Rifles or Armour

Talon_Starfire

They're both pretty worthless to be honest.

Weapon/Armor crafters in MMORPG's are usually never "worth it" in the end. Making weapon/armor mods/stims are your best bet right now since people are actively buying them/you can actually use them yourself.

Edited by Ratham

They're both pretty worthless to be honest.

Weapon/Armor crafters in MMORPG's are usually never "worth it" in the end. Making weapon/armor mods/stims are your best bet right now since people are actively buying them/you can actually use them yourself.

I don't quite understand if they're worthless why are they my best bet?

Thanks

Biochem is hands down the best for endgame (and good for leveling too), you can make a reusable stim, medpack, and adrenals. They aren't as good as the best consumable items, but they're still adequate for raiding unless your group is really struggling.

Cybertech is also pretty good, it allows you to make armorings, mods, and earpieces. I've been in a couple nightmare EC runs where we have had good earpieces go to waste because no one in the raid could use it and no one had cybertech to try to learn the schematic for it.

Biochem is hands down the best for endgame (and good for leveling too), you can make a reusable stim, medpack, and adrenals. They aren't as good as the best consumable items, but they're still adequate for raiding unless your group is really struggling.

Cybertech is also pretty good, it allows you to make armorings, mods, and earpieces. I've been in a couple nightmare EC runs where we have had good earpieces go to waste because no one in the raid could use it and no one had cybertech to try to learn the schematic for it.

What about implants are they better than stims & adrenals?

Thanks

My Assassin has Cybertech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading so should I go Cybertech, Scavenging, Slicing for earpieces, armorings & mods or just Biochem, Bioanalysis, Diplomacy for implants, stims & adrenals?

Thanks

Which is better the Republic Command Carbine or the Assault Rifle? The Assault Rifle appears to do less damage but has more Aim than the RCC? I need to know because I'm thinking of going Armstech and swapping the mods.

Thanks

The Republic Command Carbine can be as good as you want it to be since it is a moddable rifle. Just keep the Barrel, Mod and Enhancement up to date and the rifle will "level" with you. The Assault Rifle on the other hand is not moddable: you'll use it for 2-3 levels and that's it.

So even though it may appear that the Command Carbine does less damage when you compare them on Torhead, the fact that it is moddable means that you can "upgrade" it and it will soon be better than the non-moddable one.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I would recommend Biochem > Cybertech > Artifice / Armstech > Armormech / Synthweaving. This is actually the order I chose for my toons.

Biochem (diplomacy / bioanalysis) is useful first time through in having reusable medpacks/stims as well as implants and makes the initial experience a lot easier.

Cybertech (scavenging / underworld trading) gives you armorings/mods/ear pieces, helping you level and get some good end game schems if you want.

Artifice (treasure hunting / archeology) gives you hilts and enhancements, armstech (investigation / scavenging) gives you barrels and augments. I would lean toward artifice for the enhancements.

Armormech (scavenging) and Synthweaving (archaeology) give you some gear but mostly it's significantly cheaper augmentation kit components than armstech and priority really comes down to which type of augments you need.

As far as picking armormech specifically to craft your own armor... anything you might want can be found on GTN pretty damn cheap, and you will make peanuts compared to just selling mats from diplomacy / underworld trading / slicing.

Edited by Feindseligkeit

As far as picking armormech specifically to craft your own armor... anything you might want can be found on GTN pretty damn cheap, and you will make peanuts compared to just selling mats from diplomacy / underworld trading / slicing.

Also unless you make purple armor for yourself with armormech, what you can get from flashpoints is better than anything you can make for yourself at the same levels.