Serious overloading of servers

Obtena

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well anyway, ToFN palyers, come the 27th my sub ends and you will have one less person ahead of you in the queue. I really hope BioWare sorts out their mess and gives you a game you can log into quickly to enjoy your gaming time.

Fly safe everyone!

Edited by Noviru
quoting removed content of DoM

Queing for Tomb of Freedon Nadd for over an hour AGAIN!!!! . Get on with the server transfers phase 2 NOW!!!!
So do i mate, and to others who make malicious statements that "**** with your rants" use the 30% part of the brain of yours, some of us have work to do (google it i think you never worked one day), i want to come home and break some skulls before recharging up for the next day, not to wait in queues on my money, this is rude and a shamefull part from bioware for not foreseeing this would happen.

BioWare need to understand its the players that make the game. Without us, well without you (i'm gone come 27th), without you, there is no game and they loose all that money. Not providing feedback and assistance to paying customers is not acceptable.

Anyway I am in game now, I guess I will get some of my play time this eveing.

Good Luck everyone!

Edited by Noviru
quoting removed content about DoM

Sounds like you need to find a new hobby outside of SWTOR.

Errmm...no he makes a very valid point actually. While I myself arent too bothered about the server times (I have an xbox so i can play that till the 1 hour queue jumps me in) I'd rather not be sitting in a queue waiting to play a game I've paid for.

I work.

It's my money.

I want my monies worth.

I have finally managed to finish all Balmorra quests, heroic and otherwise on one of my new toons thanks to my new server.

On my old server, i could never find a grp for any of the heroic quests.

So, yea, I am willing to deal with the hour of queue for now if it drastically improves my gameplay.

/cheers

Disconnected mid Ops, and now I'm in an hour long queue to get back in.

Please increase the server capacities, surely it can't be that difficult? The game feels pointless to me now if I have to spend half my evening queuing to get into it.

Hey everyone,

This is a friendly notice that we recently removed or edited several posts for being off-topic. If you were responding to removed content, we may have edited or removed your post as well. We understand that moderation can be frustrating, but by consolidating discussion we hope to keep the forums and your feedback better organized.

On a related note, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding moderation action or policy, we strongly encourage you to email us at CommunitySupport@swtor.com. This will put you in touch with one of our Community Coordinators, and allow you to ask any questions or share any feedback with us directly. As outlined in our Rules of Conduct, discussion of moderation is not appropriate for the forum. This is why if you have any issues you wish to escalate, we ask that you email it to us instead.

Thank you for understanding.

I honestly didnt see anything bad about filling up the servers, but its getting to a point where its starting to get ridicalous. Random disconnects from server ( i was tracking my connection during the game, nowhere and nothing did it fall short, just a random server disconnect..everything else was still connected) and BAM back into a waiting line.

we had this stuff during beta, but didnt we get a 5 minute or so grace period between disconnects and getting slammed back into a Q? Nowhere to be found now...

BioWare please explain to me why we now have lag typing in chat?

Or why since the 1.3 patch it is laggy to just type out a ticket?

What ever they did in 1.3 patch just really screwed up chat and tickets so you get lag typing.

Hey everyone,

This is a friendly notice that we recently removed or edited several posts for being off-topic. If you were responding to removed content, we may have edited or removed your post as well. We understand that moderation can be frustrating, but by consolidating discussion we hope to keep the forums and your feedback better organized.

On a related note, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding moderation action or policy, we strongly encourage you to email us at CommunitySupport@swtor.com. This will put you in touch with one of our Community Coordinators, and allow you to ask any questions or share any feedback with us directly. As outlined in our Rules of Conduct, discussion of moderation is not appropriate for the forum. This is why if you have any issues you wish to escalate, we ask that you email it to us instead.

It's quite simple stop providing a shoddy, crappy service. Whoever at bioware makes the ultimate decision regarding the server transfers better make their only priority to explain to their paying customers on how they are going to solve the issue, otherwise you will have noone left to pay your wages.

Hey everyone,

If you can take the time to type up such a lengthy response to posts being removed why can't you or one of your co-workers make some sort of comment on the subject at hand?

Seems Bioware want to learn the hard way. "Its the customers of an MMO which make a game"

Its not like any other game where you purchase it and play it. this game has a monthly sub.

Iv already diverted back onto LOTRO because of this it just ain't worth it waiting 35-40 minutes then being disconnected

Edited by Parali
discussion of moderation

ATM. there are 5 very heavy servers, but ToFN is "only" heavy. Did they increase cap or a lot of ppl got bored of queues and moved to other server? :rolleyes:

I would like an answer to this also. For the last few days I have been launching the game the moment I get home from work to help with those lengthy queue times, but today I was able to proceed straight to character selection. Either BW has increased the server capacity of certain servers or ToFN lost a great number of players over-night.

