Force-users/Casters and Accuraty rating

I recently startet to "raid" and i was told to get an accuraty rating of atleast 110 for eternity vault. Now first of all it was very expensive and hard to get the rating from AH.

Now after the raid i tjecked the gear from the merchants out, and to my astonishment force-master and force-mystic dont have that stat on em at all.

I felt forced to by stalker pants from the token that droped to get accuraty, now as a sith sorc. it felt odd.

Could someone please tell me how i should go about this. Should i as Sith Sorc. consentrate on acc. rating at all or not...?

if you are heals, i think you just need 100%, but if you are dps, you should get more. your teammates are not going to parry, deflect or whatever you heals, but if u have less than 100, you could miss. if you are dps, your enemies could parry, deflect etc., so u need a lil extra to help ensure contact and that some lightning resistance doesnt get the better of you.

if you are heals, i think you just need 100%, but if you are dps, you should get more. your teammates are not going to parry, deflect or whatever you heals, but if u have less than 100, you could miss. if you are dps, your enemies could parry, deflect etc., so u need a lil extra to help ensure contact and that some lightning resistance doesnt get the better of you.

I have 0 accuracy as Sorc heals and have yet to see a heal miss. Can anyone confirm if this is required at all for heals (I have assumed not)

Ok then why aint there any accurity on any of the raid items.....?

Im not talking about healing healing dont need the stat i soly talk about range caster dps...none of the raid gear have the stat and i have to buy stalker gear so i wonder do caster DPS need it at all or is it a merly melee stat.

There was accuracy on the head piece that dropped for me last night from the first boss (im an assassin)

Though I went in with just 96% accuracy and did just fine (most people had a simalar gear to what I had stat wise)

Imo unless you are doing the heroic version not having 100% seems to make very little difference.

Just go by the Tiered PvE gear.. I don't know what you're guild is thinking, pretty much anything can be downed on normal in daily mods, and columi in HM.

I also don't think acc. does anything for heals, as its a roll against your targets defense rating, and its not an offensive skill.

Accuracy does not calculate into healing at all, it's a stat that calculates against enemy status in order to calculate your and their hit rates.

Enemies status are not calculated with Healing as it is a player to player move, so as such is impossible to miss with Healing anyway.

In terms of usefulness Accuracy is Tank>DPS>Healer.

Tanks need it slightly more than DPS because they hold aggro, which means they are attacked more so they need enemies to miss more, which requires higher Accuracy ratings.

Edited by AngelousWang

Accuracy does not calculate into healing at all, it's a stat that calculates against enemy status in order to calculate your and their hit rates.

Enemies status are not calculated with Healing as it is a player to player move, so as such is impossible to miss with Healing anyway.

In terms of usefulness Accuracy is Tank>DPS>Healer.

Tanks need it slightly more than DPS because they hold aggro, which means they are attacked more so they need enemies to miss more, which requires higher Accuracy ratings.

Wrong.

Accuracy has nothing to do with defense. At all.

It only has to do with you hitting the mob. That's it. Period.

I recently startet to "raid" and i was told to get an accuraty rating of atleast 110 for eternity vault. Now first of all it was very expensive and hard to get the rating from AH.

Now after the raid i tjecked the gear from the merchants out, and to my astonishment force-master and force-mystic dont have that stat on em at all.

I felt forced to by stalker pants from the token that droped to get accuraty, now as a sith sorc. it felt odd.

Could someone please tell me how i should go about this. Should i as Sith Sorc. consentrate on acc. rating at all or not...?

Hi Sprasz,

I can't give you exact percentages on what your accuracy should be for raids. However, current belief is that raid bosses have an extra 10% of melee/spell avoidance, so you should aim to get your accuracy as high as possible. A missed spell or ability has such a negative effect on your overall dps that it should be a primary focus of your secondary stats (such as crit, alacrity, surge, etc). If you mouse over your accuracy stat on your character screen you'll be able to see how it is calculated. As a sorcerer you will not need to worry about your melee accuracy, only force accuracy.

It would also appear that having a surplus of accuracy isn't a waste as excess accuracy is turned into penetration which would bypass the resistance of the enemy, thereby giving you more damage.

Also, just to touch on a few points others have said. Healing has no benefit from acc, heals always hit. Accuracy DOES NOT effect avoidance for tanks, defense effects physical evasion (and I think magical damage dealt, but I'm not at my gaming PC and can't check that) and absorbtion effects shield block. Accuracy would only help in holding aggro because your attacks will hit more.

Hope this helps answer your question.

No.

Accuracy affects your chance to hit the enemy, not the enemies' chance to hit you. DEFENSE is the stat that affects enemies' chance to hit you.

You're wrong, it lowers your target's defense when you have your accuracy higher than 100.

Way to noob it up, bro.

Specifically, as per the loading screen tooltip:

Accuracy over 100% will REDUCE a target's change to parry/deflect/resist an attack made by you.

Basically, if you want WoW terms: Accuracy = Hit + Expertise (when you break 100%). A Sage/Sorceror does not require any accuracy for 100% hit chance with force abilities (if you wanna run up and melee, you only got a base 90%).

HOWEVER, this does not rule out the enemy Resisting your force attack.

100% Hit Chance = All Force/Tech attacks will Hit, but the enemy still rolls to Resist.

110% Hit Chance = All Force/Tech attacks will Hit, but the enemy still rolls to Resist, if they have more than a 10% resist chance.

And obviously, this is irrelevant for healers. Healing doesn't miss.