Why do us loners get punished once we reach level 50?

I've reached level 50 with my Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior characters, and I feel I have hit a dead end with them in the game. My understanding is that I've would need to do some HM FP do get better gear as my next step.... but everytime I have played with people i don't know, it turned out to be a not-such-good experience. Many people, who are experts in these FP can be greedy, impatient, or just plain mean. I do have a friend who I play with, but of course 2 are not enough to complete these FP (even though JK and Warriors my favorite types, in my opinion, they are the weakest of all classes).

I know that MMO games are all about playing with others online, but sometimes this doesn't work out for us loners who prefer not get hashed by the bullies. It would be nice to make the FP in such way that 2 can play and have the game adjust to the twosome's capabilites, and maybe complete it twice to get the same items as one group of 4 can get in one try.

Well, if you have a stealth capable character - Operative/Scoundrel or Assassin/Shadow you can solo the Black Hole weekly in daily grade gear. Via soloing that you can get BH comms which will allow you to get BH gear (which was best in slot until 1.4 came out recently). In 1.5 they are making Campaign Armourings available from the Black Hole Vendours so you'll be able to get the set bonus.

Once you have a full set of BH mini-maxed (as much as you can without doing HM EC) then you will able to solo ANY Tier 1 Flashpoint on Hard Mode. Heck, I soloed HM BT on a Sorc with full BH - what I learned? Sorcs are not solo friendly:p

So you see you can solo quite a bit of the endgame content without group even a single time. It will just take many, many weeks to get ALL the gear (a full set via grinding 6 comms a week will take you 13 weeks even with multiple characters). Here's what I suggest: get 5-8 characters to 50, do the BH weekly on all of them (heck if you can grind out the new max of 12 if you want). Buy the gear that works best for whichever you want to be your "main," and rip out the mods and send them to your main via legacy gear.

With 8 50s you can have full BH (not including the Mara/Merc/Agent offhand which is 75 comms) in less than 3 months. If your main is a Jug/Guardian or a Powertech/Vanguard or an Inquisitor/Consular then it will only take less time.

P.S: There's no via legacy to send Implants, Earpieces and weapons so buy those on your main, also if the Rakata Earpiece/Implant is better for your class, buy that.

Edited by AshlaBoga

I get where the OP is coming from. It's hard when you first reach 50 and it's inevitable that you will encounter rage-quitting, power-gaming douchebags who expect you to know every boss battle inside out like they do (and scream at you if you don't). I personally don't really get these people - they seem to have forgotten that the game is meant to be fun and are just interested in their Nietzschean quest to get the best gear as efficiently as possible - but there's no question they exist in considerable numbers.

I would say the best solution is to start a new character and participate in heroics and flashpoints as you level. This will get you more comfortable with the groups and the group dynamic, and you'll encounter less of the d-bag factor than you will at level 50.

Then, as other people have said, find a supportive guild who will run you through some of the end game flashpoints and operations. You'll probably wipe a few times, but the key to success in the late game is knowing how to defeat the various bosses. Once you know the tricks and traps of the bosses, you'll be able to join PuGs without fearing abuse.

I've reached level 50 with my Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior characters, and I feel I have hit a dead end with them in the game. My understanding is that I've would need to do some HM FP do get better gear as my next step.... but everytime I have played with people i don't know, it turned out to be a not-such-good experience. Many people, who are experts in these FP can be greedy, impatient, or just plain mean. I do have a friend who I play with, but of course 2 are not enough to complete these FP (even though JK and Warriors my favorite types, in my opinion, they are the weakest of all classes).

I know that MMO games are all about playing with others online, but sometimes this doesn't work out for us loners who prefer not get hashed by the bullies. It would be nice to make the FP in such way that 2 can play and have the game adjust to the twosome's capabilites, and maybe complete it twice to get the same items as one group of 4 can get in one try.

While your requests aren't entirely unreasonable, that's not really how the MMO genre works. You can't reinvent the genre... the world exists by the interaction between others. You can choose to limit how much interaction you have with others, but you must be aware of the consequences that you're limiting how much content you can do in this game.

It depends what issues the OP is having with others. It being people getting angry because they die to much or for him being undergeared. The one I see alot more of people ripping on ya if you dont know the area and the fights.

I will admit before taking my break I knew all the FP's and raids like the back of my hand. Since a returning some I still know some but now people do all these short cuts and what not that i dont know the proper paths.

I inform them before hand I just returned and this or that wasnt out when I left. Some will explain some will say nothing and I have to follow closely.

Some will inform of the fights of what to do and what to interrupt. Some will get all pissy and kick or leave with an attitude if they fail alot or even once.

It matters who you pick and choose to play with. I know if playing with the group finder than your rolling the dice on the type of fp or SM you will get with.

Some newly 50's wont do the daily's to get somewhat geard so it squishy die time for some. They just think the HM fps are that easy to get geared fast if they are on level 37 or 42 blue and green gear.

