Companions 101: Kira Carsen

CourtneyWoods

Regarding Kira its my favorite companion, and the romance part in her, that we need to take initiative going against Jedi Code, makes the immersion very good.

(Kira Carsen + female Jedi Knight) x 2 Slave Girl Costumes = Repeat Subscription

and i add both fighting on the ice planet of Ilum :D

Kira is my favorite companion for the Jedi Knight, though I have never experienced the romance side of it as my character is a to the book Jedi Knight. But she is my characters apprentice and the companion I mostly want to have with me. Unfortunally, I can't most of the time as I would die without a healer by my side.

Really wish they made the companions have any role you want, so I could play with the companion I want instead of being forced to use a companion.

Yap the JK if want to progress in a solo, really need is Doc around so that makes that we loose some of the fun interaction with our preference companion maybe Bioware could think in a way to select the companion during a npc interaction. I some times when see that the interaction dont gone end in a blood bath (my bloth bath) pull up the companions and repeat the interaction.

But also like the idea that we could select the role for the companions, probably in the case of the JK we put healing in our favorite companion but i imagine the headick for Bioware to implant this since during the process we have specific gear to the companions and probably its a problem with the storyline.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Kira its my favorite companion, and the romance part in her, that we need to take initiative going against Jedi Code, makes the immersion very good.

and i add both fighting on the ice planet of Ilum :D

Yap the JK if want to progress in a solo, really need is Doc around so that makes that we loose some of the fun interaction with our preference companion maybe Bioware could think in a way to select the companion during a npc interaction. I some times when see that the interaction dont gone end in a blood bath (my bloth bath) pull up the companions and repeat the interaction.

But also like the idea that we could select the role for the companions, probably in the case of the JK we put healing in our favorite companion but i imagine the headick for Bioware to implant this since during the process we have specific gear to the companions and probably its a problem with the storyline.

I just wish we could get out more than one companion at a time ( An additional active companion slot is something I would definitively buy from the Cartel Shop :D). Because for the reason you just cited, we always end up using the same companion for practical reasons, and it would be fun anyway to get our companions out.

As for Kira Carsen, she has the personality I like the most on my Jedi Knight too.

Edited by Elysith

Andronikos. Revel. He's vastly underutilized by any of the um, non female gamers in the game, and with good equipment and barrels in his gun his dps is incredible. My (now) 47 Sith Soreceress uses him almost exclusively, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I dispise the whiny Jedi girl. ;)

Note: of course to use Andronikos you need to understand how to use a ranged dps, but that shouldn't really be a problem. :)

A'iofe Thistle, Sith Sorc, 47, The Harbringer

Branwenne Thistle, 50 Commando, The Hargringer

and many others in the Thistle Legacy on Harbringer

Edited by Kyrra_T
fixed typo

I'm with all the others voting for Quinn, both in part because I like his character, and in part because he keeps making me bash my head against the wall. I cannot, for the life of me, guess at what he'll approve of. I know part of it's that my warrior's LS, but he keeps managing to surprise me and something like this might actually help.

My desire to whack Quinn upside his head aside, I think we're due for a spotlight on a male character, and Quinn's a reasonable choice, given that he's a love interest and you get him earlier on than any of the other guys. Otherwise I'll vote Andronikos, because you've already covered an agent character, and you get him earlier than Torian (plus I've heard enough of JYB to last a lifetime, thank you!).

Edited by ShiftyApparition
Apparently I can't spell "Andronikos"

Note: of course to use Andronikos you need to understand how to use a ranged dps, but that shouldn't really be a problem. :)

Yeah, I'm kind of shocked at how few people I see running around with RDPS companions. I use them on every single toon of mine that isn't themselves an RDPS. I've spent a lot of quality time with Andronikos, Risha, Gault, Vette and (my personal favourite) Zenith.

I wouldn't suggest Andronikos gets the spotlight next, though he is a worthy contender. That honour should go to my personal favourite compaion, Zenith. :p

"This weekly blog is meant to be supplemental to our Companion Holonet series and it will provide insights and tips for each companion as well as a wallpaper and screenshots of their customizations. Each week, we will rotate between Imperial and Republic companions. " From the Kaylio Companion blog.

Then we got two weeks of nothing until the Kira blog. and if they follow that, we will get our third one the week after next. Really, Bioware, as much as I love you. You need to learn what "Weekly" really means. A lot of people love these blogs, and want to see more.

