Next bad guy(s)?

notanjelika

The next bad guy? The Outlander, former leader of the Eternal Alliance/Eternal Empire. You'll have to fight both Republic and Sith Empire forces throughout the galaxy as you seek to establish a new identity and the galaxy rapidly descends into another war between the two main powers with Zakuul attempting to recover from its near extinction.

This makes no sense. Why would a LS jedi fight against the Republic? Why not side with the Republic and destroy the Empire once and for all?

This makes no sense. Why would a LS jedi fight against the Republic? Why not side with the Republic and destroy the Empire once and for all?

Because the Republic has deemed the Outlander an enemy. The Outlander, LS or DS has no choice but to fight. Ditto for the Sith Empire. Advantage for BW? It keeps everything on a single storyline, no multiple stories that need different artwork, conversation, scripting etc.

Because the Republic has deemed the Outlander an enemy. The Outlander, LS or DS has no choice but to fight. Ditto for the Sith Empire. Advantage for BW? It keeps everything on a single storyline, no multiple stories that need different artwork, conversation, scripting etc.

So if the Republic captures me, it means I'll be locked in the Jedi Temple basement on Tython and forced to knit socks for the poor children from Kalikori village? :D:D:D Kidding!

On topic now: yep, what you said actually makes sense, the Republic will deem my character as an enemy, even if she's a Jedi.

Yuuzhan Vong. Why the hell not? They only happened in the "Legends" continuity now, could be interesting.

This could be a cool idea, but ... not a giant invasion, just one ship ... maybe it crashed? Maybe the Chiss shot it down but refuse to tell either the Republic, or Sith Empire what they've learned, if anything.

This could be a cool idea, but ... not a giant invasion, just one ship ... maybe it crashed? Maybe the Chiss shot it down but refuse to tell either the Republic, or Sith Empire what they've learned, if anything.

Maybe a flashpoint. It wouldn't make sense to be a whole planet. That would be pretty cool. The Vong crash a ship and you go clear it out

none of those mentioned by the OP. my money is on Darth Jadus. He has to return, he's a major threat that escaped from imperial Intelligence, he wants his "democratization of fear".

but then again with the info from reddit, assuming any accuracy i wouldn't be surprised if the star cabal group returned and they had new members to go with the one or two that escaped from the intellignce operation and they are pulling strings again.

It makes me wonder how he never became a Master of Fear with those Oricon loonies.

It could be the Chiss...

I know they are supposed to be of the isolationnist sort, but why the hell not ? All it takes is one inspiring and competent leader. The Chiss are allied to an Empire that could not defeat them in its prime, facing a broken Republic, with some threatening "Eternal Alliance".

Preventive strike.

It could be the Chiss...

I know they are supposed to be of the isolationnist sort, but why the hell not ? All it takes is one inspiring and competent leader. The Chiss are allied to an Empire that could not defeat them in its prime, facing a broken Republic, with some threatening "Eternal Alliance".

Preventive strike.

Maybe some 'Far Outsiders' are probing Chiss Space? Abducting people, leaving no witnesses ... leaving the Chiss Ascendancy to suspect either the Sith Empire or Republic is responsible.

Yuuzhan Vong. Why the hell not? They only happened in the "Legends" continuity now, could be interesting.

Those aliens at Iokath are kind of reversed Vong - have robotic, technological planet (as opposed to living, Force-sensitive planet), built god-like robots (as opposed to god-like biotechnological creatures), both are crazy about conquest, have complicated pantheon of gods and are \ were rather self-destructive.

That corpse on Iokath doesn't look like a Vong (most notably - lacks any visible mouth) but I like the idea that they are somehow related.

Those aliens at Iokath are kind of reversed Vong - have robotic, technological planet (as opposed to living, Force-sensitive planet), built god-like robots (as opposed to god-like biotechnological creatures), both are crazy about conquest, have complicated pantheon of gods and are \ were rather self-destructive.

That corpse on Iokath doesn't look like a Vong (most notably - lacks any visible mouth) but I like the idea that they are somehow related.

If I recall the Vong really hated machines, they were almost exterminated by a machine race before they began their journey for a new home ... maybe Iokath is unknowingly keeping their scouts at bay through their fear of machines?

If I recall the Vong really hated machines, they were almost exterminated by a machine race before they began their journey for a new home ... maybe Iokath is unknowingly keeping their scouts at bay through their fear of machines?

Are you assuming that some of the Yuuzhan Vong have been disowned by their family and their gods?

Are you assuming that some of the Yuuzhan Vong have been disowned by their family and their gods?

YV technophobia was explained by a war between sentient machine civilizations (presumed to be Silentium and Abominor) that almost wiped YV and made their galaxy uninhabitable by organics.

Small retcon and it could tie into Iokath nicely.

It makes me wonder how he never became a Master of Fear with those Oricon loonies.

IKR? Honestly I'm hoping that Jadus returns as the new, one-and-only Dread Master, having learned and studied all the Dread Master's secrets for the last 5 years and become the very avatar of terror, ready to "democratize" the galaxy with fear!

But that would be way to awesome and cool so we know BW is definitely never going to do that.

Now I like where this is going.

The only problem with the Vong being the new baddies is that I don't recall them needing or wanting to utilize spies in the other factions. If they are the ones that the traitor headed in to join, they'd be a slave, at best. The Vong thought all other races, probably because they were dependent on machines, to be weak and only worth enslaving. The traitor infiltrating their ranks or being made a member wouldn't make sense. That being said, after this arc is over, they could bring on the Vong. Please? I've always loved that series :cool:

The only problem with the Vong being the new baddies is that I don't recall them needing or wanting to utilize spies in the other factions. If they are the ones that the traitor headed in to join, they'd be a slave, at best. The Vong thought all other races, probably because they were dependent on machines, to be weak and only worth enslaving. The traitor infiltrating their ranks or being made a member wouldn't make sense. That being said, after this arc is over, they could bring on the Vong. Please? I've always loved that series :cool:

Not if there's only one influencing the leader of 'The Order' ... might be a random nobody simply observing what's going on.

If I recall - in the books a group of infiltrators entered the galaxy first to stir up some trouble before the invasion fleet arrived. It's been awhile since I read the book but I think they infiltrated several factions, resulting in said factions fighting each other.

Not if there's only one influencing the leader of 'The Order' ... might be a random nobody simply observing what's going on.

If I recall - in the books a group of infiltrators entered the galaxy first to stir up some trouble before the invasion fleet arrived. It's been awhile since I read the book but I think they infiltrated several factions, resulting in said factions fighting each other.

I do remember different factions among them, but I think they all showed up at the same time. Both felt the same about the "inferior races" that they encountered in the galaxies they went to, though. An outsider being made part of either faction as anything more than a slave wouldn't happen. I know one guy worked with one Vong, but I can't remember the reason. Time to dig out the books :D

They also didn't seem to need much help in taking over, despite the infighting they had. I remember a convo you could have with Canderous in KOTOR that hinted that he and his battle group had found and chased a Vong ship, but you wouldn't get that it was a Vong reference unless you had read the series. I kind of have my hopes up for them as the baddies after this arc is over. All of the expanded universe and the games have been relegated to "legendary" status anyway, so the writers here can go nuts with that material :D