PVP is broken BIG time!

Raventn

I never usely complain about game i love pvp its part of the game but this is terrible i don't understand why hell DID you destroyed the pvp?

Back 1.2 battlemaster gear was fine and rest was about skills np was fair fights most of the times.

Now 1.3 to 1.5 basic not even fun to play pvp anymore! Ifeel people like easy mod pvp games iquess thats it?

Its not about skills anymore its gear!

And what is actully terrible is that pugs groups / casual player wanna have some pvp times getting basic faceroll destroyed in pvp beacuse of this gear cap and unbalanced matters.

I Dont care about lose or win but unfair gameplay is defenitly boring.

I spend 6houers pvp today only to get destroyed.

I just hope future of the pvp changes happends beacuse this might be last people will ever play on swtor soon there will be QQ not enoght player to pvp aginst.

Lots of BW guys were fired or been exchanged. I only hope that new peeps will change the present state of things. I hate gear rush in games. I like the idea of GW2 but the realization is a bit poor. I wish i fight for rare gear and ranks not new gear and gear only again. Let's wait till 1.6. :)

MK2 recruit is 20% below War Hero, BM is even less.

If that's not enough for you to make up via skill, then you'll just have to lose your warzones all the way to full War Hero. . .and then come on the forums and complain about how premades are ruining solo pugs.

You're not a special snowflake, I've seen the same types come through the forums, they always seem to blame their problems on something else. . .never can they own up to their own failures.

MK2 recruit is 20% below War Hero, BM is even less.

If that's not enough for you to make up via skill, then you'll just have to lose your warzones all the way to full War Hero. . .and then come on the forums and complain about how premades are ruining solo pugs.

You're not a special snowflake, I've seen the same types come through the forums, they always seem to blame their problems on something else. . .never can they own up to their own failures.

^

I think you are missing out on some augments? Buy augments and shuff them into your BM gear.

You aren't supposed to trade in your BM gear for your WH gear anyway. Min-maxing starts from BM gear.

I don't have a huge prob with the gear gap ( I do think they should get rid of optimizing in pvp and add a new tier so people can't say dumb stuff like fourtwent did) but fourtwent you aren't that dumb.

The gear gap is very large when you look at optimized aug wh. Just a fotm example for you is that an optimized aug wh jug's smash will do more than twice the dmg of a recruit jugs. Add that to the much larger dmg mit, and much higher health pool and your 20% figure is just beyond ignorant.

• 2 weeks later...
The gear gap is very large when you look at optimized aug wh. Just a fotm example for you is that an optimized aug wh jug's smash will do more than twice the dmg of a recruit jugs. Add that to the much larger dmg mit, and much higher health pool and your 20% figure is just beyond ignorant.

So much this. Even if you'd make it 20% both for offense and 20% for defense, that ends up being a whole lot in the end. Hopefully when Gabe said that he wanted it to be 20%, he meant a combination of offense and defense.

By the way, where the "20% PVP gear gap" came from was an interview from a few months ago. Gabe said that they eventually want the gap to be 20% going from a fresh 50 (which I would assume means Recruit since it's free) to someone in best gear, but they weren't there yet, and that they were going to introduce Recruit MK-2 but that still would not bring it close to 20%.

What was going to bring the gear gap closer to 20% was the planned gear bolster for level 50, which we unfortunately haven't heard anything about since.

Edited by Rassuro

People spending TIME and EFFORT to grind out GEAR in a GAME???

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, AN MMO?!?!?

/thread

Except you're not dealing with tiered pve gating, and enrage timers. People are getting crushed by those better geared, and there's zero fun in that. BM geared people have no chance against players with fully optimized/augmented WH gear. None, zero, nada, zilch.

Some classes have to grind multiple sets to get both the set bonuses they want, and then the stats they want. Until you do most of that, you're not having much fun.

Usually the ones that don't have a problem with premade groups are the ones in those groups.....

Usually the ones that have a problem with premade groups are the ones not in those groups.....

MAKE SOME FRIENDS

JOIN TOGETHER

GET VENT. OR MUMBLE. OR WTFEVER

This is not a Bioware problem. It is a you problem.

It is not for Bioware to fix. It is for you to fix.

The game is not the flaw. Your mindset is.

I have a 50 marauder since launch. PvP always was fun with it, mostly because when I was in recruit gear everyone else was too. And when I go to some regular PvP I destroy people in recruit gear. You can put the best mmo pvper in the world against me I will destroy him in 6 seconds if he is in recruit gear.

I leveled a Guardian in 1.4, did not past Recruit Gear cause it sucks being stomped, get no change of get some medals and decent commendations amount per match. Yesterday I hit 50 on my operative, did some PvP today only to get destroyed. Got stunned and rooted all the time and my awesome 13k HP goes to 0 instantly. My defensives cooldowns are nothing, its just a waste to pop em up.

