Loving these arenas!

Going

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please for the love of all things holy say they will NOT be bolstered!!

I'm an adamant proponent of eliminating bolster from end game. however, they also need to make pvp tiers = pve tiers, so that the best end game pve barrel won't be better than the best available pvp barrel. I don't raid. I don't give a hoot about raiding. raiding should have absolutely nothing to do with bis in pvp and vice versa.

:2cents:

Unless the new PvP gear has non **** relics and non **** set bonuses I hope they are honestly.

Would like to see adrenals and clickies in arenas as well.

UM....NO

It would make stealthers even more powerful.

4 Shadows popping adrenals and opening with back stab and insta crit 3 stack force breaches will be stupid as hell.

UM....NO

It would make stealthers even more powerful.

4 Shadows popping adrenals and opening with back stab and insta crit 3 stack force breaches will be stupid as hell.

Indeed. I am for bolster in the arenas (but I'd like it actually working correctly), against adrenals/clickies, and against premades. Stealth is going to be very powerful and I don't want to constantly see full-stealth teams rampaging everyone. I'm fine with premades in warzones, since there's still objectives which you need to unstealth to take, but the problem with full stealth teams in arenas is not only can the full team queue together (since it's 4v4 instead of 8v8) but a stealth team can stay hidden until all of their cooldowns are done, and can then converge upon one player and restealth. There's no defense against that. A few random queues may throw in more stealth players than others, but I definitely would like to see solo-only queuing. (a premade vs premade queue would be cool too though)

I'm fine with them bolstering arenas. Arenas are a stripped down contest of skill, and the best team will win even if bolster keeps the gear levels similar (and fair). Bolster would also allow more casual players to experience arenas in the lower brackets without having to do the WZ grind first.

So yeah, don't care.

They said that arenas will be bolstered. I'll link Pistols thread about it, hold on.

Bolster: In a nutshell, they are very aware of player concerns about Bolster, unhappy that they didn't get it working properly fast enough, and they plan on very much keeping it around. Bolster will in FACT, be applied to Arenas as well. I also asked why they decided to use Bolster as opposed to a more legit Recruit Mark III set, and essentially they felt too many fresh 50's (at the time) were simply not using it period. I was little irked at that, since tbh that's on the player, and others shouldn't be penalized for a drooler, but they felt if Bolster is applied then all parties would be essentially benefit for the better. They are continuing to improve Bolster, are aware of some issues that are still live, and as I said are very much committed to making it work. IMO, and I think many others agree, Bolster would be fine for PvP...it would just be nice to remove the "not-intended" issues that come along with it. Either way, it's here to stay so, our best bet is to keep reporting whatever issues we see on it, and get it posted, as that helped them a lot with the massive amount of feedback.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=662393&page=8

Edited by Darkshadz

Indeed. I am in full support of bolster for arenas... when it's working. It's a great idea, but the fact that people are wearing trash and getting more stats than a player wearing PvE or PvP gear. Obviously the bugs aren't as severe as they were initially (I would indeed say the current situation is a vast improvement to the 900k hp exploits seen on the PTS)

As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :p) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Cheers!

Any updated ETA on this blog post? I think many of us are anxiously waiting to read it.

Any updated ETA on this blog post? I think many of us are anxiously waiting to read it.

Agreed!

I cant wait to read this blog, then blog about the blog, while anticipating people blogging about my blog about the blog. Inevitably people will then blog about the blog that blogged about the blog that blogged about the original blog, regretably it will result in a "nerf smash/op/heals" and "fix bolster/premade" blog.

Cant wait!

Agreed!

I cant wait to read this blog, then blog about the blog, while anticipating people blogging about my blog about the blog. Inevitably people will then blog about the blog that blogged about the blog that blogged about the original blog, regretably it will result in a "nerf smash/op/heals" and "fix bolster/premade" blog.

Cant wait!

Have fun with that! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
So.... How about that blog post?

Just pinged the powers that be for an update myself! I want to get it out just as much as yall want to read it so I'm eagerly awaiting its posting just as much as yall.

The blog post will answer a ton of questions but I know it will generate plenty as well, so once the blog gets posted I'll be in the accompanying thread answering all the questions I can. Looking forward to yall reading pouring over the details and your feedback. :jawa_biggrin:

Cheers!

Last we heard it is expected next week. I would have no problem it was sooner, but there was another update recently:

Alex's blog never had a publish date just a target, so it couldn't really be pushed ;)

The blog will not happen this week for sure. Based on our current process of review and whatnot, we are targeting for it to hit the week of August 12th. Now it has a publish week so you can yell at me if that changes. :rak_03:

-eric

The blog post will answer a ton of questions but I know it will generate plenty as well, so once the blog gets posted I'll be in the accompanying thread answering all the questions I can.:jawa_biggrin:

Cheers!

Thank you Alex - that's awesome to offer this upfront!

How about a mercenary queue like call of duty has. for those who don't know Call of duty they have a mercenary queue that is for solo players only no teams. it would be a total pug queue where you could play without having to go up against any kind of premades. it would be great for lowbie war zones too where you wouldn't have to contented with lvl 50-54 4 man premades when your queuing in the low teens. nothing stinks more then going up against a skilled and geared premade while your in a pug. that's when the name calling and the rage quits starts and instead of working together to try and conquer the premade your stuck getting killed. If you have ever said in a wz "that this is the worst group ever" well know matter how good you think you are your part of that group. A mercenary solo queue would solve some of theses problems now people are still going to cry no matter what you do. but this would be nice for lowbie and non ranked pvp .

Just pinged the powers that be for an update myself! I want to get it out just as much as yall want to read it so I'm eagerly awaiting its posting just as much as yall.

The blog post will answer a ton of questions but I know it will generate plenty as well, so once the blog gets posted I'll be in the accompanying thread answering all the questions I can. Looking forward to yall reading pouring over the details and your feedback. :jawa_biggrin:

Cheers!

Way to not answer the question. You should consider a career in politics. :cool:

Glad you like the artwork! We are pretty happy with them as well :)

As for your question, I am writing up a blog post today (it won't be posted until next or or possibly the week after because it needs to be translated and rubber stamped by my bosses and their bosses and their bosses bosses and their.... you see where this is going :p) that will explain this aspect of Warzone Arenas and more! Sorry for the tease but it's an in-depth answer and best to keep all the where, whys, and hows in one place.

Cheers!

what? o.O

we get a dev post on this?!? :confused:

Way to not answer the question. You should consider a career in politics. :cool:

No it is because of insults and attitudes like this when someone is trying to help and do their job that makes the powers that be keep their mouth shut. Of course I assume you are probably on a PVP server (or should be) - way to represent.

thank you Alex for giving us feedback