Alt toon on Republic side, something I've noticed

ZeusThunder

After leveling two character through PvP on the Imperial side and almost one through PvP on the Republic side I've noticed some very interesting trends. This is of course only on one server, so it may just be me but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed these things as well.

1) Imperials don't like to defend; Republic loves to defend

In Civil War and Voidstar, there have been countless times where the Imperials leave a point completely undefended because at the time all the action is taking place somewhere else. They'll work hard to take a turret in Civil War only to lose it again 30 seconds later because everybody left after taking it.

For the Republic side, they like to defend TOO much. I see all the time when we have just one turret in Civil War 3-4 people defending the one we have and not enough trying to get another one. In Voidstar it is much harder to ninja-cap a door when facing the Republic because they always tend to have at least one person guarding each side.

In summary, the Imperials just seem much more aggressive than the Republic do. Sometimes this is to a fault, other times it is not.

2) Imperials are better at PvP; Republic is better at warzone objectives (excluding Huttball)

I really can't think of a specific example right now but does anyone else ever get the feeling that Republic victory often comes from correct strategy and Imperial victory often comes from just zerging stuff and happening to win just because they could kill the other players really fast?

republic has more healers and more tanks

More heals and more tanks = sturdier clumps of pubs

More survivability = less 'stringing out' from spawn to wherever the objectives are

This results in more natural cohesion and better staying power on objectives

on my server in huttball pub control the middle like 80% of all games, as an example of this effect.

imps have more dps, It only takes 1 or 2 other players to decide to switch their target to the target some other dps is mindlessly attacking in order to have good focus fire in this game.

Agreed on both points. As an imperial operative, every time I play alderran I get a huge laugh. We'll always get 2 turrets, republic will get 1, and keep 4-5 players guarding their one turret. Then they'll lose the game, log into forums, and whine about how BW caters to the Empire by making their turrets fire faster.

Agreed on both points. As an imperial operative, every time I play alderran I get a huge laugh. We'll always get 2 turrets, republic will get 1, and keep 4-5 players guarding their one turret. Then they'll lose the game, log into forums, and whine about how BW caters to the Empire by making their turrets fire faster.

On our server, in Alderaan, Empire always loses because all they do is 8man zerg and leaves all their bases unattended.

On our server, in Alderaan, Empire always loses because all they do is 8man zerg and leaves all their bases unattended.

Yeah I can definitely see that happening. I always roll with 2-3 guildies when we play WZs so we usually win regardless, but when I queue solo I am absolutely astounded by the sheer stupidity of 90% of PvPers regardless of faction.

This all can be related to one thing I realized as well..

Imperial's average age is 5-7 years younger.

I have a feeling all the kids went to the "Dark Side" with purple lightning because it's cool.

Not sure, but a lot of immaturity with the imps... hence the lack of discipline to play the objective me thinks.

As for imps being better skilled at PVP?? how can you tell, most servers it's 5 to 1 ratio.

When on equal numbers or out numbered, the imps seem to not know what to do where as the reps do. not because they are more skilled but a little more experienced playing the out numbered games.

There may be something to that, in part. The center point has a tactical advantage because it is quicker to get reinforcements from the center to either edge than it is to get from one edge to the other. So at the start of a match if the entire team focused on capping the center turret, then left two behind and the other six attacked in force on one side, it shouldn't be too hard to cap a second. The other team will be slowed down because backup may be all the way across the map. Then if you leave two at each turret you've captured and have a four man roving band of death that swoops in every time one is threatened, there's no reason you should ever lose a turret.

Of course that would mean working together and possibly taking direction from someone else, so it'll never happen.

Here's the experience on my server from most common to least. Percentage shows how often.

Empire comes in three groups

1. 40% - Mostly full BM and in premades. They stomp hard and quick, coordinate well. Very hard to win against.
  2. 40% - Sorc, Sorc, Sorc, Sorc, Sorc, Merc, Assassin, BH. Half the time, I just give up emotionally when i see 5 enemies with bubbles.
  3. 20% - PuGs of randoms. Squishy and goes down easier than jello in the summer.