When I enter matches with recruit geared people I have fun, I survive, I can cast heals, get medals and be happy. Play against a war hero team and I cross fingers to get 3 medals and 50 comms at end of the match.

Yes, some ******* will say the problem is me, but everyone that is playing here long enough know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Rafael_Peres

Except you're not dealing with tiered pve gating, and enrage timers. People are getting crushed by those better geared, and there's zero fun in that. BM geared people have no chance against players with fully optimized/augmented WH gear. None, zero, nada, zilch.

That's completely untrue, the only thing is most people dont want to augment their gear until they get the war hero. That's why you have issues cause you have to contend with the gap between WH and BH PLUS the augments. Spend a little bit of creds to augment your gear and you'll more than stand a chance.

How much do you wanna bet that anyone that goes AGAINST the op of this thread has full wh augmented and because so, they feel it is "not broken"

Anyway, I completely agreed with the op, pre-50s are the best because its skill vs skill, yes the levels do make a small difference, but its still MOSTLY skill vs skill, unlike 50-pvp where it's gear vs gear really

I have a 50 marauder since launch. PvP always was fun with it, mostly because when I was in recruit gear everyone else was too. And when I go to some regular PvP I destroy people in recruit gear. You can put the best mmo pvper in the world against me I will destroy him in 6 seconds if he is in recruit gear.

I leveled a Guardian in 1.4, did not past Recruit Gear cause it sucks being stomped, get no change of get some medals and decent commendations amount per match. Yesterday I hit 50 on my operative, did some PvP today only to get destroyed. Got stunned and rooted all the time and my awesome 13k HP goes to 0 instantly. My defensives cooldowns are nothing, its just a waste to pop em up.

When I enter matches with recruit geared people I have fun, I survive, I can cast heals, get medals and be happy. Play against a war hero team and I cross fingers to get 50 comms at end of the match.

Yes, some ******* will say the problem is me, but everyone that is playing here long enough know what I'm talking about.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^yes.

I really don't understand why people are complaining about "better geared" I hear it all the time...

In Full War Hero gear I still get smashed for 7k+ (Multiple Screenshots if you want them) They aren't better geared than me, they have a broken class.

Broken because 7k AE damage is stupid... and thats in Heavy Armor with 1370 Expertise to help me mitigate...

Forget the gear - fix the classes and people will need to find something else to complain about...

By the way the expertise of the two that hit me that hard is only around 1230 - over 100 expertise LESS than I have...

Meh rather see them actually balance the classes then worry about the gear gap. We all know the button mashing Mara/Sent do just fine in BM, so once they do a little balance then they can move on to gear, maybe think a little more about sets which frankly for some classes now some of the set trade in don't make a lick of sense.

Anyway, I completely agreed with the op, pre-50s are the best because its skill vs skill, yes the levels do make a small difference, but its still MOSTLY skill vs skill, unlike 50-pvp where it's gear vs gear really

I have to admit I feel the 1-49 is more balanced between classes and gear. I just hate how poor the lowbies are at strategy. No! In NC East and West is not easier to defend than mid and your near side!

BW should load the test server with PvP where the gear is normalized and not tell people. See how many people say it's more balanced now and who says that it's worse. Other than the current OP players I bet the overall opinion would be positive.

Some would claim that it takes away the reason to grind gear but that only proves that gear is the deciding factor, and that WH should not be abusing recruits (give us real tiered match ups!)

That's completely untrue, the only thing is most people dont want to augment their gear until they get the war hero. That's why you have issues cause you have to contend with the gap between WH and BH PLUS the augments. Spend a little bit of creds to augment your gear and you'll more than stand a chance.

Define "little bit".

In order to fully augment your gear, you need to spend a minimum of 420000 credits (14 gear slots x 30k cost to apply MK-6). When you reach level 50 you typically have enough money to buy your new abilities and a speeder, unless you've been playing on the GTN during levelling, or if you have a main character to leech money from. 420000 credits is the minimum cost, but a more realistic number would be; ~1800000 credits, unless you craft some of the things yourself.

20% gear gap? Bioware never said that's what we had in the game. It's what they wanted, a 15-20% gear gap. I really doubt that the gear gap is that small. When I see a person in 14k hp, I'll kill that person without breaking a sweat. I might even be able to kill the person before they have a chance to inflict any damage on me.

PvP in this game is broken. It was much better in 1.2. I preferred 1.1, that's when the PvP was at its best. Back when there were relics for burst, and DPS actually had to think on what casts to interrupt and how to best stun to counter certain classes. Right now, if you can get a full 4 sec stun off on your opponent without them breaking it, you've pretty much won.

Usually the ones that have a problem with premade groups are the ones not in those groups.....