Edited by bravotwentysev

Did you not read that the person has grouped but found jerks so has made the grouping very unpleasant? I can understand the problem there are people that act like jerks when you pug which is why the grouping can be unpleasant and most want to avoid it..
I see where you are coming from, but not everyone in the game are jerks. Like others have said, find a guild. I came into this game because of friends. I was against the entire MMO thing, but I was a fan of KotOR. Well my friends talked me into to it and we started a guild at launch. We discovered that we were not going to be able to progress beyond HMFP without more since not everyone was leveling as fast as others, so we formed alliances with other small guilds. The only rule we have is respect everyone. Last night in HM EC, I watched everyone pass on the offhand just so I could have the skill barrel for my mainhand. Which I had no reason getting and even I had difficulty taking it over some of them that were still using rakata. This is a group where only one of them was a friend I knew before TOR. All are nice as they can be.

I use to do PUGs daily on my healer, but I have slowed down. I understand where you are coming from. I would quit the game if I had to depend on PUGS for after 50 play. When I type Hello at the start and no one even takes a moment to type two letters it is annoying. Would rather take fresh 50s in my guild or alliance through than deal with people that can't even take a moment to type "Hi".

Edited by mikebevo

MMO = Social-interaction based game.

MMO Playerbase = Sizable amount of unsocialized d-bags and insecure elitists.

> Find a good *casual* guild: Your attempts to learn FPs, Ops, etc. can then be fun since you'll have patient helpers until you get them each down pat. Also no onerous requirements for membership. Just show up and play with them when you want.

Don't want to guild?

> Add cool people to friends list: Stay in touch periodically and you might have enough for a group, or they might

invite you to a group. Better chance of not grouping with d-bags than a straight PUG.

Edited by Joesixxpack

You guys who are commenting that "You are playing an MMO" stuff are exactly the kinds of people he doesn't want to interact with. You take Ops stuff way too seriously, and i suspect you treat other players like garbage in game, just like you are doing in this thread.

What are people supposed to say when pointing out this guy needs an attitude adjustment? It IS an MMO. It's DESIGNED to require players to INTERACT. Simple as that. If he's got a problem with that basic design principle inherent with all MMORPGs, then he should try something else. As much as he wishes this round peg to be square, it is a round peg.

Getting the recruit gear is a definite boost.

Grab the daily and Weekly FP quests.

Queue for specific T1 FPs - do Black Talon HM alot! Get drops and commendations to fill out your gear. Get a feel for what's expected of your character/role. Queueing for the full list will expose you to the harder FPs AND people that may be less tolerant of a newcomer.

HM False Emperor, D7, Battle of Ilum and Kaon are NOT for a fresh 50 with little to no grouping experience in a PUG.

I never played an MMO before this. I only bought this game because I loved KOTOR and KOTOR II. But having played since launch, I am now running the hardest operations and having an absolute blast doing it.

If you are dedicated to playing solo, the game essentially ends when you finish your class quest. Your option is to try another class or re-roll a new character and play through the story again if you like. Even at that, this game has far more content than KOTOR did for single player.

If you are just timid about getting into more of the group encounters, start slow. Run dailies solo, get some purple mods for your gear, and then start doing hard mode flashpoints. If people act like jerks, put them on ignore and move on. Before you know it, you will be in columi gear and you can start doing 8-man raids like Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace.

I know that MMO games are all about playing with others online, but sometimes this doesn't work out for us loners who prefer not get hashed by the bullies.

You need to build up some character, to accept critics, to know how to use them to get better and not getting hurt by them.

If anything, it will help you IRL too.

I never played an MMO before this. I only bought this game because I loved KOTOR and KOTOR II. But having played since launch, I am now running the hardest operations and having an absolute blast doing it.

If you are dedicated to playing solo, the game essentially ends when you finish your class quest. Your option is to try another class or re-roll a new character and play through the story again if you like. Even at that, this game has far more content than KOTOR did for single player.

If you are just timid about getting into more of the group encounters, start slow. Run dailies solo, get some purple mods for your gear, and then start doing hard mode flashpoints. If people act like jerks, put them on ignore and move on. Before you know it, you will be in columi gear and you can start doing 8-man raids like Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace.

^^^^ This is the best advice for the solo player.

I came into this game as a solo-only and slowly got into end-game stuff. I ended up staying because I like the people I've grouped with.

Good luck.

I agree with what some of the earlier posters were saying.

In a single player game, when you finish the story, you either get booted out, or get left on your own to finish old side missions and catch up on dialogue with NPCs.

So, in essence, you've played a singleplayer game to its full extent. You're not being punished, you're just finished with the game.

There's no reason why the few soloists should steal Bioware's focus away from the Massively MULTIPLAYER Online crowd to make some solo content we don't really need, when thousands (or millions. I really forgot how many people play this game. It kinda feels like SWG now, where people are lying about the numbers) of people would probably be barely, if at all, interested in it.