Sythweaving, is it as bad as I fear?

Ditoxic

I've gotten sythnweaving up to 342 by level 40 and so far have yielded crap greens and occasional blues that look retarded and are replaced every time I get a quest reward. I'm starting to get the impression it isn't going to be a worthwhile crew skill. Hopefully I'm wrong, whats your thoughts interwebs.

i've always crafted myself the belt/bracers.

I believe that the only way to get the rakata belt/bracers is through crafting.

But yes it's kinda dumb the way it is, being able to craft armoring would greatly improve the usefulness of synthweaving

Edited by AllanGand

Alright yeah I knew I could make the blues, and thats all well and good to get a good belt out of the deal. However if this game has high end raiding gear won't that easily replace the craftables? Or is that what your talking about in above post.

Well, I can't get CyberTech above 65 on my lvl 43 BH.

Yet thanks to Underworld Trading, I have a dozen ArmorTech and Synthweaving schematics sitting in my vault.

I foolishly chose CyberTech as RP for Mako, before I fully understood how "limited" you are in your crafting in TOR.

Now I'm thinking of switching to ArmorTech.

I maxed out Fallen Earth's crafting in under 2 months (that's bragging) but this TOR crafting has been unintuitive and tiresome, and that's as diplomatic as I can put it.

EDIT: all those Synth and Armor tech schematics? They're all the brown prototype plans.

Edited by Feskitt

OK, like EVERY OTHER PROFESSION, you need to get DESIGNS (or recipies, or whatever you want to call them). I have Synthweaving only at level 150ish and I can craft 4 orange pieces...which btw are the upgradable ones so you'll only ever NEED that one if you upgrade the armoring.

Just gotta learn how everything works, the game has been out 5 days, people need to stop thinking they should be experts by this time.

OK, like EVERY OTHER PROFESSION, you need to get DESIGNS (or recipies, or whatever you want to call them). I have Synthweaving only at level 150ish and I can craft 4 orange pieces...which btw are the upgradable ones so you'll only ever NEED that one if you upgrade the armoring.

Just gotta learn how everything works, the game has been out 5 days, people need to stop thinking they should be experts by this time.

Dude, I was asking a questiong becuase I've gotten the profesion to twice the level you have and have nothing to show for it. I looked in the auction house and found no recepies worth doing, I looked on the web to see if I was missing something, then I went and looked at all the gear vendors who sell pvp and raid gear to find all trying to figure out whether or not the profesion is worth it. If you'd played another mmo in the last five years you'd know that crafting proffesions often don't have end game use and that it is often the subject of debate. I didn't start a flame thread saying the game was garbage I asked if anyone else was having the same problems hoping that I was wrong. So don't jump onto the anonymity of the internet being a dick, it doesn't help the community and it makes you look like a troll.

Also just becuase you can make orange peices with upgrade options doesn't mean those pieces hold up against common raid drops, even with all the upgrades placed in them.

Furthermore the game has been in beta testing for months, and has been available for play for almost two weeks, seeing as how people on my guild are level 50 and wearing all epics, and that I'm level 40 soon to finish the crafting skill and hit 50 myself I don't think that it was all that ridiculous of a question to ask the community.

Edited by Ditoxic

use reverse engineer in your inventory on a green item you crafted do it and get lucky and you get a blue recipe for that item now craft and reverse that blue item and if you get lucky you get a purple recipe. its realy simple but if you dont know its almost imposable to find out

use reverse engineer in your inventory on a green item you crafted do it and get lucky and you get a blue recipe for that item now craft and reverse that blue item and if you get lucky you get a purple recipe. its realy simple but if you dont know its almost imposable to find out

I've done that as well and yeilded a couple of useful purples, however I'm still worried about end game. If I spent all the money getting crafting up I want it to come in play somehow when I get into epic gear. Like how in WoW( I'm not comparing just for instancing) the armor smith would get those packs to increase armor on his epic gear thus making it a usefull profession.

Well, I can't get CyberTech above 65 on my lvl 43 BH.

Yet thanks to Underworld Trading, I have a dozen ArmorTech and Synthweaving schematics sitting in my vault.

I foolishly chose CyberTech as RP for Mako, before I fully understood how "limited" you are in your crafting in TOR.

Now I'm thinking of switching to ArmorTech.

How is it possible you can't get Cybertech over 65? I'm level 39, and have it right around 360ish. Before you ask, I have Cybertech, Scavenging, and Slicing. I don't even need the metals from Underworld Trading to level it.

How is it possible you can't get Cybertech over 65? I'm level 39, and have it right around 360ish. Before you ask, I have Cybertech, Scavenging, and Slicing. I don't even need the metals from Underworld Trading to level it.

I'm going to guess he didn't train new schematics from the trainer since the purple patterns you get from reverse engineering the starting shematics gets you to 65 before turning grey (no crafting experience).

Edited by Angaur