of that cost at roughly 78k. Now rank 10 - 20 is a very time consuming process as you have to give the companion 389 gifts and each gift takes 3 seconds to give so you are looking at roughly 20 minutes of gift giving per companion.

You can shorten that time though by spending more credits. There is a grade 5 gift vendor in the same place. To go from rank 10 to 20 will cost you 360k per companion but you only need to give 36 gifts...that's two minutes of gift giving.

You can always shorten the gift giving process by unlocking a legacy character perk for CC or credits, but this is a per character perk not account wide.

All this information and more can be located on dulfy.net

Well, thanks for the answer. From looking at the dulfy guide, it seems like Blizz is a interesting option as well. With 2 love option, but 7 favorites options.

Thing is, I have stacked all my comp gifts from command crates lately, not knowing if I should just sell them, or eventually use them. So I have a lot of different type of gifts.

I'll look into the Z0-OM companion.

Edited by Martin

Well, thanks for the answer. From looking at the dulfy guide, it seems like Blizz is a interesting option as well. With 2 love option, but 7 favorites options.

Thing is, I have stacked all my comp gifts from command crates lately, not knowing if I should just sell them, or eventually use them. So I have a lot of different type of gifts.

The difference in influence gain between like and love is 100% more from love (i.e. if a "like" gift grants 250 influence then a love gift will generate 500). Just saying that using gifts as "like" rather than "love" is not terribly optimal; you would probably be better served selling the gifts you get from those crates and using the proceeds to buy different gifts.

And again - just making sure you understand - if you were not a continuous subscriber from Jan 2016 through Aug 2016 you CANNOT get Z0-OM. If you were a continuous subscriber during that time then play through the HK-55 chapter and you get Z0-OM at the end.

The difference in influence gain between like and love is 100% more from love (i.e. if a "like" gift grants 250 influence then a love gift will generate 500). Just saying that using gifts as "like" rather than "love" is not terribly optimal; you would probably be better served selling the gifts you get from those crates and using the proceeds to buy different gifts.

And again - just making sure you understand - if you were not a continuous subscriber from Jan 2016 through Aug 2016 you CANNOT get Z0-OM. If you were a continuous subscriber during that time then play through the HK-55 chapter and you get Z0-OM at the end.

Well, there's Like, Favorite and Love. Most seems to have like 2-3 Favorite and 1-2 love. While Blizz has 7 favorite and 2 love.

And I do have access to Z0-OM. Just have to do the chapter. But on the dulfy guide Z0-0M seems to only Favorite 3 and Love 1.

Well, there's Like, Favorite and Love. Most seems to have like 2-3 Favorite and 1-2 love. While Blizz has 7 favorite and 2 love.

And I do have access to Z0-OM. Just have to do the chapter. But on the dulfy guide Z0-0M seems to only Favorite 3 and Love 1.

Maybe I misread. as to like vs love that's my bad I meant favorite vs love. My point was that the difference between the "levels of appreciation" is exponential not linear; you want to give your companions what they love if you can help it.

My suggestion if you want to maximize your stock of gifts, look first for the "top 5" grade 5 purple (*) you have stacked, then look at the dulfy guide to get 2 or 3 comps grouped and inclease influence on all. While you don't need all maxed at 50, having a couple over 20 is good.

(*) I belive that grade 5 purple is the best reference here. Lower are cheaper, but very time consuming and unless you have a LOT more of inferior ones, your stock value comes mostly from purple grade 5 and Gold 6. Grade 6 Gold are good to save time, but expensive, you can sell those in the GTN and get credits to buy several grade 10 purple. So you can increase 3 to 4 times the incluence (average sale for me) than by using gold directly.

you want to give your companions what they love if you can help it.

Totally agree. A gift spend on Like or Favorite seems a little wasted. More so if one has multiple toons and most likely other comp can benefit more from those if they Love it.

Of course, you can always level your first companion to influence 50 by running and rerunning Esseless or Black Talon with them and keeping a crib sheet of which answers they approve of, or (where no approval can be had) disapprove of.

I always drop my first companion, as soon as I get my second, for this reason. Once you get to level 70 you can resume using them run that first Flash point in group mode and get 2 Isotopes around 3000 influence, and a tonne of CXP, per run.

Of course, you can always level your first companion to influence 50 by running and rerunning Esseless or Black Talon with them and keeping a crib sheet of which answers they approve of, or (where no approval can be had) disapprove of.

I always drop my first companion, as soon as I get my second, for this reason. Once you get to level 70 you can resume using them run that first Flash point in group mode and get 2 Isotopes around 3000 influence, and a tonne of CXP, per run.

how many times do you have to run Ess/BT to get a comp from 0 to 50? I can only imagine.../shudder

Well, you never do it from influence zero. I only do it once i am at level 70, myself, for the other extra perks - and from whatever level the companion was at, by the time I had got my second companion.

A stealther can run Esseless or Black Talon in under ten minutes. And, as I say, it's usually at least 3000 a run with Gift Of Persuasion, so it's basically more than one influence level, per run until the high 40s.

The last clue is a fine one - but since last game update there are no isotopes and no cxp on veteran mode. Musco wrote, that its intended.