• 1 month later...
I say Malavi Quinn he's so cool!:cool:. My other one is bowdaar. He is like a cheewbacca but do sent have a Han Solo with him.:w_cool:. My last one is cerk ( Qyzen Fess ) he is kinda cool and I think I would like to learn more about him. Me and qyzrn are for our nicknames herald and cerk. :-) :tran_grin::tran_angel::tran_cool::tran_evil::tran_tongue:

This is why the new jedi order reborn under Luke is far better.They understand that love is a good thing that actually strengthen the order.The will of the force http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/99/Lukemaraben.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e1/Betrayal.jpg

AMEN...I always hated the 'no love, no marriage' crap. Hell, if the old Jedi had to give up on the things that mean the most, then what the hell were they fighting FOR?

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

I usually don't necro threads, but the question has arisen where Kira's customization number 7 may be obtained from ? And number 5, too ?

They appear to be missing from the game, because in the German forums someone is looking for them, and cannot find them - and even on Dulfy's web page there isn't any vendor listed for them ?

So - now what happened to 7 & 5 ?

As another oddity, number 8 istn't even listed in the Blog entry about Kira ...

• 5 months later...
Quinn is a

traitor.

If I could kill off one companion it would be him. Just saying.

Personally I want to learn more about him. I think reading a blog about him would be fascinating, and if I could keep only one companion for my warrior, he'd be it. Just saying. :)

• 3 years later...

dear kira carsen:

you are my best friend. without you, I wont become the Jedi I am now. During my stay in hospital I have been thinking of you, draw pictures of you and the adventures we gone through together. how could I forget. Even now you are helping me on my way to recovery, always showing the support I needed and care. This I will never forget, in my whole life. You gave me hope in the time of darkness, and I am still alive because of you. I am under your care while you healed me in the game I am pleased, very pleased, and you should be promoted. Thank you for your service to both the republic and the Jedi Order. Let's go partner still got plenty of work to do. We have been through a lot, we are such a great team. I love you, kira. If I ever leave swtor or leaving I wish to see you again kira and I will remember you always. Forever and always kira. You will be in my heart kira, so dont let go of me. dont forget what we've done here! It's important, because it's part of our memories, part of our lives.

Your best friend,

Jinny-skie (Jedi Guardian, level 70)

I loved Kira from the very first conversation with her. She is always my JKs BFF as well as their best padawan.

Hard to pick a specific Kira moment because every moment with her is entertaining, love her sass and the fact that she says what she thinks without holding back.

She is the perfect proof that a Jedi can still have a little fun and a joke while still being LS.

Hey everyone,

Please share your favorite Kira moments in here! Also feel free to suggest your favorite companions to be featured in our next Companions 101 blog.

May the Force be with you!

It's been a while since I last saw Kira, because all my Jedi Knights on my main server have played through KotFE & KotET.

The first thing that springs into mind is: "Remember that holiday you promised? Can it be now?" or something similar when you come to Voss or "Someday, let's retire from this Jedi business. Spend the rest of our lifes having fun."

I also like the "You're not like most other Jedi. That's a compliment."

The moment when I was most proud of her was when she became a fully fledged Jedi Knight and how she stood up against the Emperor and for what she believed in, even against adversary and the shadow of her past. The moment I missed her most were the moments when I confronted the Emperor. I don't know. Kira might have been able to get through to Vaylin, given her own history. Kira doesn't follow any rules, she only follows her heart, her own sense of right and wrong.

I am quite curious what she has to say now. There was a conversation that in which she suggested that Jedi should strive for political power, of by democratic means. I am quite certain that having command over the eternal fleet and being de facto ruler of Zakuul was not quite what she had in mind... One of my Jedi Knight, albeit light side, sided with the Empire in the Iokath story arc. That's going to be difficult for her; I can only hope that Kira will hear me out.

Edited by Rabenschwinge

Holy necro, Batman!

Guys, its a years-old thread. Almost 4 years of age. Courtney Woods wouldn't read your post. I doubt she even works anywhere in Bioware these days... And companion blogs? We dont have those anymore, i think.

Edited by Gelious

Holy necro, Batman!

Guys, its a years-old thread. Almost 4 years of age. Courtney Woods wouldn't read your post. I doubt she even works anywhere in Bioware these days... And companion blogs? We dont have those anymore, i think.

Does it burn or something? Yes thank you necro police. We'll take it from here.

my influence for kira carsen is 34, if you must know. I saw her struggling when fighting darth angral and she did overcome the dark side. and the touching moment was when I was about to surrender my will to the empire, she said to me, "I know you are here". so I freed kira and get the title indomitable and escaped the imperial place controlled by the emperor. at that time my character mind was filled with darkness, and kira was the only hope to redeem me back to the light otherwise I would become an acolyte of the dark side so she and I has memories here. she saved me from the dark side. originally I had to do shock treatment to her but I refuse saying the machine was malfunctioning in order to save kira, and I did save her, and she saved me. I also remember when I stood before the crowd with kira, with T701 and satele shan. it was a glorious moment for the jedi and the republic