Where is nightmare mode

I keep hearing about nightmare mode in but I can't seem to find it. When I bring up game finder it just has options for Story Mode (8 players), Hard Mode Flashpoints (Tier 1), Hard Mode Flashpoints (Tier 2), Normal Flashpoints, and Planetary Destinations. Does it have to be unlocked somehow before I see options in game finder for nightmare modes, maybe certain equipment has to be equipped first?

To elaborate: it sounds like you're not familiar with zoning in to a flashpoint or operation from the appropriate 'door' on fleet. This is an alternative to using group finder. It is the only way to do Story Mode 16man operations, Hard Mode 8/16 operations, and Nightmare Mode 8/16 Operations (EV/KP/EC).

To do one of these operations, you start with a normal party and right click your portrait. You click convert to ops group to create an ops group that can hold up to 24 people. You then need to click your portrait again and set the difficulty, loot threshold, and loot rules. Once these are set, you invite the players you need and run into the instance (no queuing required).

If you're interested in Nightmare, you should find a difficulty breakdown on Dulfy's website or on swtor.com to make sure you're ready for each instance.

Ok, thanks for the replies. I was pretty much stuck with just columi gear from hard mode flashpoints, other than purchasing certain pieces with black hole and daily comms. I'll have to exercise more patience when asking if anybody wants to join up to do an operation via the chat window when on the fleet, seems kind of tough at times to get a group going. I could probably also start adding more people to my friends list. It would be kinda nice if they added these to group finder though. Thanks.

Ok, thanks for the replies. I was pretty much stuck with just columi gear from hard mode flashpoints, other than purchasing certain pieces with black hole and daily comms. I'll have to exercise more patience when asking if anybody wants to join up to do an operation via the chat window when on the fleet, seems kind of tough at times to get a group going. I could probably also start adding more people to my friends list. It would be kinda nice if they added these to group finder though. Thanks.

Sounds like you need a guild.

Sounds like you need a guild.

^This.

I know some people don't like guilds but the trick is to try and find people who you like, not just ones with server firsts.

Find a group of fun, nice people and then ask for a guild invite. You don't need to go and look for a hardcore guild, the more you like them the better off you'll be.