Gear up your classes "Spoils of War"

DirtyJedi

The last seven years you guys have been saying you listen to the community. It seems that you are only listing to a select few. Amplifiers sound like something just you had before you were revamping the system again and again. You get the gear you can't use, and you have to recycle several times to get something you need (sounds like rolling for battlemaster gear back in the day), which will take you weeks if not months to get it right. For playing a few hours a night after work, it will take years to catch up.

I just want to play the game, not grin for gear every night. After you get the items, you have to test it out to see if it works for you, "Great, I need another drink." Just another SWTOR trinkets that someone is going to exploit. I rather pay cartel market to get that gear I need so can play the game. Think about how much Bioware would make selling equipment on the Cartel market! yup keep listing to your free-to-play your (Select Few) :cool:

How about equaling out all the characters with the same amount of damage. Same abilities of healing also stun, globe cooldowns. Vanguard and Power tech can really use help in heals and shields like any other tank in the game (by the way the Vanguard and PT Koto and shield don't work!) Maybe taking the sprint ability and putting into the general ability. I hate having gear up toons that are almost unplayable.

The last seven years you guys have been saying you listen to the community. It seems that you are only listing to a select few. Amplifiers sound like something just you had before you were revamping the system again and again. You get the gear you can't use, and you have to recycle several times to get something you need (sounds like rolling for battlemaster gear back in the day), which will take you weeks if not months to get it right. For playing a few hours a night after work, it will take years to catch up.

I just want to play the game, not grin for gear every night. After you get the items, you have to test it out to see if it works for you, "Great, I need another drink." Just another SWTOR trinkets that someone is going to exploit. I rather pay cartel market to get that gear I need so can play the game. Think about how much Bioware would make selling equipment on the Cartel market! yup keep listing to your free-to-play your (Select Few) :cool:

How about equaling out all the characters with the same amount of damage. Same abilities of healing also stun, globe cooldowns. Vanguard and Power tech can really use help in heals and shields like any other tank in the game (by the way the Vanguard and PT Koto and shield don't work!) Maybe taking the sprint ability and putting into the general ability. I hate having gear up toons that are almost unplayable.

Think of how many subs BW would lose by putting end game gear on the Cartel market. Horrible idea. Lets at least see how it is on the PTS before bashing a system.

I disagree look at all the free to play games out there. World of Tanks, Planes, etc... yet you get good equipment for a few dollars. This game is pay to play anyway.

There is a huge difference between Pay-to-Play and total Pay-to-Win that most of these Freemium garbage games are.

If we ever get actual gear on Cartel Market, I will be done with SWTOR. The state of gearing is already really casual, just a bit grindy. We don't need gear on Cartel market!

To me gearing changes in 6.0 sound very good so far. And, by the way, amplifiers are not going to be overpowered and PvE will be balanced around gear without Amplifiers. I wouldn't worry about them until we actually see them and they turn out more meaningful than what devs are saying (which shouldn't happen).

P.S. This is whay devs said about amplifiers.

They (amplifiers) are not captured in any PvE balance targets except for Master Mode Operations. They don't make a huge difference to your character but they give you more options for really min/maxxing
Edited by Equeliber

The last seven years you guys have been saying you listen to the community. It seems that you are only listing to a select few. Amplifiers sound like something just you had before you were revamping the system again and again. You get the gear you can't use, and you have to recycle several times to get something you need

You need to pay more attention to what they wrote. The rerolling-amplifiers thing is not "I can't use" versus "I need", but instead, "I'd rather have something else" versus "I like this".

(sounds like rolling for battlemaster gear back in the day), which will take you weeks if not months to get it right. For playing a few hours a night after work, it will take years to catch up

Wrong statement is wrong. See above.

I just want to play the game, not grin for gear every night.

Then play the game and don't grind-for-gear. Better gear than you have will come, just as it does now, except (based on what they said) faster than it does now because we won't get repeated drops of Eternal Commander MK-1 (228-green) when we already have full MK-3 (230-purple+set bonus). (The "MK-1 effect".)

After you get the items, you have to test it out to see if it works for you,

Yeah, just like we test it out ***now*** to see e.g. which balance of Alac/Acc/Crit works in left-pieces, which relics suit us best, etc. etc. (Or we don't because we read the guides and set it up the recommended way.)

"Great, I need another drink." Just another SWTOR trinkets that someone is going to exploit. I rather pay cartel market to get that gear I need so can play the game. Think about how much Bioware would make selling equipment on the Cartel market! yup keep listing to your free-to-play your (Select Few) :cool:

End-game gear on the CM that *matches* end-game gear earned in-game is skating on the edges of Pay-To-Win, since it will presumably be available immediately. More pedantically, it's "Pay-To-Accelerate" since it means you have that gear immediately.

Well, unless it's "base grade" gear as found in the Master's Datacron gear crate. (Drops 230-purple EC MK-3 tier 1 gear that's identical to the existing in-game T1 gear. If you want better, you have to earn it in-game, and the MK-1 effect noted above means that will be slowed somewhat.

I don't see why changing Sprint's category would make the slightest difference for *anything*. A more useful change about Sprint would be to make it not put up a buff icon. Leave the ability button with the blue marker for it being on, but get rid of the "oh [REDACTED], I turned Sprint off again" problem.

But I don't see what link that has with gearing up characters.

Okay, I'm wrong I won't spend most of the time trying to figure out what works and doesn't. My play style; have a great time!

I'll wear 230 Gear in HM Operations, Play Huttball and Ranked WZ with my Vanguard and PT on Friday and Saturday. I'm sure the guild will love me for that.

For those crap games, I play. Sorry, you dislike them.