Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

YeIIow

I think being pacifists wouldn't guarantee they stay away from the dark side. Some Jedi have fallen to the dark side through... wait for it... meditation.

Imagine something like the Krath Cult takes over a system. A few Force-using knights could infiltrate the palace and take them prisoner without causing too much casulties.

And if every military would have some Je'daii among the troops, they could prevent war crimes from occuring.

Je'daii in police functions will help capturing dangerous criminals alive and without too great risks.

And if two planets decide to fight each other, but the Je'daii in the troops of both planets go to the battlefield and start negotiating with each other, they might prevent the war better than advisors could.

The line about ignorance and knowledge is: There actually is ignorance. You should encourage young Je'daii to admit their ignorance and try to gain knowledge.

also: There is light, yet darkness. ;)

But I'm cool with different sub-oders in the Je'daii Order.

You make good points. OK, how about this. Unlike the Jedi the Je'daii don't advocate leading armies off to war and responding to attackers with Force, only as a last resort. The Je'daii aren't trained to wield lightsabers, because it symbolizes defenders and war etc, but they focus all time into honing their strength in the Force and so can be formidable. I therefore wouldn't advocate them leading soldiers, even as advisers. We also have to consider that as not official protectors of the Republic, they don't automatically have that kind of authority. But the Je'daii will monitor and operate in the shadows, and if they see a need to intervene, maybe with minimal force to subdue, they will do so.

So the guidelines:

Je'daii are the guardians of peace and harmony in the galaxy.

Je'daii only use violence as a last resort, and never for the purposes of war.

Je'daii use their knowledge and power to advise and guide.

Je'daii respect all life, in any form.

Je'daii serve only the Force, light and dark, and maintain its balance.

Je'daii seek to achieve wisdom through knowledge and understanding.

And the code:

There is ignorance, yet knowledge.

There is emotion, yet peace.

There is passion, yet serenity.

There is chaos, yet harmony.

There is death, yet the Force - there is only the Force.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make good points. OK, how about this. Unlike the Jedi the Je'daii don't advocate leading armies off to war and responding to attackers with Force, only as a last resort. The Je'daii aren't trained to wield lightsabers, because it symbolizes defenders and war etc, but they focus all time into honing their strength in the Force and so can be formidable. I therefore wouldn't advocate them leading soldiers, even as advisers. We also have to consider that as not official protectors of the Republic, they don't automatically have that kind of authority. But the Je'daii will monitor and operate in the shadows, and if they see a need to intervene, maybe with minimal force to subdue, they will do so.

So the guidelines:

Je'daii are the guardians of peace and harmony in the galaxy.

Je'daii only use violence as a last resort, and never for the purposes of war.

Je'daii use their knowledge and power to advise and guide.

Je'daii respect all life, in any form.

Je'daii serve only the Force, light and dark, and maintain its balance.

Je'daii seek to achieve wisdom through knowledge and understanding.

And the code:

There is ignorance, yet knowledge.

There is emotion, yet peace.

There is passion, yet serenity.

There is chaos, yet harmony.

There is death, yet the Force - there is only the Force.

In some sense, I think it could work. At least, until they have to face great threat, which forces them into battle. If you are not trained to fight while still resisting the dark side, but circumstances force you to fight, you will fall easier.

Also, from the perspective of a reader, I admire an order of knights or warrior monks more than I admire an order of pacifists quite meditation only order. I, personally, think the Jedi are already watered down enough into pseudo-pacifists in many star wars works. Instead, I'd rather like them based upon the ideal of knights.

The codes are good, I especially like the last line with the double-Force as opposed to the other line. It fits quite well.

Edited by Maaruin

I'm not much of a history buff, but if I recall correctly the battle of Yavin took place "A long time ago."

(In a galaxy far, far away).

So none of the characters are in any way "current."

the person to who my comment was aimed, only knows about Star Wars from what he has seen in the games and movies, thats why i refer to those two as "current."

Edited by YeIIow

I understand where you're coming from, but I think you're forgetting something. The Dark Side of the Force is scary as hell.

The Dark Siders may just want to increase their knowledge and power, but that is precisely the proverbial deal with the devil. It never goes the way you want it to, and it will betray you and cause unimaginable damage before it's through. The Jedi have infinite reason to ensure that practice of the Dark Side is routed out so fiercely. This isn't close-minded. This is simply to preempt the atrocities the Dark Side makes inevitable.

That said, the Sith make sense for the first half of their climbs to power.... then they start to go a little odd.

(Side Note: Some SW authors do better to represent this than others.)

May the Jedi and the Republic prevail!

By the way, we Jedi must do what we can to reverse the trend that is currently plaguing the Republic...

I am speaking of the threat of these "Dark Jedi" and Sith that have infiltrated the Republic and exisit in growing numbers every day on our very fleet.

We MUST purge them - for they will only bring ruin...

The strongest Force users, are, of course, neither Jedi nor Sith, but Potentium, or Greys.

Both the power and freedom of the Dark Side, and the serenity and control of the Light Side work best when combined - the nearest any player character comes to this is Light Side Empire.

May the Jedi and the Republic prevail!

By the way, we Jedi must do what we can to reverse the trend that is currently plaguing the Republic...

I am speaking of the threat of these "Dark Jedi" and Sith that have infiltrated the Republic and exisit in growing numbers every day on our very fleet.

We MUST purge them - for they will only bring ruin...

Reminder: the SWTOR forums are for non-RPing business only. Edited by Beniboybling

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys, for all of u who have been forming part of this debate, i recomend u "Star Wars - Dawn of the Jedi" Comics, they're quite good, the art and the writing and are just amaising, and it covers the Era Pre-Republic and Pre-Jedi Order, while the Rakata Empire still was around, so something brand new for a change :) Edited by YeIIow