Kinda annoying

tomiksakko

Ok... I am new at the game... I do ENJOY the game (singlepalyer side that is..), and would really like to enjoy multiplayer portions of it... (u know, as it is mmo)... But I start to get fed up with guys who think u should know everything about game when u go, for example, to a flashpoint. Then u do something they don't like and start complaining about their ruined gaming experience :)... How can I learn without playing??? IT IS HUGELY ANNOYING.... And thats happened more times than enough...

I guess I'll go for my ps3 for couple weeks and check again if happen to find some little more mature guys to play with :cool:

I feel your pain. Some people are just jerks. I find if I go with guild mates that I have chatted with before hand, we all know what the other expects and wants out of the experience before we begin.

So my advice would be to join an active guild. Check the server forums to see what kind of guilds are on your server.

Ok... I am new at the game... I do ENJOY the game (singlepalyer side that is..), and would really like to enjoy multiplayer portions of it... (u know, as it is mmo)... But I start to get fed up with guys who think u should know everything about game when u go, for example, to a flashpoint. Then u do something they don't like and start complaining about their ruined gaming experience :)... How can I learn without playing??? IT IS HUGELY ANNOYING.... And thats happened more times than enough...

I guess I'll go for my ps3 for couple weeks and check again if happen to find some little more mature guys to play with :cool:

When I started this game I was a total noob... probably still am after 7 months, but I freely admit it... :)

The best thing you can do is find a good guild to join. Be picky, and let them know you're a beginner and you need help. Go to the Guild Recruitment forum for your specific server and check out the posts there.

(Or better yet, make a character on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and look me up, I've got a guild with al levels and classes of players, at all experience levels. :cool:)

Second thing... when you're grouped up for a flashpoint or a heroic, let the others know this is your first time and you need to know the strategy and what they expect your role to be. I find the best way is to ask, "Have any of you done this before, what do I need to know?"

If they're too rude to help you, then you don't want to be playing with the them anyway. It's hit or miss when you're grouping out. Some people are enormously helpful, and others are just jerks.

If you state ahead of time that you are new and would appreciate help, most people would be happy to help you. If no one knows you are new, some people might have a tendency to just assume that you are not new, and instead you are just one of those people who can't be bothered to learn.

If you state ahead of time that you are new and would appreciate help, most people would be happy to help you. If no one knows you are new, some people might have a tendency to just assume that you are not new, and instead you are just one of those people who can't be bothered to learn.

^ It helps a lot to just tell experienced people you are new. Some players will insta-ragequit when they here this, but they are the ones that are gonna rage regardless so it lets the FP/PvP get off to a better start.

On another side of advice, as a players who has learned to play most classes quite well...do some of your own honest research (ie reading tooltips, maximizing rotations, messing with ui to get better setup), as this will make you a better player both solo and in groups.

A players who knows his class and other classes' potentials are prone to make the smartest moves by default.

You're going to find many people on MMO's are major jerks, and they put other people down so they feel like they know what they are doing. My advice? Get onto the general chat, ask for strategies, even ask on the forums for some strategies for your tank/healer/DPS. While there are jerks, there are also plenty of people out there that would be happy to help you improve in your skills as a player. It never hurts to point out during a flashpoint, "Hey guys, I'm new to the whole MMO thing, I hope you don't mind if I mess up sometimes, and if you could give me some hints, that would be awesome," I'll admit, there are people who would immediately kick you from the group after you say that. Most players won't mind, and will be willing to help you. If they complain about their "Perfect Game Experience" being ruined by you, they're being totally unreasonable and I would advise leaving that group and finding another, more mature group. Hope this helps.

First thing I do when I do a FP for the first time is apologize to the group and tell them it's my first run. Most people will understand but there's always the chance you'll be grouped up with a j3rk if you're pugging.

Guilds are good. When you know (or kind of know) the other people in the group you tend to get less of this. I can't count the number of times when grouped with guildmates that either I or someone else have messed up, but I can't remember a single time that we have fallen out about it. When someone inadvertently does a "Leroy Jenkins" we usually just have a good laugh about it. My own speciality seems to be falling from great heights to my death in flashpoints.

We have occasionally got angry at the flashpoint itself, but never to my memory with each other. If you can find a guild with nice people in it, the game is so much more fun.

Edited by PLynkes

I don't know but I guess you're playing on the imperial side? It maybe sound stupid or ignorant, but it just feels that the players on the republic side are more social, patience and helpful than the imps... dunno whether it's just coincidence but that^s how it appears to me :D

It started 5 months ago on the rep side and it was so difficult, as a complete newbie, never played a mmo before! There are so many abreviations that are only used in mmos... just keep on asking and don^t care too much about these guys "enjoying" the game...

My experience on the server I inhabit is the opposite. Imperial side: Loads of friendly, helpful folks. Republic side: Loads of weird creepy stalkers who want you to be their virtual girlfriend, some before even ascertaining whether you are actually a girl or not. I was propositioned within seconds of creating my first character on Tython.

I think the whole "Jedi can't date" thing leads to too much sexual frustration. That's probably why they're like that on the Republic side. :)

And then upon arrival at Coruscant there was a buffoon waiting outside the space-port, challenging all the lower level newbies to duels as they arrived, and then trash-talking and mocking them when he won, accusing those who wouldn't fight him of being cowards, etc.

Don't even ask me about the Republic Guild I was briefly a member of. Having guild chat on was like being on a very long bus journey where all the other passengers are chimpanzees and baboons.

So yes, it is a coincidence, the Republic side has just as many unsociable louts, arrogant idiots and creeps as the Empire.

Edited by PLynkes