Republic comes in three groups

1. 75% - PuGs of randoms. Depending on wz type and # of healers, it's a crap shoot. And 20% of the time, they will focus fire on the healers.
  2. 15% - A group of premades that are outfitted and work together well.
  3. 10% - A group of randoms with 2+ healers that does their job properly.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

Actually, when both side turrets are taken, more often than not the Empire turret shoots first.

the officail patch note confirmed the when Imps capped the closer (for them) node it, on occasion, fire a double shot (10 points).

PvP

Warzones

General

Fixed a queue interface exploit that allowed players to bring additional players into a warzone. While imbalances can still happen under specific circumstances, the issue can no longer be intentionally triggered by players in this way. *UPDATED*

Alderaan Civil War

The Eastern Turret no longer fires twice under some circumstances when it is captured by the Imperials.

Some imps still deny it even after it has been confirmed by the Devs.

Edited by ImURmaster

Here's the experience on my server from most common to least. Percentage shows how often.

Empire comes in three groups

1. 40% - Mostly full BM and in premades. They stomp hard and quick, coordinate well. Very hard to win against.
  2. 40% - Sorc, Sorc, Sorc, Sorc, Sorc, Merc, Assassin, BH. Half the time, I just give up emotionally when i see 5 enemies with bubbles.
  3. 20% - PuGs of randoms. Squishy and goes down easier than jello in the summer.

Republic comes in three groups

1. 75% - PuGs of randoms. Depending on wz type and # of healers, it's a crap shoot. And 20% of the time, they will focus fire on the healers.
  2. 15% - A group of premades that are outfitted and work together well.
  3. 10% - A group of randoms with 2+ healers that does their job properly.

Agree completely. I have no idea why this is.

I mean, I know why healers don't play (50 sage seer). The game f's you on medals (seriously, my vanguard will get a half dozen for guarding someone and facerolling my attacks), no one guards you (even if you ask nicely, half the time there aren't even any tanks) and no one listens when you yell for a LOS.

True (non-hybrid) tanks are also pretty horrible to play in pvp.

Edited by cioran

at least on my server the eastern turret still fires twice when the imps capture it. reason i know is because pubs captured west it fired once after about 4 seconds or so, imp captured east after the the pub's turret had fired and the pub ship went to 590 and the imp ship was still 595.

but yes at least on my server if an ops group of 8ish pubs go to ilum they generally are capable of holding off 12-16 imps.

that is until the real pvp guild on my server (imp side) shows up, then we need even numbers to beat them

the officail patch note confirmed the when Imps capped the closer (for them) node it, on occasion, fire a double shot (10 points).

PvP

Warzones

General

Fixed a queue interface exploit that allowed players to bring additional players into a warzone. While imbalances can still happen under specific circumstances, the issue can no longer be intentionally triggered by players in this way. *UPDATED*

Alderaan Civil War

The Eastern Turret no longer fires twice under some circumstances when it is captured by the Imperials.

Some imps still deny it even after it has been confirmed by the Devs.

LOL, I thought I was crazy when I saw more imps than us in the occasional WZ.

THE biggest differentiator in any warzone or open world conflict is healers.

The winning side always, always has more healers.

It's not skill, it's not tactics, it's who can kill the other people fastest.

Presently, there are WAY more Soercerors than any other class, this is why the tables are leaning toward the Imperial side in terms of victories.

More healers (or classes capable of healing) = more wins.

As republic people re-roll Scoundrels and Sages things will shift I'm sure.

It varies from server to server and group to group.

qft

because on my server on Alderaan Reps always go mid/left and when nobody can cap mid due to interrupts and they send 3 to left and 1 to right Imps cap 2 turrets and we're stuck trying to get at least one.

So in that respect more idiots play my server, because I'm always the one who watches where the flow is moving to and adapt accordingly.

My observations after playing both sides in Prophesy of the Five:

Imperials:

Rarely leave a solo defender at a point. If they do, that solo defender is usually a potent stealther who never got the memo about the Op nerf.