So for me it is:

# I give all comps level 1/2-present from vendor on the fleet until level 20

# Classic-Companions:

1 = Esseles/Black Talon (6000 influence with buffs from legacy) and influence-points from worldquests

2 = influence-points from worldquests + presents they LOVE

# Special PVP-companion: M-4X / Pierce 250/500 influence per loose/win-pvp-game

# Best-Role-Companions:

Tank: Melee (i.a. Qyzen and Dr. Lokin (!))

Healer: Z00M if possible, all classic-healers (Mako/Elara)

DPS: two-handed (Vette etc.)

= in summa 8+ comps (more not needed for conquest and crafting)

Best wishes!

Edited by Semiramis

If you do WZ and have Pierce or M1-4X, their affection ticks up slowly every WZ played. I got both to 50 without buying a single gift.

But Blizz seems to like the biggest variety of stuff.

Also scour the GTN often to catch any cheap gift listings. You'll get a feel for it pretty quick. Select companion gifts, Grade and Type and see what bargains are to be had.

Buy anything cheap and then search on the internet for the companion that loves that gift. -If you're level 70 and have done the last 2 expansions and have dozens of companions, one'll surely fit the bill. - Otherwise sell the cheap ones at a higher price and buy the ones you need.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Clearly, I haven't done this since the last update.

However, it is still worth considering during the influence 20-40 range, since it is easily more than one influence level, per run.

Only applies to first companions, and only before you do KOTFE, yourself, of course!

Well, you never do it from influence zero. I only do it once i am at level 70, myself, for the other extra perks - and from whatever level the companion was at, by the time I had got my second companion.

A stealther can run Esseless or Black Talon in under ten minutes. And, as I say, it's usually at least 3000 a run with Gift Of Persuasion, so it's basically more than one influence level, per run until the high 40s.

So assuming the OP's situation - rank 10 influence - gotta run Ess/BT 20+ times to get to 30...OMG I would never want to do Ess/BT EVER again...heck I might not even ever want to play this game again /shudder.

But that's just me...I HATE "grinding" anything.

10,000 credits each for purple tier 5 gifts, whichever one the character loves. Around 2.5 million from rank 1 to rank 40, then 40 to 50 is another 2.2 million or so. That's been the "easiest" way for me and works on all companions except the cartel droids or animals.

At the moment of writing this, I've 22 level 50 companions and 10 between 40 and 49, so I'd say I know a thing or two about leveling them.

The most efficient way are grade 6 gifts. If you by any chance managed to get some for crystals back in 4.0, good, otherwise don't buy them from vendor, 250k is ridiculous price. I use alliance crates as a main source of gifts. I do buy from GTN only if price is too low, 50k and less per gift.

All other sources are secondary, including BT, specially now when then removed CXP for it.

Since I'm expecting the question - no, I do not grind heroics, I mostly play them for conquest anyway, so crates/gifts are added bonus.

In regard to Fallen Empire toons, I advise leveling non-main companions. I know there's that terminal but somehow I've feeling that whole business with companions is not the safest one right now and I almost expect something to go wrong. Not that it didn't in the past.

Bottom line - if you want high level companion you have to invest. Choose between credits and time, or do bit of both.

• 3 weeks later...
The cheapest companions to raise are the few that like or love courting gifts, since those are dirt cheap. Doc (Jedi Knight) loves Courting gifts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one loves Courting gifts. Some companions, if romanced, should love them, but it's an old bug.

Currently best one for Courting gifts is Guss and he favorites them.

Just curious, why do you think courting works better then other gifts? Are they cheaper? Are they easier to obtain.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one loves Courting gifts. Some companions, if romanced, should love them, but it's an old bug.

Just curious, why do you think courting works better then other gifts? Are they cheaper? Are they easier to obtain.

If you romance a companion PRE-KOTFE, they will "love" courting gifts. It is only post-KOTFE that companions stop loving courting gifts

You could sell those rank 6 companion gifts on the GTN (the ones that you wont use) and then use the credits to buy the rank 5 companion gifts that give the best influence per credit ratio.

Other then that its not worth giving a companion a "favorite" gift - your better off selling those and buying the ones they actually "love" - Other then Z0-OM, no companion is really the easiest to level (minus pvp companions, which you already said you wont do), they pretty much all the same with the exception of Andronikos.

Edited by DenariusJay

You could sell those rank 6 companion gifts on the GTN (the ones that you wont use) and then use the credits to buy the rank 5 companion gifts that give the best influence per credit ratio.

You are incorrect...grade 1 gifts are the best credit per influence. That said you need several thousand gifts and therefore LOTS of time to get to rank 40. But even if you just look at getting to rank 20...starting from rank 1 you need 92k worth of grade 1 vs 110k to get to rank 10 using grade 5.

Ok, I'll correct you :p. Doc loves courting gifts wether romanced or not and he still loves them after getting him back via terminal after chapter 9. Since pretty much no other companion does that (at least that I'm aware of), courting gifts are much cheaper on the gtn, because of low demand. But because Doc isn't part of the new story yet, this has only relevance if you're playing a jedi knight.