Kicked out of a group for stupid rason thread.

fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

As a tank and my roommate being heals, we usually do our own thing and there have been times when he's said "I'm in the same guild as the tank" and have gotten back replies of "yeah, so? " well... that means he's going to follow me. If I'm going to avoid 90% of the mobs for a quick finish, so be it. If I'm going to do the bonus crap like in Taral V, guess what? That's what we're doing. Normally, I'm like, whatever. Whatever the group wants to do. Haven't been kicked for it yet, and I shouldn't be. But you know how some peoples kids can be.

Was it through group finder or did you get a pick up group and they said speed run?

It was through group finder. When we first started, someone asked had everyone done it before, & I was the only one who said no. No response from anyone after that, & after the 1st convo, I was voted to be kicked.

The reason I get kicked a lot of the times is because I don't heal others. When I make a healer it is not so I can support my teammates, it is so I can keep my own butt alive the longest. I can see why people wouldn't like that so I came up with a solution, make your own healer.:)

Not sure how I should respond to this

A) If you are the designated healer in the group, you are supposed to heal everybody's butts (which includes your own). That's your job. If you don't do your job, then your butt gets rightfully kicked. Pretty much like it happens in RL

or simply

B) lol derp

I've only been kicked once. Tanking the brute on Kaon. Wiped on in three times because the healer couldn't keep up. I mean literally keep up as I was kiting it. This was way before being insanely overgeared was a possibility, so I'd move to the barrels, wait til it got close to pop them, then move on.

The healer goes on a rant about how I need to stand still longer so she can heal. One, it's not as if healers lack range so long as they have LoS. Two, she was a sorc, so she could easily speed burst ahead if necessary and heal as I'm coming in. Three, she had no concept of using her AoE heals while I an the mdps were standing still on the boss to pop the barrels. Vote kick reason: won't f*&Sing stand still." My apologies =p

I have the feeling that they didn't get it done, because that wasn't the first place she had issues. Again, my only votekick, and I threw that Sorc on ignore so life is good.

I've been vote kicked for not spacebarring during a flashpoint. In fact, once I was vote kicked for taking too long to respond. Which I was doing on purpose.

See, if you ask politely to skip dialogue, and the entire group agrees, and I've done the FP before? Sure.

But, if you just DEMAND that I skip, don't even care if I've done it before, you just assume? Well, you know what they say about assuming... I won't spacebar, and I will wait until the last second on every conversation. ***-u-me, baby.

I've been vote kicked for other dumb reasons, but I don't really remember most of them.

I don't get it. How can people play MMO's for years and not get kicked out of groups? :confused:

Did you read the first part of my post? I've done hardly any grouped content since I quit DDO. In TOR, I have grouped once with a player other than the person I duo with. In the 2 years I played LotRO regularly, I grouped maybe 5 or 6 times with players other than the person I duo with.

I've been kicked out of groups *and* guilds. I've kicked people from groups and guilds. I've left groups and guilds.

I have quit maybe 2 dozen guilds in the various MMOs I have played over the years. Never been kicked because I get annoyed with them long before they get annoyed with me.

It was through group finder. When we first started, someone asked had everyone done it before, & I was the only one who said no. No response from anyone after that, & after the 1st convo, I was voted to be kicked.

Yeah, I don't get that. Every time I do Black Talon or Esseles, there's always some weenie who's like HURRY HURRY HURRY. I'll generally ask if it's anybody's first time, and if it is, I don't ask to spacebar through. Everybody should see the story once.

Usually, though, I get completely ignored because most people don't bother reading or they haven't turned off "chat panel fade" and don't see the chat window. *sigh*

Either way, getting kicked for being new sucks. I'd never vote for a kick in that case.

I got kicked the other day for not healing. Kept getting whispers from one of the guys in the group asking me why I'm such a fail healer, why would you even queue as a healer if you aren't going to heal, why don't you just go kill yourself and stop being bad at this game.

I was on my Sentinel, apparently my Juyo Zen was the only thing healing the group and the little moron got confused.

Yeah, I don't get that. Every time I do Black Talon or Esseles, there's always some weenie who's like HURRY HURRY HURRY. I'll generally ask if it's anybody's first time, and if it is, I don't ask to spacebar through. Everybody should see the story once.