If you can take the time to type up such a lengthy response to posts being removed why can't you or one of your co-workers make some sort of comment on the subject at hand?

He/She didn't type out a thing. They pasted that in. Forum discussions such as this are funneled into single threads so they don't have to deal ignoring a bunch of threads. Little will be done about any complaints on this topic let alone any meaningful communication from Bioware.

ATM. there are 5 very heavy servers, but ToFN is "only" heavy. Did they increase cap or a lot of ppl got bored of queues and moved to other server? :rolleyes:

I know the answer.

Google it: The Secret World MMO

I play primarily on ZKE. This server like a couple others are now pretty much ghost towns. I and most of those that I play with enjoy a 4-5 population server on a scale of 1-10. This gives us the opportunity to play and not have to deal with A..H..ES, ninja killers/chest looters and such. Among other benefits. ZKE was perfect for us. Now we are stuck with no PVP/Warzones, No chance for high end material unless we move. Oh and no Galactic Market..

Yet if we move we are forced to move to 1 server which is pretty much always Heavy and gets to be Very Heavy and FULL. Then we have to deal with the things we can't stand. And let me tell you we will quit and find a way to get our money back for being F'd over. Granted there is only a few of us that really feel this passionate about it but still.

If we don't move we are F'd over anyway. Yes we can level, have fun with the story line but everything else is gone...

Now you are offering rewards to move.. REALLY? REALLY? What are you trying to do? Make us move by choice for some piddly in game junk we could get anyway if we spent a little time? You just want us to move by choice so that you wont have to say we forced you to move. Oh wait! But for those who haven't moved yet that what is happening anyway... you are forcing us to move.

We have been waiting for transfers to another light server so we could get back to what we enjoyed and play with similar people as before. We need free transfers with a choice of A LOT of servers not just 1 or the 5 that are essentially full. This is ridiculous and F'd.

Oh, and did you know there are people playing on ZKE to Level up as fast as possible so they can then transfer over to CO without having to deal with the MESS CO is for leveling.

I play primarily on ZKE. This server like a couple others are now pretty much ghost towns. I and most of those that I play with enjoy a 4-5 population server on a scale of 1-10. This gives us the opportunity to play and not have to deal with A..H..ES, ninja killers/chest looters and such. Among other benefits. ZKE was perfect for us. Now we are stuck with no PVP/Warzones, No chance for high end material unless we move. Oh and no Galactic Market..

Yet if we move we are forced to move to 1 server which is pretty much always Heavy and gets to be Very Heavy and FULL. Then we have to deal with the things we can't stand. And let me tell you we will quit and find a way to get our money back for being F'd over. Granted there is only a few of us that really feel this passionate about it but still.

If we don't move we are F'd over anyway. Yes we can level, have fun with the story line but everything else is gone...

Now you are offering rewards to move.. REALLY? REALLY? What are you trying to do? Make us move by choice for some piddly in game junk we could get anyway if we spent a little time? You just want us to move by choice so that you wont have to say we forced you to move. Oh wait! But for those who haven't moved yet that what is happening anyway... you are forcing us to move.

We have been waiting for transfers to another light server so we could get back to what we enjoyed and play with similar people as before. We need free transfers with a choice of A LOT of servers not just 1 or the 5 that are essentially full. This is ridiculous and F'd.

After exhausting every other possible suggestion I can think of, it seems to me like the last great suggestion I can come up with is to let all of us who do not want to play on overpopulated servers to transfer to one now dead server. Of course, the demand is so high for non-over-populated servers that we would probably end up over-populating that server too.

I guess that's the problem with forcing serveral servers to merge with 1, single, already healthily popuilated server. It would have been nice (from an EC RP perspective) to have left the already heavy population server (Ebon Hawk) alone and to condense the rest of us into one of the standard servers (Lord Adraas or Sanctum of the Exalted). Kath Hound wasn't all that bad. We had PvP most of the day. The LFG tool would have solved our "no flashpoint" issue. They could've left us alone or let one or two servers merge with us and all would be grand right now. I saw some seriously dead servers (Nathama, for instance) so I know what the difference was.

Personally, I don't mind playing with some PvE folks and PvP folks if they would just let us repopulate a dead server to a healthy level. Let's not forget that while an anorexic physique is unhealthy, so is a bloated, obese physique. Going from one extreme to another is not healthy.

Oh, and did you know there are people playing on ZKE to Level up as fast as possible so they can then transfer over to CO without having to deal with the MESS CO is for leveling.

Wow... that is a great idea, until they take that from us too. It won't solve anything longterm, but would at least make the next couple of weeks.... playable.

Edited by InnerPieces