Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

CourtneyWoods

Sounds all wonderful.

Why the hell did you guys even mess with the char graphic to support low end PC's???? Let people buy their way into what they want instead of breaking the game for many others.

You're character graphics are fouled,. everyone running around with only shoulders and heads, thats it. Way to go. It's a game breaker, myself and many others I've already found cannot really play because we can't see anything!. Great work there and they couldn't just test it on high end cards could they :rak_02: SEe you later, I got scammed and ripped off as I subbed the night before the update, and now it's broke!!!

Rory

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do we go to report game braking bugs?? They are talking about the timers kicking people out of arenas. OK, that's a bug, but at least these people can play the game. Is not having ALL the character graphics hosed and gone a large bug?? Isn't that the largest bug of the update considering it's a game breaker and we can;t play? Where do we go to report such a thing? All you people happy with the update, you're not going to be very happy when you are alone in these servers because they can't keep their player base. Even SOE or Blizz never did anything this bad. You broke the game for many, nice update

-R

so the teaser pic was a new hutt ball it seems. So you guys pick the most skill-less and the warzone that people hate the most to expand on ?

Personal opinion. I love Huttball like many others do. Stop making things up.

Back to my original problem. Are we ever going to see cross server warzone queues to solve the queue issues for ranked warzones?

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to post a reminder, if you want to take a chance at taking on our 4 man BioWare team, hop in PTS in 45 minutes. We will be on the PTS from 5-7 PM CD in the 4 player group ranked queue. Find 3 friends, queue up, and you just might get to take us on. Also since some folks have joked about me playing the "Musco" class I thought it only fair to reveal what I am playing since you can tell what the rest of my team are doing. I will be playing a Madness Sorcerer.

For the full details check my original post.

-eric

PS - I am also pretty excited for you to see what team uniforms we came up with... :rak_03:

You playing PTS again sometime team BW?

Sounds all wonderful.

Why the hell did you guys even mess with the char graphic to support low end PC's???? Let people buy their way into what they want instead of breaking the game for many others.

You're character graphics are fouled,. everyone running around with only shoulders and heads, thats it. Way to go. It's a game breaker, myself and many others I've already found cannot really play because we can't see anything!. Great work there and they couldn't just test it on high end cards could they :rak_02: SEe you later, I got scammed and ripped off as I subbed the night before the update, and now it's broke!!!

Rory

Where do we go to report game braking bugs?? They are talking about the timers kicking people out of arenas. OK, that's a bug, but at least these people can play the game. Is not having ALL the character graphics hosed and gone a large bug?? Isn't that the largest bug of the update considering it's a game breaker and we can;t play? Where do we go to report such a thing? All you people happy with the update, you're not going to be very happy when you are alone in these servers because they can't keep their player base. Even SOE or Blizz never did anything this bad. You broke the game for many, nice update

-R

You are a fool, nothing more. Your subscription is for the live servers, to play and enjoy the live game. The test server is there for -- and exists solely for the purpose of -- testing. It isn't the 'experience-it-bugfree-before-it-goes-live' server, so don't act like it is. Wow, you found a bug on the server created for the sole purpose of finding bugs. Going to unsub over it? Good. Great. Leave. I don't ever want to see you ingame. Honestly. What made you think your pathetic rant was so important that it needed to be pointlessly split into two seperate posts?

Edited by idnewton

-R

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

I have some questions/concerns about arena, specifically around player numbers and team imbalance - hopefully hasn't been asked before, I didn't see any response about it.

1. What will happen if not everyone accepts the queue?

It won't start the match without full teams on both sides, right? In WZs you usually have a chance when you are down up to 2 players, but for arenas I can imagine starting a deathmatch with even 1 person down pretty much guarantees a loss unless the full team are performing badly. With 2 players down you would need a huge skill discrepancy for the shorthanded team to win.

At the moment then it's either bugged, or this isn't how it works yet, as I have ended up solo rank queuing into several 3 vs 4 arenas.

And yes, being one man down is a serious disadvantage. So lost them all....

At the moment then it's either bugged, or this isn't how it works yet, as I have ended up solo rank queuing into several 3 vs 4 arenas.

And yes, being one man down is a serious disadvantage. So lost them all....

Ugh, that sucks. I foresee this being quite a problem if they don't fix it so the match won't start with full teams, although I imagine it'd be pretty boring sitting around in the arena starting zone thumb twiddling while you wait for a forth. Still, it'd be better than playing an almost guaranteed loss. Thanks for answering my question!

Does anyone on the PTS have answers for these questions as well?

2. What happens if players leave? Can they leave? (Can you leave mid battle? Can you backfill mid battle?)

3. Will players be shown what type of game they are being put into? (Arena vs WZ)

Edited by Solloby

And maybe you can implement possibility to buy PVP gear in lower levels instead of 55?

I have full of comms for it but being lvl 33 cannot get it done and buy a new gear - so why I should be using PVP?

This this this. I love to pvp while leveling, and I get that we shouldnt be able to roll a 5 min 55 into ranked wz, but help us out somehow.

Edited by holottawang

And maybe you can implement possibility to buy PVP gear in lower levels instead of 55?

I have full of comms for it but being lvl 33 cannot get it done and buy a new gear - so why I should be using PVP?

You still can, lowbie PvP gear is sold on capital planets (the Senate underpass on Coruscant and the Imperial Market on Kaas, I think).

You still can, lowbie PvP gear is sold on capital planets (the Senate underpass on Coruscant and the Imperial Market on Kaas, I think).
Correct, although they removed the Expertise on the lowbie PvP gear. The lowbie PvP Weapons and Items vendors, however, are still on the Fleet where they've always been.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG Hutball maps!

Sorry if this question comes accross as thick but I'm skim reading on my phone so I might have missed it. Are these arenas just for level 55 (ranked?) or are they going to be available as non-ranked/under 55 too?

Thanks Alex!

:ph_lol: Hutt Ball is fun but when your a healer its my worst enemy!!