That is fast becoming my pet peeve. I know everyone is in a hurry, and wants their phat lewtz and xp - which you miss out on if you skip bonuses, by the by. In the leveling FPs, the more you kill the more xp you get and the more money you make. Especially as we have to get stuff as we go, like in Foundry, why not take a few more minutes over the course of the entire FP and do it? Speaking of Foundry...Yes yes this is your 23rd alt and you've done Foundry over 100 times, but see the group member without rocket boots? He just said it's his first time ever in here, let's let him enjoy the lore-rich show shall we? The enraging response they often give is "they can watch it on youtube". I have yet to think of a proper smarmy response to such foolishness.

Back on topic: haven't been kicked so far. But then, I've not tried tanking, and that may do it. :D I'm also reluctant to voke-kick another player. Bad playing I can heal through, as there may be people new to that class, or that FP, or that role. Pure rudeness will make me call a vote - I can take jokes, swearing, off-color commentary, even "lol u suk noob!" stuff, but I will not tolerate the N-word, for example. Ninja looting is the other - we're all poor and want to win, stop stealing everyone's green vendor trash or my legit upgrade.

Here in SWTOR? Nothing yet (-fingers crossed-)

In WoW? Oh, I got a stupid reason.

Zul'Aman when it was re-vamped in Cata. My bow broke before the third boss and I kindly asked if anyone had a repair mount so I wouldn't have to zone out. They said "no" so I said brb. Pop out, repair, and bounce back in less then two minutes. I was about past the Bear platform when I got:

"You have been kicked from the group"

-.- Seriously?

I got kicked for wearing pvp gear in a 55 hardmode.

I know it's not the best choice but let me explain a bit; it was hammer station and I was in all defense build 65s fully augmented for tanking. Plus I had done this flashpoint Probally a million times with my other tanks but I wanted to start working in this pvp toon

I told them right away when and I got there but one DPS went bananas

I knew it would be fine but I told him I would bow out if the group did not feel comfortable.

Then I asked for one shot at it and said if we wipe or have any problems I will leave.

The DPS guy was still not into it; saying its 69s min. I tried to explain that when these first came out we did them in 61s and 58s with little problem and my gear has higher stats than 61s and that I do progressive raids with my other tanks so I know what I am doing here.

But instead I got the kick, wouldn't of been so bad if he didn't wright in the reason section: GO BACK TO PvP F**

Was pvp gear the best option, no...but I trust my ability to tank In That situation.

The guy just didn't have to such a little jerk about it

Edited by kirorx

Had a great experience recently in the fp where you fight this dude while dodging rocket engine exhaust (not sure what the name is....sorry lol). It was a pug group...I was healing. The tank was clicking need on every drop. Tha first few times I didn't say anything. But when I saw him (a Jedi) select need on a barrel with aim stats, I decided to speak up. So I said "hey, not sure if you realize it but proper etiquette is to only need on items your character can actually use. Everything else including stuff for your companions select greed." As soon as I said that, a lil window popped up saying a vote is being taken to kick mere from the group.....The vote apparently failed because the tank called us a bunch of crybaby a%# bi%%@es and quit the group. :rolleyes:

Like...shame on us for ACTUALLY wanting some of the drops! :D

• 2 weeks later...
The reason I get kicked a lot of the times is because I don't heal others. When I make a healer it is not so I can support my teammates, it is so I can keep my own butt alive the longest. I can see why people wouldn't like that so I came up with a solution, make your own healer.:)

Every healer that doesn't heal others is going to be kicked.

I was once in a 16m group for TC and the leader kicked me from the ops group to get a different dps because he didn't like snipers. It was really funny because both of the healers and a tank were members of my guild. so they quit and caused his ops group to wipe while we made are own group with most of the members from his original ops group. he was really mad and couldn't understand why we wouldn't invite him to our group lol :rolleyes:

I was once in a 16m group for TC and the leader kicked me from the ops group to get a different dps because he didn't like snipers. It was really funny because both of the healers and a tank were members of my guild. so they quit and caused his ops group to wipe while we made are own group with most of the members from his original ops group. he was really mad and couldn't understand why we wouldn't invite him to our group lol :rolleyes:

Nice fight fire with smoke lol! Smoke em out.