Usually have good situational awareness. I have had rare cases where I walk through a busy fight and plant a bomb amongst 4 enemies. Usually, however, the Imps are good about hitting towers/doors before you can cap.

More easily lured into meaningless fights. On countless occasions, I've lured 2-3 imperials into fighting me in an already cleared room of Voidstar, or the roads of Civil War, while my team has moved on to hit an objective. The Imps seem to be far more kill driven. Which leads me to...

Focus on kills more than objectives. When given the choice between finishing a player off, or interrupting a bomb plant that is at 7.8, most imps that I've seen will choose the kill. I've had several games where the Imperials had a 2:1 kill advantage, but still lost.

More premades and better gear. I rarely see an 11k hp Imp at 50. I rarely see a group without at least 3 people from the same guild at 50. My lower level alts see more randoms, however.

Much better at Huttball. Sure, I've had some pro teams that win 6-0 within 5 minutes, but I've seen far more Rep teams that don't even know how to pass. Hell, some don't even realize what to do with the ball. Imperials by and large are better at Huttball, and only rarely will I see one do something foolish, like hold the ball with low health, while a high health ally is nearby.

Republic:

More prone to foolish losses. I've had many times when I got out of a match, and though "We just lost to a worse team." Everyone leaves the East turret when mid calls for help. Mid gets capped while 3 people are around it. And my personal favorite, some Commando will ALWAYS stand at the edge of our endzone in Huttball, trying to shoot the carrier, and just begging that Sith to force leap out of the pit for a quick score.

Less focus fire. I'm often the op leader in WZs. I try to mark healers when I see them. Still, I rarely see them get focused down, as each Rep in the area is fighting his own little 1v1.

Lack of map awareness. 6 people will be fighting on East door, and nobody will notice that there is nothing on West door until the bomb is planted. I suppose their mini-maps don't work?

Silence. Silence is an absolute killer, and I see it far too often. One guy will defend a point, and say nothing when he dies.

Rambo complex. Too many one man armies. When down 1:2 in CW, 5 people will try to hit right, and instead of following along, Mr. ****** decides to hit mid solo. He dies, we come within one stun of taking right, but ultimately fail.

The good comes in phases. It seems that we do quite well midday. Around 3-5 eastern (perhaps when the kids are getting home from school) the Imps start to dominate. Things even out again around 5-7 pm. After 11 on weekday nights, the Reps start to gain an edge again, at least at high level.

More under-geared fresh 50s. I have seriously seen matches where my 18k was top, we had a 15k, and the rest were 13.3k and lower. I've even seen people under 11k. I've seen several people playing at 50 with a valor rank under 20. Though I believe I am great with tactics, I feel I am average at best skill wise. I simply cannot carry clueless PVE levelers with 0 expertise through a WZ, and it gets frustrating.

We're better sub 50. There really is a remarkable difference in the win rates of pre and post 50 Rep groups. My mid thirties characters win well over 60%, and can often run up impressive win streaks. My 50 can get stuck in one of the previously mentioned bad time frames, and will be lucky to finish his daily in under 3 hours. Conspiracy theory: All the bad Reps who couldn't hack it early rerolled Imp, and now get rolled in sub-50 pvp. Pro Imps who were tired of a 5:1 advantage decided to switch sides for a greater challenge, and now rock sub-50.

As for imps being better skilled at PVP?? how can you tell, most servers it's 5 to 1 ratio.

When on equal numbers or out numbered, the imps seem to not know what to do where as the reps do. not because they are more skilled but a little more experienced playing the out numbered games.

Well, on my server, on Ilum between 20.00 and 21.00 imps are locked at their respawn while we farm them like sheep with lesser numbers, every single day. Usual numbers, 3 to 1 odds in favor of imps.

Warzones, really depends, seems like 50:50 win loss ration now.

Edited by Lerdoc

Well Ill throw my 2 cents in and say there are a ton of not so well educated people playing this game that span all age groups. It's almost a epidemic in some cases.:cool:

And this is on both sides of the fence so what are you going to do .