Question about the second republic cinematic

Siraco

Is Setele actually the head of the jedi council in that part of the timeline?. I mean its a cool cinematic but from a lore pov the head of the jedi order has absolutely no business whatsoever being on a battlefield.

You dont see the emperor on the front lines shooting lightning nor would you see any real world general or high ranking officer intentionally put themselves anywhere near combat for obvious reasons, leaders lead.

You cant lead while your fighting for your life in direct combat and you certainly cant lead if you're dead.

I don't think so. That was probably earlier in the war. Look how young and un-scarred Malgus is in that cinematic. She was probably just a Jedi Knight then.

Im leaning that way myself.

Is that actually malgus?, I wasnt sure because the end is pretty clear that whoever it was died unless their body is harder that a solid rock face. If that sith died it cant be malgus but if it is how the hell did he survive such a totally unsurvivable attack.

Yup. All 3 cinematics had Malgus. His battle with Shan was how he got alot of his facial damage. He did survive that blast from her in the rock and escaped the planet.

"Malgus survived the encounter and was picked up by his personal shuttle.[5] Frustrated and enraged by the defeat, he payed little attention to his wounds. His breathing sounded like a rasp over wood. His skin stung from burns. His lungs were damaged. Lacerations and contusions made a grim mosaic on his flesh.[5] However, Malgus felt no pain.[5]"

Interesting.

Shame there's no explanation of how he survived. We know force users are durable but we also know they can die as easily as any humanoid. Quite how his flesh and bone body survived that im not sure.

Must of been technology like a personal shield. Seems highly unlikely he could of used the force in such a manner otherwise force users would be far harder to kill than they are often portrayed.

If i recall correctly in one of the cinematics Satele is an apprentice to that zabrak guy (forgot his name) .

Master Kao Cen Darach is the name...not one that exactly rolls off the tongue or is easy to remember.

As for Satele Shan, the second republic cinematic was at the Battle of Alderaan, which took place something like 14 prior to the assassination of the former Jedi Grand Master Zym (which took place shortly after the Sacking of Coruscant), so you're at least that far away from Satele becoming the Grand Master of the Order.

It's also something like 13 years after the third cinematic, the one with Master Kao and the youngest version of Darth Malgus (who, according to the book Deceived, was nursed back to health by Eleena - the Twi'lek from the first released cinematic - after the Battle of Alderaan, which left him badly scarred and needing the respirator he now wears).

Have to remember, something like 40 years has passed since the retaking of Korriban. In-game we're already 10 years past the attack on Coruscant (the most recent of the trailers in the timeline). A lot of time has passed over the course of those trailers.

Edited by Berethos