Unassembled Components in 6.0

JediMasterAlex

As I said in another thread, the discussion is actively ongoing on not only what new gear will look like, but how it will be acquired. So weigh in on how you see UCs in the future, if at all.

Is there any chance or maybe ongoing discussion amongst the developers, to add some or any (even-1) amount of Gear Crystals or any kind of high-end gear materials etc, by finishing weekly missions like - Section-X, Black Hole, CZ-198, Ziost... for the first time on week basis of course, like we have a specific amount of Command points now?

In my opinion, that would bring a lot of players to the worlds which are now a bit lonely and deserted. Ossus is the only one where you get that high-end gear. Reviving all of the above-mentioned planets can be really exciting and would definitely bring more players, for the crystal hunt. That would also immensely influence all gameplay on that specific planets. Like, nowadays very hard or even impossible to get, PvP achievements. If not a member of a very large guild, which may or not may be interested in doing any of them, like for example CZ198 - 1980 kills...etc?

I just hope you will reconsider this option? I love doing these dailies, on all the planets, especially devastated Ziost and lush Section-X, for me all of them are really marvelously built.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this elusive 6.0 you are speaking of :rak_03:?

Let me spin this around, how would you want to see gear acquired via PvP in a large future update, such as an expansion? Should it be via a commendation system (UCs, PvP tokens, etc)? Should it be drops from boxes? Mission rewards? Yes?

As I said in another thread, discussion are actively on going on not only what new gear will look like, but how it will be acquired. So weigh in on how you see UCs in the future, if at all.

-eric

Doesnt matter with what gear for pvp will be acquired, most important that IT MUST BE FAST enough since pvp players must be able to play pvp depending firmly on skill but not gear. Full Gear must be obtained via pvp very fast since pvp players have no time on any gear grind . Current ranked seasons are small and players need to spend their time on increasing skill and getting elo rather than grinding daylies or weeklies.

Edited by omaan

Doesnt matter with what gear for pvp will be acquired, most important that IT MUST BE FAST enough since pvp players must be able to play pvp depending firmly on skill but not gear. Full Gear must be obtained via pvp very fast since pvp players have no time on any gear grind . Current ranked seasons are small and players need to spend their time on increasing skill and getting elo rather than grinding daylies or weeklies.

This is an excellent point about why it's important that gearing be faster, at least for PVP purposes.

If they want horrible gag-inducing grinds, awesome! Keep it to your PVE though and offer options for PVPers that allow them to not be under-geared for ages on all their alts due to such an awful gear grind.

PVP should be about skill, not gears. End of story.

This is an excellent point about why it's important that gearing be faster, at least for PVP purposes.

If they want horrible gag-inducing grinds, awesome! Keep it to your PVE though and offer options for PVPers that allow them to not be under-geared for ages on all their alts due to such an awful gear grind.

PVP should be about skill, not gears. End of story.

Well, yes, but honestly you do not see many 258 rating people in ranked. The PVPers are above 252 but still, there are very few full 258 even though you could have gotten full 258 on a lot of alts by now.

• 2 months later...
Well, yes, but honestly you do not see many 258 rating people in ranked. The PVPers are above 252 but still, there are very few full 258 even though you could have gotten full 258 on a lot of alts by now.

Because "bolster". It breaks my 258 basically. :D So why I had to grind 258 and then meed 118 ppl wich do almost same? Just because they're lazy ? Thanks no. Stopped pvp couple months already on geared char. Sometimes play by naked ones.

Yes indeed. Booster doesnt change much since it doesnt boost all needed stats. What we really need is that pvp players could gear up to maximum in a small fraction of time without being bothered by weeklies, dailies which are out of pvp activities (like kill one huge pve boss, kill 2 small pve bosses or plant 10 bombs on someones farm etc). Pvp players want to play pvp, they want skill to decide all. Why the hell my 258 mara does 5-6.8 k dps while my 230 mara does 3-4k dps under same circumstances and under bolster? Bolster isn't good, gearing fast through pvp in few weeks is good so in 1-2 weeks pvp player could have full best gear, amplifiers, tacticals etc

What is this elusive 6.0 you are speaking of :rak_03:?

Let me spin this around, how would you want to see gear acquired via PvP in a large future update, such as an expansion? Should it be via a commendation system (UCs, PvP tokens, etc)? Should it be drops from boxes? Mission rewards? Yes?

As I said in another thread, discussion are actively on going on not only what new gear will look like, but how it will be acquired. So weigh in on how you see UCs in the future, if at all.

-eric

A simple system that depends on tokens that can be gained in reasonable time from PVP activities.

Absolutely no random lockboxes, no lockouts behind reputation, no special currency for certain items ( such as main-hand/offhand) and all legacy bound so we can send gear to alts.

UCs are fine as a currency. Trading up one empty shell for the next grade is fine. + UCs and/or MWDCs if you have to. And make MWDCs available for regs - as a daily completion reward maybe. Let us trade MWDCs for the Monumental DCs as well. - Maybe 5 or 10 for-1 or something?

Let lower level alts earn currency as well. If we're playing the game and PVP-ing why not get an appropriate reward than we can spend anywhere within our legacy.

while you're at it, look at the daily and weekly PVP rewards too. - especially the schematics. There aren't any schematics that I haven't already got ages ago. - Week after week, they all end up being sold to vendors.

I'm predicting a whole heap of trouble with new skills and abilities and utilities and gear and such as it is.... At least keep the currency and progression simple and sensible.

Edited by Storm-Cutter