MAKE SOME FRIENDS

JOIN TOGETHER

GET VENT. OR MUMBLE. OR WTFEVER

This is not a Bioware problem. It is a you problem.

It is not for Bioware to fix. It is for you to fix.

The game is not the flaw. Your mindset is.

Losing 1.5 million subs in four months isn't a problem for BW? Going from 'not thinking about f2p' before patch 1.2 to 'we'll be going f2p in a few months' a mere three months later if even that is not a problem for BW? Going from a dozen so full they had queues servers before 1.2, on top of a good 60+ other servers to, what, 8 servers that can't get ranked pops most of the time and even normal queues take half hour plus off prime time- is not a problem for BW?

Losing world pvp without a sign of it on the horizon, and a year after launch still being in pre-season 1 is not a problem for BW?

What exactly is your criteria for this being a problem for BW, are we going to wait until EA closes the mmo down entirely before we're ready to admit 'ya, ok, maybe we should have tried to make pvp fun for people after all'?

You may not have been paying attention to the gaming world- seems like BW hasn't been either- but recently the boom has been in casual gaming- people don't want to have to go through finding in game players, gearing up, etc..... just so they can play viably- people want to jump in, do some pvp, and have fun. It is so easy to go with cosmetic gear, titles, pets, mounts, etc... for endgame pvp over gating.

Gating works in pve because when you are new to pve- you don't have to do nightmare TFB right away- you can do normals, then HMs, then story, then etc....., gearing up all the way. You can enjoy the content at any pace you like. PvP- you face aug WH whether you're a new casual player or not, and that is not enjoyable.

People simply do not want to keep doing something that is not fun- and until we start being paid 10 bucks an hour to play TOR, would you guys stop trying to act like games are meant to be jobs.

I don't have to have friends in GW2 to just jump in and top matches in pvp, I don't need them in any of the million shooters, I don't need them for DOTA or League of Legends- frankly outside of mmo pvp they are not needed.

When you have normal WZ, and ranked WZ- ranked should be for competitive play, normal should be for everyone else- that's not the case. You want to encourage group play and guilds- give us a real ranked system with real cosmetic unique rewards/titles, and, give us a good world pvp area. Even with as flawed as WG was- when there was something happening there was some real pvp connections going on there, and you got to know pvpers on your server pretty well.

Right now pvp is just a mess.

I was away for like 6 months. When I got back I was in Battlemaster gear.

I did Warzones for a week and got myself some nice War Hero gear. I'm in pretty good shape atm. And I'm having fun. There's no reason others cannot do this too.

Playing with a group of friends is my big secret. What I'm taking away from this thread is that nobody has any friends. I didn't either when I came back. I made some! You can too!

Edited by Arlanon

Define "little bit".

In order to fully augment your gear, you need to spend a minimum of 420000 credits (14 gear slots x 30k cost to apply MK-6). When you reach level 50 you typically have enough money to buy your new abilities and a speeder, unless you've been playing on the GTN during levelling, or if you have a main character to leech money from. 420000 credits is the minimum cost, but a more realistic number would be; ~1800000 credits, unless you craft some of the things yourself.

420k is two days of doing just Ilum and BH dailies, which even in recruit gear, unaugmented, would take you at most 1.5 hours each day if you know what you're doing/aren't completely incompetent at your class (healers semi excluded). And yes i'm assuming people know how to use their crew skills to get the MK-6 augment slot parts, or craft it themselves.

And since you're assuming the person just hit 50 then they also wont have full BM right away in which case the credit cost is more progressive. Also with the speeder training costs decrease that leaves a lot more credit (~200k more) to spend on your gear.

420k is two days of doing just Ilum and BH dailies, which even in recruit gear, unaugmented, would take you at most 1.5 hours each day if you know what you're doing/aren't completely incompetent at your class (healers semi excluded). And yes i'm assuming people know how to use their crew skills to get the MK-6 augment slot parts, or craft it themselves.

And since you're assuming the person just hit 50 then they also wont have full BM right away in which case the credit cost is more progressive. Also with the speeder training costs decrease that leaves a lot more credit (~200k more) to spend on your gear.

420k is the cost if you have someone to provide you with all the MK-6 and augments that you need for free. So unless they have a very good friend or a very supportive guild, they would have to do all those exciting and fun dailies for a much longer period of time than just two days.

Also, are you not recommending that people should augment their Recruit gear? It's just a bit of credits, anyways.

It's broken in a few areas, DPS rules the game, and severely broken by certain classes/specs.

Tanks don't mitigate much of anything.

Taunts should require points in the tank skill trees.

Crowd control is out of control.

Healers are better tanks than tanks.

Classes that aren't really squishy to begin with can have bubbles that absorb 4500+ damage.

Client/server synching is way off at times.