Loading Times on Ship between Worlds...

Rolias_Mot

First I apologize if this is already talked about in the forums. (I imagine there are different variances of the topic out there, but I seemed to be plagued by bad luck in finding them.) Also I have only scratched the surface of programming, so I apologize to the techs who design the game aspects if this is simple impossible.

I want to propose an idea for loading times. I often spend some quality time in my ship, especially now that I have all the ship unlocks available. It is an idea I have had for a while now. This is it:

Allow the ship to be a part of the current area you already have loaded. For example, if I'm in the spacedock at the imp/rep fleet, I can walk up to my ship door, click on it and it immediately opens. No load time. If I look out my cockpit window I see the inside of the hangar.

If I choose to travel to a different planet, say Nar Shadaa, I can watch events take place outside my cockpit window where my ship backs out of the hangar, (or goes forward. Each ship I realize is faced in various directions), and it heads out into space. Once clear of the current area, planet, spacedock or fleet, it engages hyperdrive. At this point, or perhaps as soon as we select the next planet, the loading starts, but only outside of the ship, allowing us to run around our ship doing what we need to. (I know my PC can easily handle this, as well as interaction with companions, auction house, etc, and it's not even really that powerful...4 years old.). If needs be allow this to be an option we can select.

I realize this is merely a cosmetic change, and probably asking a lot of the developers and staff so I appreciate any consideration or response you can give me on this. If anyone else agrees, please feel free to chime in, maybe even inserting some of your own cool ideas. :D

here is what i would like to see in my ship as like you i spend a lot of time in it now.

- being able to add Tropes (you would get them from killing bosses ect.)

- being able to pick what ship (once you unlock it via legacy work same way as race unlocks)

- being able to custermize the look of the inside of the ship