Stats for DPS hard mode

I would at least for you get the highest hilt for you, which is the daily commendation,

which is only like 8 needed I believe, which can be done probably like 1hr. or so (maybe less).

If wearing orange armor pieces (try to get the blue mods ~lvl 45 or higher,

or higher if green mods).

Also, please don't try doing it w/o equiping any relics/implants and 0 offhand.

Yes I had to "endure" enormous pain when one tank didn't have any of those equiped.

While HM FPs arent too terribly hard, do not underestimate how terrible some people are. DPS still needs to be able to kill bosses fast enough to avoid the enrage timer. I would say at least lvl 49-50 blues/oranges would be best if you want to avoid half wiping on bosses. Of course gear is not all there is to it. Some people still suck no matter how good their gear is. I have seen people in battlemaster gear do completely underwhelming dps while the guy in lvl 50 greens and blues do awesome dps.

as a few above already said, you can pretty much just jump right into some hard modes soon after you hit 50.

go check the gtn for some available upgrades, and buy whatever you can afford. even after i bought my level 50 speeder and training, i still had 400k or so leftover, so i went and bought a couple purples to give my gear a nice boost.

on my server, most level 49 and 50 artifact / purple gear was around 30-40k, which isn't too bad, imo. yes, you will soon end up replacing it, but honestly, the investment is worth, because the money you spend on gear, is money you save on repair bills from wiping due to being undergeared. so in the end, it evens out.

Get as much moddable gear as you can. Just from leveling I already had moddable helm, chest, gloves, pants, and boots. Do the dailies on Ilum and Belsavis to get epic mods, armorings, and enhancements. Make sure all your mod slots are filled with epics. Then you should be good to go.

You really don't need anything to start Normal Operations or hard mode flashpoints.

PvP gear is quite easy to get, and helps out, but honestly gear only starts getting required for Hard Mode/Nightmare Mode Operations.

Black Talon HM yes. Anything else requires gear (with maybe false emp being the exception).

I want to start doing hard mode FP and raids. What kind of stats should a DPS sentinel have before I can start??? Thank you

You are a Sentinel, so you should consider rerolling. The reason no combat logs are in place yet is because Bioware doesn't want us to see the class imbalances that are currently in the game between the dps specs.